Prologue

The Wrong Love Story

A pale girl with long silky black tresses graces through the almost empty hallway. With her doe-like eyes, small pointy nose, smooth jawline, and rosy lips she is almost ethereal. Her graceful steps ooze elegance to her quiet surrounding. However, her steps are halted when she heard a deep voice caling for her attention.

"Joohyun-sunbaenim, can I have a little bit of your time?"

Her hand, which is going to reach the door knob of the student council room, stops in mid air. She--a second year student who goes by the name Seo Joohyun—turns back to meet a nervous looking pale guy with humongous pair of eyes that feel like judging her and thick plump red lips which are constantly being assaulted out of anxiety by his perfectly arranged white teeth. On his hand is a beautiful bouquet of pristine white lilies--her favorite flower.

"Yes?" She answers inquiringly; her head slightly tilts to a side, telling him that she was giving full attention to him. Her beautiful black hair falls like a waterfal to her left shoulder. The guy flushes in embarrassment and fidgets with the bouquet in his hand but ends up staring at her bravely.

"Uh, Sunbaenim, I... I like you. Please accept my flower and... Wouldyoupleasebemygirlfriend?"

He shoves the bouquet at her while turning a couple shades redder than before. She takes the bouquet carefully from the poor guy who looks like he is about to die out of his nervousness.

 "Thank you," she thanks him while smiling warmly, "and you are?"

The younger boy flushes furiously as he realizes that he hasn't properly introduced himself to her.

"I'm Do Kyungsoo from class 1-A, Sunbaenim," he stutters his answer.

"Ah, Kyungsoo-ssi," she starts slowly--a gentle smile never leaves her lips, "Thank you for the attention. I'm really honored to..."

"Cut the crap and answer directly, Miss President. You are killing the poor guy with his anxiety and you still have a load of works waiting for you."

Joohyun turns back to see the rude person who dares to cut her off. A lithe bronze skinned guy is leaning on the door frame. His slightly muscular arms are crossed in front of his chest. His slender fingers are tapping his arm impatiently but his handsome face is painted with boredom, as if the event happening in front of him was a daily occurance and him cutting her off is just a habit.

"Jongin..." she hisses while eyeing the tanned boy before turning back to face Kyungsoo with an apologetic smile.

"Where were we?" she questioned herself more than actually asking the guy in front of him. "Ah, yes. I'm honored that you are interested in me but I really can't be in a relationship right now. I'm really sorry."

She bows deeply--a ninety degree bow, to be exact--in honor of Kyungsoo's feeling that she cannot reply.

A crestfallen look graces Kyungsoo's small face but he still nods understandingly. She is out of his league, after all.

"It's okay, Sunbaenim. Thank you for your time and for accepting my flower. Good evening."

Kyungsoo bows before he left her. Joohyun nods back courteously and watches Kyungsoo's back moving farther from her. When he is out of her sight, she turns back and heads into the room.

"Until when are you going to pin for him? He is going to graduate soon, you know," Jongin remarks casually while letting Joohyun walks pass him through the door. His trained sharp eyes follows the eloquent movement of her petite figure.

"What are you talking about? I'm literally in a relationship with the student council right now--it's taking all my precious youth," she commented nonchalantly while keeping her expression straight. She realizes, though, that she can never hide anything from Jongin. Jongin knows. However, she hopes he will let it slide this time. She forgets that luck is never on her side and is reminded of that fact when Jongin grabs her wrist; effectively stopping her and forcing her to face him. When her eyes finally stares at his, Joohyun knows that Jongin has seen through her perfect facade, as always. A poignant smile is formed on her thin lips as she–albeit reluctantly—remembers a certain lanky-yet-charismatic third year student.

"I don't know, Jongin. I don't know."


TBC



AN:

So. I originally planned this to be a oneshot. It will still be. However, I will cut it into chapters since the story time line is moving back and forth too many times that it may confuse the reader. Therefore, I'll chop it into really short chapters like this. I'm experimenting with a new style of writing in this one. I've always used past tense but this one is using present tense because writing flashback in past perfect is just too... I dunno, I don't really like it.

Thank you so much for all the subbies and the comments, and the vote.

Special thanks to all the subbies who subscribed before I post this:

nidharshini34, shahirashera, immakoploverable, glamzchic-unnie, koreanchick, dear 24Rere, haruma2911, kawaii_neko, hyohunnie 29, and seohyunyunho.

With many-many thankful love,

himalayancat