How it all begins

The Wrong Love Story

Awkward is the best word to describe Park Chanyeol. He is oddly tall with long unproportional limbs, his eyes are awkwardly huge like a pair of black saucers, and there is always this creepy wide smile plastered on his face, as if he is planning someone's murder or something along the line. He has insanely deep voice that doesn't match his youthful face and ear-deafening loud laughter that is in the borderline between unexplainable oddness and goosebumps inducing creepiness.

Despite all that awkwardness, Park Chanyeol is popular. He is very sociable that everyone at school knows him and he knows literally everyone. He is the first guy everyone would call out when they are asked to name a student from his year and that was how Park Chanyeol was elected to be President of student council when he was in his second year. When she joined the student council in her first year, Joohyun didn't know why Park Chanyeol was so loved by everyone but she ended up fully understanding it.

It all begun with unplanned lighthearted chatting that Chanyeol kindly initiated during their train ride home during her first few months in the student council. Joohyun lives a couple stations from the school and Chanyeol's house is conveniently located in the same surrounding as hers. Since student council works often required them to stay longer at school, Chanyeol always offered to walk her home and she never refused out of common courtesy. Joohyun was not a chatty person but he was, so they always had something trivial to chat about during their one and a half hour ride. He was talkative yet attentive in the same time that their small talks gradually grew into a deeper one. They started to talk about their dreams and their families, and sometimes about the future of the student council. There was something in Chanyeol that made her feel at ease in sharing all her problems. She even told him about the burdens that she had always kept by herself, like how she worried about not being able to live up to her parents expectations and how she longed for a sibling as she was an only child.

Chanyeol was also the one who supported her to make her candidature for president of the student council. When many others doubted her ability, he was the one who stepped up and encouraged her. He always told her that he knew her better than those people and since he--the president of the student council--believed in her, she should too. 

Without her knowing, Chanyeol had slowly become an integral part of her life. He was the person whose advice she would always listen in the student council meeting. He was the first male outside of her family that she could comfortably call as 'Oppa'. He was the one she would consult to when she faced a trouble, both in student council and in her personal life. Everyone called her as Park Chanyeol's right hand but she knew that she thought of him more than just her superior. He was her mentor, her friend, her older brother, and her first crush.

However, he was also the one who taught her a very important lesson:

You can't have everything you want in life.



TBC


AN:

meow.. >_<

thank you so much for subscribing and commenting and upvoting the story ^^

I love you all. This update is really short, I know, but I hope you will still enjoy it.

this chapter is dedicated to you all, and the lovely reader, you too.

Upvotes, comments, and subs are very much appreciated. :)

with many-many thankful love,

himalayancat