Tic Toc

Eve of Destruction

 




July 6, 2264
Cheonju, South Korea
The Yongsu Subway
4:08 PM



"Current Location: Cheonju. Please exit in an orderly fashion and have a nice day. Next location: Pyeongtaek."

The warm summer air mixed with the decaying scent of the subway, leaving a tangy sick smell to filter through the station. The walls were dented and stained brown from mistreatment, their original coat of coal black paint barely visible under the assorted posters that were layered over it.

As she trudged towards the waiting doors of the train clutching her grocery bags, Ji Ae’s eye caught one of the more brightly colored posters. Flamboyantly yellow and bearing the words, ‘WANTED: TABLO, WARNING LEVEL: CODE RED, CLASSIFICATION: S4S16, PERSECUTION: HOUSING S4S16s’, in a bright red, and a picture of the criminal placed below them, the poster was one of the most attention grabbing on the wall.        

Rolling her eyes and turning away, Ji Ae picked up the pace, dodging around people. Unfortunately the doors began to close, signalling the train was about to leave. If it did, she’d have to wait an hour for another cross-country train to appear, and even longer for the tram she had to transfer to half way through her trip.

“Wait!” She yelled, only a few feet from the door. A foot appeared from within the train, blocking the door from shutting and securing her ticket home. Panting out a ‘thank you’ to the young man who had helped her, Ji Ae made her way over to one of the open window seats and sat down. She definitely needed to set her alarm earlier.

The bright picture mocked her from across the station, and as the train began to move, a few more posters dragged her eye across the wall. They were nothing new to her, as they were recognisable across the country for their design as wanted posters, warning every one of criminals and S4S16s within the area.  The S4S16s always received a code red warning, labelling them the most dangerous and the least approachable for citizens. The Hunters were usually the ones who went after them directly.

The S4S16s on the posters were nothing new either, just the usual assortment consisting of Tablo and two known S4S16 gangs within Korea, who had named themselves ‘Infinite’ and ‘Beast’. Occasionally, a poster would go up that would have a picture of one of the gang members specifically, but it was usually ripped down later that day. Ji Ae suspected the S4S16s of stealing them; if their pictures weren’t up, it could keep them from being noticed too much.

The train pulled out of the station and the cover from daylight, bringing the city into view. Daegu was massive in size, sprawling into the distance for miles. Tram lines could be seen linking through the air like snakes, around buildings and over streets, all above ground.
The increase of population in the past hundred years left the city unprepared. Buildings were sloppily constructed on top of old ones, and the city capital moved to the newest and prettiest section of Daegu, leaving the old capital to the slums. The clearly defined sections of slum and proper living was nothing new; a few of South Korea’s other cities suffered the same fate, as did many others around the world. Nothing surprising there, but it didn’t make it any less ugly to notice.

The train rumbled slightly, shaking the car Ji Ae was settled in. A rolled-up ball of paper fell against her shin and she scooped it up curiously. Unfolding it on her lap, the girl wrinkled her nose. It was just another pamphlet on the S4S16s. Korea had gone crazy in handing them out within the past few years; the government was insistent on everyone knowing everything they could about the new mutants. Though Ji Ae had never seen a mutant, she already felt a deep sense of hatred towards the creatures. The pamphlet cautioned her of their strengths and ‘Powers’, as they were called: basically, their mutant super powers. It told a few stories of various encounters between average citizens and the horrible S4S16s, almost all of the tales ending in the human’s grisly demise. The last one ended with the Hunter coming to save the day and protecting the city against the demonic-looking S4S16 pictured below.

Ji Ae wasn’t stupid; she knew the S4S16s didn’t necessarily look like hell beasts, and she recognised propaganda when she saw it. But there were stories...stories told by word of mouth, and from those she trusted, who had seen the S4S16s, and interacted with them. The mutants were ruthless killers, doing anything to survive, living like wild animals in the slums; there were reasons the slums were feared so greatly by those within the cities.

The burning feeling of another’s stare brought Ji Ae out of her thoughts. Blinking, she shook her head and looked up. The man who had held the door open for her sat across the aisle and diagonal from her, his eyes flickering nervously between the window and her general direction. It was hard to read his expression, as his hood was up and a scarf wrapped around the lower part of his face. Peering closer, she cocked her head to the side before it hit her; that’s why he looked so familiar! His clothes belonged to one of the two remaining clans in South Korea.

With the sudden shock of all the new things in the past few hundred years, people began to look for comfort in each other and the past, when things has been simple. That meant today’s fashion wasn’t a specific style, as everyone dressed based on different time periods, places, and family history.

While many of South Korea’s family clans faded away, two remain strong, the Lee and the Dwayoung. The man was clearly bearing the Lee fashion and colors, which were very Arabian styled and unusual. Though, Ji Ae realised, she wouldn’t be surprised if she lost him in a crowd; the Lee Clan was strong and had many members, and their family colours melted into the background easily.

Try as she might, she couldn’t catch his eyes, and ended up staring at him for several moments before giving up. Relaxing against her seat and leaning her head against the window, she let her eyelids droop until drowsiness pulled at her mind. Seconds later she was drifting away, the rattle of the train rocking her to sleep.

-v-v-v-

     

July 6, 2264

Paris, France
Saint-Denis Commune

10:18 AM
 

“NO!”

With a shrill scream, Shin Sanghee scrambled to sit up, sweat pouring off her brow and her chest heaving as her lungs fought for air. The darkness of the room pulled at her senses, the curtains drawn tightly shut and all the lights off. Sobs began to overtake her, scratching at her raw throat and shaking her body. Curling into a ball as her bed sheet pooled around her forgotten, the young girl tried to calm her nerves and control her crying. Eventually she regained some of her self control and despite the fierce opposition her common sense was giving her, she attempted to recall what had just happened.


The dream seemed just like the others, starting with the same scenario. She was in a tram station, packed to the brim with people, the air humming with conversation. Her feet were glued to the ground as she stood in the center of the room, watching the people bustle by her, some jostling her shoulder without giving her a second glance. A tram arrived in front of her, a recorded voice echoing through the air and the usual exchange of people occurred, some going and some received. She heard laughter behind her, a little to the left, and though she couldn’t turn her head, she recognised it coming from a young female. A business man waited impatiently ahead of her, checking his watch and making noises of discontent, scowling at no one in particular. An angry yell rose above the usual din of the station before it faded away to the background.

As she let her eyes rove about the scene, Sanghee felt a sense of comfort and familiarity; she somehow knew these people were real, and that somehow made her feel at ease. Warm air brushed against her face as more people poured into the station from the entrance, bringing the smell of damp air and exhaust. Everything was as it should be.

But then...it began. As familiar as the sight before her, a dreaded bell shattered the calm in the air and within her. Her eyes shot to the clock, as it blinked '07/06/2264 4:44 PM’ and announced the arrival of another tram.

Only a few people within the crowd noticed the unusual timing of the train-it was too early, or perhaps it was too late for its arrival. The ground began to rumble, barely noticeable against the moving feet of the crowds. As her memory had begun to return, Sanghee felt panic and horror dawn upon her. This was wrong.

A tram whistle howled in the distance and the vibrations intensified. More bewilderment looks crossed people’s face, and some began to appear uneasy. Another whistled sounded, this time much closer.

As if by magic, the crowd parted in front of Sanghee, revealing a boy, maybe 6 or 7, dressed in a glowing sky blue jacket. Clutching a small doll in his tiny hands, the child looked up to someone she couldn’t see, his chubby face screwed up in confusion.

“Mommy...why is the floor moving?” His voice was high pitched and soft, emphasising his youth even more. Sanghee pulled at her feet in vain, struggling to run for the boy. was open, but no sound came out, her lungs squeezing painfully from the effort.

His short hair rustled in a sudden breeze and he turned his head to the source, the tunnel in which the most recent tram had just appeared.

“Mommy?”

The whistle returned with vengeance, and the breeze became a shattering wind in a matter of seconds, the shaking ground sending some people tumbling like leaves. Suddenly a tram burst from the tunnel, going too fast, sparks jumping from the tracks, metal shrieking against metal. Time seemed to slow as Sanghee was forced to watch the accident unfold before her eyes; the speeding tram heading straight for the stalling one, people tripping and falling over each other to flee, some getting trampled in the process. Screams laced the air as the tram met its final destination, crashing head first into its fellow transport.

The sky blue boy was at first lost in the chaos, with people rushing by her in torrents and metal tossed through the air like missiles. The tram awkwardly folded itself around the back of the other, twisting and splitting into pieces as fire flared outwards from the joined pair. Time regained its normal flow, as an explosion shook the air, sending more debris in the air. One of the concrete pillars was knocked down as the trams tumbled over the barrier from the force of the impact, plowing down people like a bowling ball through pins. Yet another pillar was taken down as another blast split the air. The next time she saw the boy was with his family, just before the cement roof collapsed on top of them, silencing their screams of terror.

Dust obscured the air in front of Sanghee’s face, sticking to her tear stained cheeks. felt like it was going to bleed and her legs felt weak from the strains she forced upon them uselessly. But there was nothing she could do, only to weakly fight against the bile rising in . She couldn’t even move her head, and waking up was out of the question.

Eventually the powder settled, giving back Sanghee’s sight. What awaited her was all too recognizable; the station was silent, except for the sound of weeping, pained moans, the crackling of flames and creaking metal. The station’s columns lay amongst the rubble, like fallen giants, concrete and metal wire scattered about. The trams lay far from her, near the edge of the untouched tracks on the other side of the station. Fires burned throughout the room, giving off the smell of singed clothing and metal and burnt flesh. Bodies were barely recognisable, half buried or missing limbs, all covered in a chalky layer of dust. A piece of sky blue material fluttered in the breeze a few feet from her, before being consumed by a nearby fire.

Nothing moved, except for a falling piece of the roof, which shattered upon impact with the ground. The sound caused Sanghee to flinch and inhale sharply, drawing her back to herself. A lump rose in and her eyes stung as she continued to take in the scene. She was stood alone, the only survivor from the accident.

She stood alone.   

-v-v-v-


 Just as she got her sobbing under control again, she felt the vibrations of footsteps, before the light switched on in her room.

‘Are you alright?’

She weakly smiled at the concerned look upon her mother’s face, trying to hide how shaken she truly was.

‘Yes, I’m alright. Just a nightmare.’

‘Another one? Is it the same?’ Her mother took another step into the room as her daughter shrugged casually.

‘Yes.’

The older woman sighed, shaking her head, ‘I told you the accident was mentally trying. Would a therapist help?’

 

Sanghee hastily turned her down. ‘No, really, I’m fine. The accident doesn’t have anything to do with the nightmares, really.’

About a week ago, on one of her father’s business trips to Asia, Sanghee had gone on a walk with her mother and brother. She had ended up getting a little separated, and when she went looking for them, she realised they had crossed the street without her knowledge. In her haste to rejoin them, she had assumed the road was clear, as it was a pretty quiet area, and dashed across. Her carelessness ended up causing her to go flying when a car bumped into her as it screeched to a stop. A man with goggles had hurriedly gotten out of the vehicle and helped her up, but she was too embarrassed to do anything but wave him off, insisting she was alright. Only later had she told her family what had happened, and realised she had forgotten to get the strangers name and details. Her parents had been frantic over the accident, as neither of them had been there to see the full extent of what had happened, and blamed every problem Sanghee had recently upon it; including the nightmares.

 

As her mother made a movement to protest, Sanghee cut her off, ‘Mom, I’m feeling a little tired. I had a late night last night. I think I can go back to sleep; don’t worry about it, okay? I promise to tell you if I have any more nightmares, okay?’ She faked a yawn and stretched her arms over her head pointedly, preparing for sleep once more.

Her mother sighed, and moved to help her daughter.

‘Aw, come on Mom, I’m 20 now, you don’t need to tuck me in anymore,’ she smiled cheekily at her mother, trying to banish the grim look from her face.

It worked, as her mother just laughed softly and ruffled her hair. ‘Oh, sweetheart, you’re always going to be a child in my mind. Go to sleep, I’ll come wake you in a few hours. I love you,’ she kissed her daughter on the forehead to accent her point.

‘Thanks mum, I love you too,’  she continued to smile at her mother’s retreating form until the lights went out and the door closed, leaving her in the dark once more.

Sitting up, the girl tried to think back to the dream again. She had noticed something rather odd about the reoccurring nightmares; in each dream there was a new detail. It was rare enough that she was getting them repeatedly, but it was even stranger that the new details in her dreams had been censored from her previous visions. She had a photographic memory, which was quite handy for situations like this, and when she had thought back to the other occurrences; they were missing specific details, like they were blurred out or just not there. With each passing dream, the central details were coming into focus, like a picture.

The first time, it was just a general dream. She didn’t think there was anything unusual. The second one made it blatantly obvious though; there was sound, and it just brought the dream to life, making it as if it were real. She would be lying if she said she hadn’t teared up a little before the accident had even happen. The third, and most recent dream, revealed the very details she had been hoping for.

During the second she heard conversation and the where the station was, thanks to the announcer. But it was the third dream that showed the time and date.

She slowly got out of bed and looked at her clock as it hummed, 10:27 AM. If her dreams were real, the accident would happen at today at 4:44 PM, at the Ilhwan Subway, at the Seoul National Park station.

Moving to her dresser, Sanghee picked up a watch, the one she had worn to Korea and had yet to turn it back to Frances’ time zone. She had 2 hours; if she took the family’s private jet she may get there in time, but was it even worth the shot? What if it was just all that? A dream?

Fiddling with the watch in her hand, the girl looked out the window. The dreams seemed so real...she made up her mind a moment later, wrapping the watch around her wrist with a determined look. She wouldn’t be able to get a good night’s sleep until she had checked for the subway herself. Beside, worst case scenario, if it was real, then at least she’d know she tried. Least case, she’d have to find a damn good excuse for taking the jet’s to Korea so randomly.

-v-v-v-


July 6, 2264

Paris, France

Le Bourget Airport

11:05 AM

 

 

As she stepped into the ancient airport, Sanghee looked around, in awe. The building had been redone and upgraded so many times over the many years it had been there, had several wings where jet flights were available for people with last minute business calls. Privately owned jets could be stored there, but it cost more money, so the Shin family generally had theirs placed in a storage building further from the airport so it didn’t take up space along the airports wings. After she had called ahead to have the jet moved to the air strip so she could board, she had called the airport for rough details on the cost for her flight: the cost for the jet to be moved, for the pilot to fly the actual journey, the fue; needless to say, though the amount had lowered sufficiently over the years for a flight, the fee was still more than her own personal funds.


With a slightly guilty heart, but a clear head, she tapped into her father’s bank card to purchase a last minute jet ticket. She’d need it to get into the airport’s boarding wing and to give it to the pilot, despite it being privately owned, for security reasons.

 

"- ket and passpo-...please."

 

Blinking and shaking her head slightly, she was brought back to reality. Pulling out both the required items, she scanned them on the laser board while giving the 2 security robots a nervous smile. Not that they could see it anyways. A light turned green over her head as a laser scanned her for any bombs or dangerous weapons. Nothing appeared, so there was a ding and the bullet proof glass in front of her slid down, allowing her to walk further into the B Class Jet Wing. Tucking her video phone into her pocket and grabbing her notebook and pen, she jogged for Entrance 7.

 

A moment later the pilot came into view, a friendly looking man with a large pepper & salt mustache. He gave her a friendly wave when he noticed her and greeted her when she was within a few feet of him.

 

She smiled and waved back, "Leaving now?" She coughed and rubbed while he nodded in response.

 

"Yes, Made...elle Shin, we can...ave as soon as you...sh."

 

She fought against the silly smile that threatened to take over her face; the pilot knew her name, fancy! She had never taken a flight by herself, so she had never directly spoken to the family’s pilot. Instead she met his eyes, which were a brilliant blue, before answering, "Yes, leave as soon as possible, please."

 

He opened the door for her so she could enter while she handed him her ticket.

 

"Alright, ...joy your fli..."

 

She realised she hadn’t relaxed until she settled against the leather seat within the jet. Taking a deep breath, she let it out and forced the tension to leave with it; it would take a few hours for her dad to realise the jet was missing, and even by then, she should have everything checked and be ready to go. Leaning back against the headrest, Sanghee forced her eyes closed; she might as well try and catch up on her sleep on the trip there.

 

-v-v-v-v-v-v-



July 6, 2264
Seoul, South Korea

Incheon Airport

4:32 PM

 

 

They landed an hour and 32 minutes later. Rushing off the jet, she yelled a quick 'good bye' and 'thank you' to the pilot before bolting head long for the entrance of the airport. Waving frantically, she managed to hail a taxi, and scrambled to get in without dropping her sketchbook and pencil.

 

"...ere to, miss?"

 

"The Seoul National Park Subway Station," She shot back quickly, before having a coughing attack. She wished she could call the police and warn them. But something told her they would just call her crazy and hang up. Or worse...they'd be suspicious, and think she was an S4S16.
 

Rubbing , she checked the time on the dashboard of the car.

 

'4:34 PM'

She was cutting it too close.

 

10 minutes till the accident.

 

-v-v-v-v-v- 

 


July 6, 2264
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul National Park Subway Station
4:38 PM


One of the things Jinri definitely did not like about taking the tram was the crowds. Loud, annoying, rude, obnoxious; they were practically everything she hated in a person, times a hundred, as it was a group, not just a person.

Tightening her grip on her package, the young woman glowered at the people who shuffled off the tram in front of her at an agonizingly slow pace. She wanted nothing more than to bulldoze through them, but something told her that’d be a bad idea and may create a mob-mentality against her. That wouldn’t end well. Begrudgingly, she followed the person in front of her, taking baby steps, and holding back the urge to gag as a too-primly dressed woman drifted past with her thick perfume clogging the air. The moment she stepped off the tram she paused and took a deep breath, thanking the lord for the fresh air. Only to stop and once again fight the urge to gag-was that rain? The air felt and tasted damp-it definitely meant it was raining outside. She mentally took back the thanks she had given and cursed the heavens for her luck. Jinri didn’t like many things, including rain.

The group behind her got impatient and someone was shoved into her; unfortunately her grip had also relaxed around her package, and the impact caused it to slip from her grasp. She tried to catch it but it hit the ground with a shattering thud, and skidded a few feet away, into the lively subway. With a gasp, she chased after it, and reached out to scoop it up. Only for it to get stepped on.

If the glass within the parcel wasn’t broken before...well, there was no question now. As the foot lifted, Jinri grabbed at her item and stood up straight, glaring at the offender. The woman didn’t seem to notice the angry look she was getting, as she continued on, moving with the mass of people. With an annoyed snarl, Jinri took after the girl with the braided dark brown hair. She had some difficulties keeping up, but eventually the stranger pulled away from the crowd and moved towards the back of the station, behind some of the distant pillars.

“YAH!” She yelled out angrily, marching towards the girl. The woman appeared a bit dazed, and was perhaps ignoring her, as she didn’t acknowledge Jinri’s presence until the girl was standing right in front of her.

“What’s your problem?!” She snapped, her hands on her hips, while the stranger turned large eyes onto her.

“Excuse me?” her voice was quiet, but her annoyed look was a clear warning. Jinri chose to ignore it.

Holding up her damaged package, she waved it in front of the woman’s face. “You stepped on my stuff! You broke it! It was a gift for a foreign friend and it was expensive-how are you going to make up for it?!” She growled, not afraid to get in the strangers face about the issue.

A bell rang through the air, but both girls ignored it.

The girl wrinkled her nose, “Look, I’m sorry, but how is this my fault? If it’s so important, what was it doing on the ground, like a rug? Don’t go blaming me! It’s packed in there,” She waved at the crowd, “There’s barely room to brea-“

“That doesn’t matter, you should have noticed the ground was uneven after you stepped on it.” The other girl’s eye widened as she grew more irritated at Jinri’s interruption, “No apology or hesitation, huh? You have some nerve-“

A tram whistle cut through the air, silencing them both as the ground began to shake beneath them. “What the...”Jinri frowned. “Earthquake?”

The girl looked to across the station, her cheeks puffing out in thought as she furrowed her brow. The girl had to fight the urge to smack her with her useless present; she also hated when people did stupid cutesy things, like puff their cheeks.  They both looked towards the same spot, at the tunnel diagonally across from them, where Jinri’s and the girl’s tram had arrived through minutes ago.

The shaking intensified, and the stranger shook her head, “I don’t think so...it doesn’t feel like one...” She began to back away, trying to get the furthest away from where they were staring. Swallowing, Jinri followed nervously, noting the looks of confusion making their way through the crowd.

A thought suddenly occurred to her. “Oh ...is that a tram coming?”

Before the stranger could reply, there was a sudden pop noise and the world froze.

 

Her heartbeat echoed in her ears as her vision failed her, pitching her into complete darkness. A second later, there was a crack, and suddenly she could see again. Panting, she felt her heartbeat speed up as she met the other girl's gaze. The stranger’s reaction was the same, with sweat beading on her forehead, and her face slightly flustered.

   

“What the hell was that?”

 

-v-v-v-v-v-

July 6, 2264
Seoul, South Korea

Seoul National Park Station

4:41 PM

 

It was a miracle they had gotten to the station so fast. But as she exited from the taxi and paid the driver, she closed her eyes and felt a pang in her heart as she realised she had to make a decision.

 

If she left now, she would live for sure, and maybe her nightmares would go away and she could pretend nothing happened. Or she could head down to the underground station and try to clear as many people out as she could. If she went down, and she was too late...she would get killed, or seriously injured.

 

There was a chance that the nightmare could just be a nightmare-nothing more, nothing less. There was a chance that nothing was going to happen, and she had come to Seoul without telling any of her family members and by stealing her father's money, for no reason. She could just walk away-there was a chance.

 

The sound of the boy calling to his mother echoed in her head.

 

Opening her eyes, she narrowed them in determination. She did NOT want to take the chance of falling asleep tonight and waking to the sound of the boy wailing. She did NOT want to see him die again. She had, had ENOUGH of the nightmares of being the only survivor during the subway accident.

 

She took the stairs two at a time on her way down.


-v-v-v-v-



“Never mind that, what the hell is that!” The stranger snapped, clearly confused and heated, pointing behind Jinri.

The girl whipped around and felt her jaw drop at the sight. The platform that had been covered in hundreds of people...was empty. No one was there. The station appeared abandoned except for the lonely looking tram across from them. Yet, even as she thought that, two young men ran off of it, both panting, with smiles on their faces.

“Ready to go, hyung?” One with a Lee Clan hood asked, gesturing about him as the girl beside Jinri stiffened. “We got everyone, let’s go!”

“Well, if you feel up to it-are Tukutz’ batteries working?”

The boy waved him off, “Yeah, they’re working awesomely. Can we go, please?”

The man with the goggles nodded, before stopping suddenly. “Wait. Something’s wrong,”

 

-v-v-v-v-v-

 

When Sanghee had gone down the first level, she was incredibly confused to see hundreds of people milling about. Apparently, they had no idea what was going on either, as they all had the same baffled expressions on their faces. She paused-surely this many people wouldn't just be on the first level? Was this all the people on the station level? It was at that point she saw the young boy in the sky blue jacket, hugging his mother’s leg fiercely, his little doll clutched in one hand.

 

There was no way! She hadn't warned anyone, so how would they have known when to flee?

 

Confused, she was unsure of what to do next. Suddenly, she made her mind up-she was going to check anyways, and if anyone was there, she would warn them!

 

She headed for the next flight.

 
-v-v-v-v-


“What?!” The boy scowled impatiently, his eyes narrowed as his head swung between the boy and looking about the station. “What’s-“

“There are people here!” Goggles snapped with his eyes closed in concentration.

The other boy’s mouth fell open. “What? Where?! But we got every-”

“Over there!” His eyes snapped open and he pointed towards Jinri and the girl. Another whistle, this time much closer.

The Lee Clan boy inhaled sharply when his eyes landed on the pair.

“What the hell?!” With a growl, he grabbed the boy and disappeared with a crack.

Before Jinri could even begin to think the dreaded word, the two boys appeared several feet before them, causing the other girl to gasp in surprise. The younger boy took a step towards them, though his eyes remained on the man with the goggles.

“Come on, Sunggyu, grab them, we have to go! The tram is-“

They were S4S16s. Jinri felt as if the ground had dropped out from beneath her. Her mind went blank even as fear began to claw at her.

“Wait! There...there’s one more...”

The ground shook even harder, and suddenly, Jinri felt herself being tugged along by the girl.

“Come on! We have to go!” She hissed through clenched teeth as they ran for the stairs they had been standing almost directly under.

“Sunggyu!” The boy could be yelling in annoyance behind them.

“Wait...there she is...”

Suddenly, Jinri saw a girl with long almost red brown hair come flying down the stairs, like a bat out of hell. Her eyes were wide and she looked panicked when she saw them.

 

"Leave! Leave!" She shrieked, her voice hoarse, contradicting her pretty face.


As if to prove her statement, a thundering whistle tore through the air behind them and the ground rumbled fiercely in reply.

Jinri managed to toss one look over her should before she felt her jaw drop.

Another tram came barrelling through the tunnel, way too fast, heading straight for the tram they had just exited off of. Which was only about 10 meters away.

 It didn’t take a genius to realise the girls weren’t going to make it; the inevitable calamity was just seconds away.

They were all going to die.


A_A_A_A_A_A


A/N





Hope you all liked it!

As some of my old readers can tell, this beginning scene is very familiar-in fact, I took some scenes word for word from the original. Well, you know what they say: if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it *shrug*


However, I still advise the New Beginning readers to NOT read the old story. It’ll just ruin it for you all. Anyone here a fan of Fullmetal Alchemist? Yeah, think of it like that: both animes have their own flair and yet are fairly similar. That’s what it’s like here: both stories are different yet very similar in the beginning. I promise that’ll change. In the mean time, please don’t spoil it for yourselves by reading the original. And to my original readers, please don’t spoil anything below ^^



Mei was made by the wonderful fatieynmanmanhani, Sanghee was written by the fantastic Wynthe, Ji Ae was produced by the epic IHeartHelloKitty, and Jinri was created by the lovely Zenlovers



 Thank you to all the readers and subscribers! You are all very kind!





WhosThere13

 

P.S. Character Designs for Sunggyu and Sungyeol, as well as pictures for the girls will be uploaded to my blog you anyone is interested.


P.S.S. I’ll be uploading the Infinite character designs by order they are introduced. Example: Sunggyu and Sungyeol were in today’s chapter, therefore their designs will be shown first. If you don’t like their design, that’s fine, just don’t look at it-they’re more so there so if you want help picturing them, it’s available. Also because thats how I’m picturing them in my head. So yeah. Whooot!