The Past

The Power of the Legends

 

“Luhan! Take the emblems off the Tree of Life and take it with you to Earth! You and the other 11 legends must spread yourselves out around Earth. Don’t create too much suspicions for the Warriors. Take our three emblems too. We’ll meet with you later on Earth, but until then just keep ours safe.” Min Jung commanded. Luhan shook his head.


“No. I’m not leaving without you, Krystal, and Yoon Ju.” Luhan refused to leave the three princesses behind on EXO Planet. Min Jung gave him a stern look.


“You need to leave. The Warriors are coming quickly and we need the legends to survive. You’re going to bring the Tree of Life back to life later. Don’t waste time! Hide yourselves on Earth and we’ll hide ourselves after hiding the tree.” Yoon Ju pushed Luhan out of the room and closed the door. She turned the lock, making sure that Luhan wouldn’t be able to come back inside. She turned to face the other two princesses. They gave each other a knowing look and gathered around the Tree of Life. They whispered some spells and a bright light gathered around the Tree of Life. The tree slowly disappeared as the light got brighter and brighter. When the tree could no longer be seen in the light, the three princesses stopped chanting the spell. The bright light disappeared and there was no sign of the tree in the room.


“Now we have to get to Earth!” Krystal shouted. Min Jung and her started running for the door, while Yoon Ju stood still at her place.


“What’s wrong? We need to leave now!” Min Jung, being her Umma self, wanted all of them to get to safety as soon as possible. Seeing that Yoon Ju wasn’t going to move anytime soon, she ran over and pushed Yoon Ju towards the door. Yoon Ju smiled sadly and shook her head.


“It’s hopeless already. The Warriors are here.” Yoon Ju said softly. Min Jung continued to push the girl towards the door. Krystal was already besides the door, listening for any signs of the Warriors nearby.


“We can still try to escape.” Min jung said. Yoon Ju shook her head again.


“Their minions are surrounding the castle. The Warriors are inside the room.” Yoon Ju replied. Alarmed, Min Jung and Krystal’s eyes started searching the room for the Warriors. Knowing that they would never be able to find their places with their eyes, Yoon Ju sighed and tried to remember the places she last saw them in. “They’re all in the shadows.” A deep, loud laugh was heard all around the room. The Warriors step out from different corners of the room.


“Not bad, Future Teller.” Yong Guk complemented. Yoon Ju glared at the purple haired boy.


“Of course I would know, Yong Guk. After all, I was playing Kai in the dream and it wasn’t a very nice sight.” Yoon Ju said. Yong Guk smirked.


“You knew they were coming and you still let the 12 legends go to Earth, leaving us here to fight them alone?!” Min Jung exclaimed. Yoon Ju nodded.

“What?! How could you do that?! They could’ve helped us!” Min Jung scolded.


“No they couldn’t have!” Yoon Ju yelled back at Min Jung.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I woke up to a loud boom heard from outside the castle. Looking around the room, I could tell that this was Kai’s room. I must be Kai, right? In dreams like these, I would never be able to move the body the way I want to. Whoever’s body this was, was in their control. I was just merely their eyes, looking and experiencing what they go through.


I walked out of the room to find many guards rushing up and down the halls. They had to get to their guarding post fast. I guess that something, or someone, was attacking us again. It must be the Warriors. They’ve been eyeing our planet for quite some time now.


I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Suho calling my name.


“KAI! What are you just standing there for?! Locate the princesses! Get them to safety!” Suho commanded, before running down the hall again. He’s probably going to go boss the other members around too. I quickly transported to places that the princesses would likely be at. I had to transport myself because the castle was pretty big.


I had transported myself to the garden. After searching around for awhile, I decided to look somewhere else. I went to the music room next. Yet again, they weren’t there. I quickly went to the library. I sighed in relief when I found one of the princesses hidden in the corner of the library. She was so into her book, that she didn’t notice the loud booms and ear-piercing screams from the outside.


“Princess Min Jung! We’ve got to go. The castle is under attack. We need to find the other two princesses and get all of you to safety.” I said. Min Jung looked up from her book and nodded. She placed a bookmark in the book, as if she was going to read it later, and grabbed hold of my waiting hand. I teleported us into the dance room. Loud music was playing, drowning out the screams and the booms. I pressed the off button on the stereo and turned to face the two dancing princesses.


“Princess Krystal. Princess Yoon Ju. We are under attack. We need to get to safety now!” I grabbed all of their hands and teleported us to the room that held the Tree of Life. Suho was already there waiting for us to arrive. The other legends were guarding the room, making sure that no one could get inside.


“Princesses! Are you all okay?” Suho asked and check them. They nodded and Suho let out a sigh of relief.


“Why are you relieved so fast? As a leader, shouldn’t you be worried even more right now?” A deep voice asked. Shivers ran down everyone’s spine. The Warriors were here.


“Show yourself, Yong Guk.” Suho commanded. Yong Guk chuckled and walked out from a corner of the room. The legends had their guards up and watch Yong Guk carefully as he walked around the room freely. I had each of the princesses’ hands somehow. I was also watching our surroundings, making sure that if something does happen then I would be able to teleport us to safety. The other legends can handle the Warriors. It was the princesses we were worried about.


Then I noticed something from the corner of my eye. The object was too fast and I had no time to react. Before I could even see what was coming, the object had already pierced my right arm, near my shoulder. It was so painful, I had to let go of the princesses’ hands. My left hand reached up and touched the object sticking out of my arm. The princesses let out screams of horror. I looked over to the source of pain and found a dagger in my arm. I took a deep breath before pulling the dagger out of my arm. My left hand dropped the dagger and quickly went back to my wound to hold it, trying to stop some blood from coming out. The pain was unbearable. I dropped to my knees and sweat started to appear on my forehead. Scared, the princesses still stuck close to me and was connected to me in someway. Before I could gather enough strength to teleport us out of the room, more daggers was thrown. The legends tried stopping it with their powers, but it was already too late. It had already pierced its targets. Three more bodies had fallen to the floor and was already on the verge of death. All the legends stared in horror as their princesses were laying on the ground with daggers, which had stabbed their chests. They were struggling to breath and were violently coughing out blood. I had turned to see the rest of the Warriors standing there proudly smirking.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“They would’ve been here protecting us. We wouldn’t have gotten out of here. We would’ve been stuck here.” Yoon Ju explained. Then, she pulled out three small vital bottles. Each bottle was a different color: blue, pink, and purple. She passed the bottles to each of them. Blue for Min Jung, pink for Krystal, and purple for her.


“What’s this for?” Krystal asked.


“Think of a place to go to and drink it.” Yoon Ju said. Min Jung and Krystal nodded. They closed their eyes, thinking of Earth and drank the liquid in the bottle. After letting the liquid slide down their throats, they felt this excruciating pain spreading around their body. They stared at the brown haired princess in shock.


“You gave us poison!” Krystal shouted at the girl. She felt disappointed. Why did she trust her? Krystal and Min Jung could only stare at Yoon Ju’s backside. She hadn’t even turn to look at them, while they were dying painfully. Yoon Ju didn’t want to look at them. She just kept glaring at Yong Guk.


“Be....tray.....er.....” Min Jung managed to say before her body hit the ground, signaling that she had left this world. Her last word had hit Yoon Ju like a knife. It hurt to hear that coming out of . But it was better for Yoon Ju to have “betrayed” her than to leave her in the hands of Yong Guk and the Warriors. Who knows what they could’ve done? They could have brought them back to their planet as SLAVES!


It surprised the Warriors to see the two princesses fall dead because of their most trusted friend. It angered Yong Guk to know that Yoon Ju might’ve known all of his plans. Yoon Ju smirked in victory as she saw Yong Guk boil in anger. She held up her purple vital bottle, as if she was taunting them to come take it from her. Of course, Yong Guk was so angry, that he would try to keep her alive so he could torture her. Yong Guk raised his hand and waved it, telling the Warriors to go after her and get the vital bottle away from her. Yoon Ju quickly popped of the cork and brought it to her lips. She quickly drank the liquid and dropped down to the floor because of the intense amount of pain she felt. Himchan stared in shock at her. Yoon Ju smirked before taking her last breath and leaving this world.