Meeting the parents (part 1)

Babysitting with the Stars

Sunggyu waltzed—yes waltzed into the kitchen that morning, feeling rather cheerful and exuberant. The reason behind his high spirited nature, followed behind him, just as jolly.

“Hyung~.” Woohyun hummed, clutching onto Sunggyu’s hand. Sunggyu proceeded to wrap his arms around Woohyun and hug him tightly. They were both gazing into each other’s eyes and giggling like a couple in love…which they were.

The reason they were acting more greasy than usual, was because they were currently in the afterglow of their relationship. Since fighting and making up, it was almost as if they were restarting their relationship anew and were back in the honeymoon phase. “I love you Gyu~” Woohyun whispered before kissing Sunggyu’s cheek.

“Aigoo, my cute Hyunnie~.” Sunggyu snuggled closer to his boyfriend.

“Let’s go back into bed.” Woohyun beamed, as he buried his nose into Sunggyu’s neck. “I want to cuddle some more.”

“I wish we could.” Sunggyu sighed, as he Woohyun’s head. “But my manager kept calling all morning. It must be something important, so I should probably check on that.”

“Can’t you do that later?” Woohyun cupped Sunggyu’s cheeks. Sunggyu spotted the slightly reddened mark on Woohyun’s wrist, and immediately grabbed his hand.

“Yah…are you ok?” Sunggyu eyed his wrists worriedly. “I knew we shouldn’t have used those handcuffs.”

“It’s fine. It’s just a slight mark~” Woohyun leaned in, wearing a naughty smirk. “Besides I liked it. Hyung’s too gentle though.”

Sunggyu pouted. “Well sorry, that I don’t enjoy hurting you.”

“But that just makes me love you more hyung.” Woohyun smiled and kissed Sunggyu softly on the lips, causing the latter to smile as well.

Suddenly Hyun Su walked in, and they quickly broke apart.

“O-Oh you’re awake Hyun Su—.”

“I know what appas were doing.” Hyun Su sighed and crawled up to his chair at the kitchen table.

“What’re you talking about?” Sunggyu grinned, as Woohyun poured some cereal for the youngster.

“Appas were kissing.” Hyun Su stated, calmly. Woohyun almost spilled the milk he was pouring into Hyun Su’s bowl, while Sunggyu merely blinked.

“N-No we weren’t—.”

“Ilhoon’s umma and appa kiss too. That’s what he told me.” Hyun Su explained, as he munched on his cereal.

“Who’s Ilhoon?” Sunggyu asked Woohyun.

“He’s one of the kids at Hyun Su’s daycare.” Woohyun replied, and then turned to the child. “But Hyun Su, that’s different. Gyu appa and I aren’t an umma and appa.”

“No, but you’re Gyu appa and gross ahjussi.” Hyun Su pouted. “That’s why it’s the same.”

“You…you really think that?”

“Is it bad?” Hyun Su asked, with an innocent expression.

“No, it isn’t.” Woohyun smiled and sat down next to the six-year-old. “It’s actually really good. You know I wish more people thought like that.”

“I’m just ahead of my time.” Hyun Su shrugged, with a haughty expression, earning laughs from both Sunggyu and Woohyun.

However, they all stopped when they heard the front door open and in came Minjung.

“Oh you guys are in here?” She stepped into the kitchen, sporting pink jeans and holding a rather large blue tote bag.

“Minjung noona?” Woohyun blinked. “What’re you doing here?”

“Yah, aren’t you guys getting ready? We have to leave soon.”

“Leave?” Sunggyu asked. “To where?”

“Are you joking? Didn’t your managers call you last night?”

“Last night…?” Woohyun and Sunggyu exchanged embarrassed glances.

“Don’t tell me you erts couldn’t keep it in your pants for one god damn night—!” Sunggyu immediately clamped his palms over Hyun Su’s ears. “Yah! Don’t talk like that in front of the kid!”

“Well you were the ones who were doing it with the kid in the next room—!”

“Oh, like you’re one to talk!” Woohyun pointed an accusatory finger at the girl. “The only reason you wanted your own place was so that you could bang that coordi- noona whenever you want to!”

Minjung gasped, putting a hand to her lips, clearly offended. “T-That’s not completely true!”

“Oh so its even half true?” Woohyun snorted.

“Can you guys not talk about this stuff in front of a child?” Sunggyu sighed.

“I would, but the ‘child’ is the one who started it.” Minjung folded her arms, with a blasé expression.

“I’m not talking about Woohyun.” Sunggyu rolled his eyes, and gestured to Hyun Su. “I’m talking about the very small child sitting right here.”

“Oh, right…him.” Minjung averted her gaze.

“Hyun Su-yah, go brush your teeth ok?” Sunggyu instructed, and Hyun Su nodded obediently, before scurrying off, out of the kitchen.

“And I’m not a child.” Woohyun huffed.

Minjung smirked at Sunggyu momentarily—who was sending her a warning look— before turning to Woohyun. “Prove it.”

“I hate you.” Sunggyu shot Minjung a glare, before Woohyun grabbed his , and practically shoved him down onto the kitchen table.

“Yah,” Sunggyu sighed, as his back was pressed to the square table’s surface. “Don’t do this right now—.” But obviously Woohyun was not paying attention in the least, and began kissing Sunggyu like there was no tomorrow.

Oh well…” Sunggyu thought. “Could be worse.” And proceeded to wrap his arms around Woohyun’s neck.

“Ok, ok!” Minjung pounded her fist on the edge of the table, thoroughly disgusted. “I get it! Now will you cut it out?!”

Woohyun, feeling satisfied, got off Sunggyu, but was stopped when the elder grabbed the collar of his shirt and pressed their lips together once more. Sunggyu then hopped off the table, and turned to Minjung.

“Now, what were you doing here again?”

Minjung sighed. “Well your managers are coming to pick us up and take us to meet your parents.” Minjung told Sunggyu.

“What?” Sunggyu blinked. “My parents? Why?”

“Its part of this meeting each other’s parents special or something like that...anyways they’re going to be here in twenty minutes.”

“What?!” Woohyun gasped. “How am I supposed to get ready in twenty minutes?”

“Well it was your own fault for wasting time each other’s faces!”

++

“So you guys must be excited that the CEO agreed to the duet.” Sang Hyun commented, as he drove them along in the black van. They were going to meet up with Sunggyu’s parents at a hotel by the beach, so they were in for a long trip.

“He did?” Woohyun blinked, and turned to Sunggyu who was sitting in the front seat.

“Hyung.” Sunggyu frowned at his manger. “I wanted to tell him myself. But yeah…” Sunggyu turned to Woohyun. “Its been green lit. And I’ve already started working on the lyrics and melody with the producers.”

“Really?” Woohyun smiled happily. “What about me? Can I help?”

“Sure. We can work on it together.” Sunggyu nodded, sending the other a small smile.

“Geez you two…you should really stop acting so much like a couple.” Sang Hyun snickered, while Minjung snorted in the back. “People might get the wrong idea.”

“W-What’re you talking about?” Woohyun attempted to laugh it off.

“I’m just saying.” Sang Hyun shrugged. “You might not want to sing a love song for your duet.”

++

It had been over half an hour, and Hyun Su had already fallen asleep, leaning his little head on Woohyun’s arm. Sunggyu also appeared to have fallen asleep. Woohyun, feeling very bored, reached into his pocket for his phone, only to find it was gone.

“Looking for this?” Minjung piped up from the seat behind, causing Woohyun to turn.

“My phone?” Woohyun blinked. “When’d you…?”

Minjung smirked and showed him what she had been looking at on his phone. It was his contacts.

“I can’t believe you call him that.” She grinned, referring to how Woohyun had labeled Sunggyu: Cuddly Gyubear <3

Woohyun smiled proudly as he took his phone back. “Yeah isn’t it great? It used to be Gyu hyung, but I just changed it to that.”

“Yeah…you really should change it back.” Minjung replied, dryly, and then proceeded to send Woohyun a text.

To Bottom in denial:

So Sunggyu oppa seems pretty happy these days. You must be getting it up the a lot.

Woohyun frowned, and shot the girl a glare, before focusing his attention back on his phone screen.

To Lesbian noona:

Excuse you. But I’m a top for life =_=

Minjung snorted.

To Bottom in denial:

Keep telling yourself that.

To Lesbian noona:

It’s none of your business anyways =_=

To Bottom in denial:

Whatever and stop using that stupid jjikjjik

To Lesbian noona:

Never =_=

To Woohyunnie, Minjung:

Stop texting you idiots. I’m trying to sleep.

Woohyun and Minjung immediately looked to the front seat, as Sunggyu turned to them. He shot them a warning look, while holding his phone up.

All they could think was one thing.

“Ah…so his eyes were open.”

++

As they got closer to Sunggyu’s home Woohyun started to feel extremely nervous at the idea of meeting Sunggyu’s parents. What if they didn’t like him? What if he did or said something stupid and made himself look bad?

Its not like it even matters…hyung’s parents…” Woohyun thought, as he gazed out the window. “They’ll never know about me…about us.”

He eventually drifted off to sleep, with such thoughts plaguing his mind.

Later on, he was awoken, by a car door slam, and immediately sat up to see that they had just arrived. He stepped out of the car, and instantly inhaled a nose full of salty air.

Sunggyu was standing by the open car door, yawning, and stretching his arms.

“What was the point of coming all the way here?” He sighed.

“They said it was for the sake of the scenery or something like that…” Sang Hyun shrugged, as he pulled his jacket on. It was the beginning of spring, but the weather was still quite chilly, especially with the fresh ocean breeze.  

“Director-nim.” Woohyun greeted, as they saw the older man, bundled up in a cozy looking charcoal sweater, approaching them.

“Hey, you guys made it.” The director nodded. “Well, Sunggyu’s parents are already waiting at the hotel.”

++

“Eomeoni this is—.”

“Oh I know who he is!” Sunggyu’s mother chirped excitedly, clasping her hands together as she shot Woohyun a bright smile. It was clear that she had gotten her hair done up for the occasion, and even attempted some make up. Woohyun noticed she had the same small eyes as Sunggyu, and also shared his love for eyeliner. “Nice to finally meet you Woohyun-ah!” Mrs. Kim proceeded to squeeze the living daylights out of an unsuspecting Woohyun.

“Y-You know me?” Woohyun stammered, choking slightly at the woman’s death grip.

“Of course.” Mrs. Kim finally released him. “I watch you and Sunggyu on TV all the time. Ah and this must be Hyun Su!” She happily scooped up the sleepy six-year-old who stared at her mystified.

“Who are you?” Hyun Su blinked.

“I’m your grandma~” Mrs. Kim pinched Hyun Su’s cheek.

“Halmoni?” Hyun Su’s eyes glowed.

“Aigoo! I just want to eat him up!” Sunggyu’s mother gushed. Woohyun felt slightly confused at the unexpectedly warm welcome. But then he glanced at Sunggyu’s father, a man of average height and weight, wearing a plain brown blazer, with dark grey stubble decorating the lower half of his face. While Sunggyu’s mother was ecstatic and full of life, his father was the opposite. He had on an uninviting frown, and his forehead was crinkled in aggravation. He clearly looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there.

Woohyun figured he should greet the older man, and was about to make a move, when Minjung suddenly stepped forward.

“Abeoji!” Minjung smiled, in what she thought was a cute manner. However, Woohyun thought other wise. Mr. Kim seemed startled and stared at the young girl. “Nice to meet you.” She bowed respectfully. “My name is Minjung~.”

“Oh…” Mr. Kim nodded slowly. “And you and Sunggyu are the ones taking care of the child.”

“Ah…actually.” Minjung glanced at Woohyun. “Its more Sunggyu oppa, and this person right here.” She pulled on Woohyun’s arm and gestured to him.

“V-Very nice to meet you.” Woohyun bowed, not really understanding why he was feeling so nervous. Sunggyu who was standing beside his mother, and patting Hyun Su on the head, glanced in Woohyun’s direction. He smiled slightly, but also felt a little worried that Woohyun seemed so anxious.

Mr. Kim gave Woohyun a snippy once over, before grunting quietly, and muttering something.

“E-Excuse me?” Woohyun blinked, leaning closer. “Sorry could you repeat—.”

“Too much makeup.” Mr. Kim repeated, shooting Woohyun a disapproving leer. Woohyun felt his heart sink. The worst thing for him was when people hated him. Especially people who he desperately wanted to like him.

“Ah...” Woohyun nodded, somberly. “Sorry—.”

“Is this how these city men are now?” Mr. Kim continued, folding his arms. “What happened to the real men—?”

“Abeoji!” Sunggyu interrupted, a serious look in his eyes. “Don’t say that to him.”

Mr. Kim merely snorted, making the atmosphere extremely uncomfortable, as the father and son engaged in an intense staring contest. Everyone stood around in silence for a moment, when the director cleared his throat.

“Uh, well maybe we should just skip the introductions.” He suggested. “For now, lets all head to the beach. Hyun Su is probably excited to play.”

“Yes, that sounds great!” Mrs. Kim cheered, and clutched onto Hyun Su’s hand. “Won’t that be fun Hyun Su-yah?”

 However Hyun Su didn’t hear, and was staring up at Woohyun with a worried look.

“Ahjussi—.”

“It’s ok Hyun Su.” Woohyun put on a smile for the youngster’s sake. But Hyun Su could see right through it and still pouted, his little eyebrows furrowing, as Mrs. Kim and Minjung dragged him out of the hotel’s lobby.

“I’m sorry.” Sunggyu waited for the others to walk ahead before turning to Woohyun.

“So much for hoping your parents would like me, huh?” Woohyun laughed awkwardly, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

“It’s about me. He’s angry with me, and he’s projecting it on to you.” Sunggyu frowned. “He never got over me leaving for the city to be a singer.”

“Yeah I know.” Woohyun replied, nonchalantly.

“Oh, right.” Sunggyu grinned, affectionately petting Woohyun’s head. “I forgot you were my biggest fan.”

“Were?” Woohyun smiled as well, slinging an arm around Sunggyu’s shoulders. “I still am. I go online everyday to check your fancafe.”

“Seriously?” Sunggyu chuckled, as they strayed behind the rest of the group a little, walking slowly.

“Well I don’t get time to check it everyday lately, but—.”

“Yah, you don’t check it everyday and you still have the audacity to call yourself my biggest fan?” Sunggyu joked. “That other kid…what was his name? Jinyoung…he’s going to beat you out for Kim Sunggyu’s biggest fan, you know?”

“Well fine then. He can have the title.” Woohyun grinned. “Besides, I have something better.”

++

Sunggyu sat beside his mother on a picnic blanket laid out on the sand, as they watched the other three playing.

“Ahjussi, let’s build a sandcastle!” Hyun Su exclaimed excitedly, as the staff handed them some plastic pails and shovels.

“A sand castle huh?” Woohyun nodded, “Ok, but we also have to build a moat around it to protect it from the water.”

“What’s a moat?” Hyun Su blinked.

“Aigoo, I have a lot to teach you.” Woohyun grabbed the child’s hand and guided him to a spot in the sand.

“Hey, can I help?” Minjung asked, excitedly. Woohyun and Hyun Su paused to look at her. They both gave her a once over before exchanging a skeptical look.

“Should we let her help?” Woohyun asked.

“I don’t want to.” Hyun Su pouted.

“Me neither.” Woohyun chuckled, but then glanced at Sunggyu. “But I think Gyu appa would like it better if we all got along right?” Hyun Su nodded in agreement, and turned to Minjung, reluctantly.

“Fine, you can help.” The six-year-old sighed.

“Yay!” Minjung cheered.

“It looks like you met some nice people.” Mrs. Kim said to Sunggyu, as the three of them observed Woohyun, Minjung and Hyun Su being filmed while playing in the sand.

“Yeah…” Sunggyu smiled, when Woohyun playfully poked Hyun Su’s tummy, causing the child to giggle. “They’re ok.”

“And you know.” Mrs. Kim nudged Sunggyu playfully. “I couldn’t help but notice a special one amongst them~”

“Special?” Sunggyu blinked. “Mom, I don’t—.”

“I’m talking about Minjung~” Mrs. Kim grinned. “Don’t tell me there isn’t something there.”

“There really isn’t.” Sunggyu sighed. “Like you have no idea how impossible that is.”

“Aw why not? She’s pretty and she seems like a sweet and innocent girl.”

Innocent my .” Sunggyu snorted to himself, thinking of how well Minjung seemed to analyze his and Woohyun’s ual relationship. And how she herself was getting it on with another girl in a dressing room. In Sunggyu’s opinion, Woohyun was far more innocent, despite sleeping with a ton of girls and having a past as something of a player. “Yeah, she’s really a pure one.” He replied, sarcastically.

“So then what is it?” Mrs. Kim pressed on. “Is there someone else?”

“I don’t really want to talk about this right now.” Sunggyu averted his gaze. He noticed his father was walking along the shoreline, seemingly spaced out. He stopped putting a hand to his mouth to cover a cough. Sunggyu looked down before turning to his mother again. “How’s dad?”

“Well you know?” Mrs. Kim inspected her cuticles uncomfortably, before smiling up at her son. “He’s the same.” Sunggyu nodded, adjusting his bangs that had begun to blow out of place from the wind. “But Sunggyu…he’s really proud of you. You know that right?”

“I guess…” Sunggyu murmured.

“He always watches your show when it comes on.” Mrs. Kim continued.

Sunggyu looked up, surprised. “He does?”

“Of course.” Mrs. Kim smiled. “We watch it together all the time. It’s really sweet how it’s like a little family with you, Hyun Su, and Woohyun.”

“Yeah, it really is.” Sunggyu smiled fondly, his finger forming a circle in the sand.

“But it’s a little unfortunate they couldn’t pair you up with a girl, then you could date her.” Mrs. Kim frowned slightly. “I mean I adore Woohyun. He seems like such a sweetie, but…don’t you think it’s a little weird? Two men taking care of a child? Especially when all the other pairs are normal ones—.”

“So?” Sunggyu interrupted. “What’s wrong with that? I think we’re doing a pretty good job with Hyun Su and—.” His words were cut off, when Woohyun’s head landed a few inches from Sunggyu’s feet. Hyun Su had been chasing him and he had tripped and fallen on his stomach.

“Are you ok?” Sunggyu immediately leaned forward.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Woohyun grinned, adjusting his hair, before turning to Mrs. Kim. “Ah, sorry about that—.”

“No, its fine.” Mrs. Kim smiled. “Just as long as you’re ok.”

“Dummy, be careful.” Sunggyu sighed and gently dusted some sand out of Woohyun’s hair.

“I’m fine, really.” Woohyun smiled, but then awkwardly pulled away, when he noticed the cameras approaching them. Sunggyu reluctantly retracted his hand as well.

++

After playing around at the beach, they had worked up an appetite, and headed to a nearby family restaurant, to refuel. They all sat at the table, studying their menus. Hyun Su sat in between Sunggyu and Woohyun on one side, and Mrs. Kim sat in between Minjung and Mr. Kim across from them. Woohyun inwardly cursed, realizing he was sitting across from Mr. Kim. But he quickly shook away the negativity, attempting to start anew with the older man. Mr. Kim looked up at Woohyun, when he felt someone watching him.

“What?” He frowned.

“I-I just…what…what are you thinking of getting?” Woohyun asked with a polite smile.

“I don’t know. I barely got to look through the menu before you interrupted me.” Mr. Kim retorted, returning his gaze to his menu.

“Ah, sorry!” Woohyun bowed, accidentally knocking his knee on the underside of the table. He winced slightly, and stared down dejectedly at the menu in front of him.

“Are you ok ahjussi?” Hyun Su patted Woohyun’s knee under the table.

“Yeah, thanks Hyun Su.” Woohyun smiled half-heartedly.

Sunggyu observed the scene, and bit his lip in frustration. This was like when Woohyun was trying to win over Hyun Su all over again. He really wanted to tell Woohyun that he didn’t have to try so hard.

“Who cares if one person doesn’t like you?” Sunggyu watched Woohyun from the corner of his eye. But he knew this wasn’t like with Hyun Su because this time, Sunggyu could do something about it.

“You know Woohyun is currently acting in a cable drama.” Sunggyu piped up. Woohyun frantically shot Sunggyu a confused stare, as if asking ‘What are you trying to do?’

“Oh is that so?” Mrs. Kim smiled. “That’s great!”

Woohyun felt slightly embarrassed, as all eyes on the table were on him. “Ah, w-well yeah, I—.”

“What about you, Minjung?” Mrs. Kim interrupted, turning to the girl beside her. “What kinds of things are you involved in?”

“Me?” Minjung blinked, clearly distracted by all the delicious food in the menu. “Uh, well I’m not like Woohyun. I’m still a newbie. But I did get some modeling offers…”

Minjung continued to talk about her current jobs, and such, while Woohyun looked down at his menu awkwardly nodding along.

Right…” He told himself. “Why would they care about me anyways? I’m just some random guy to them…”

Sunggyu sighed. His plan to make his parents take notice of Woohyun had failed. And Woohyun looked just as depressed as before.

Sunggyu pulled out his phone, and looked up at the others, before clearing his throat.

“Ah! I can’t believe this.” He announced, garnering everyone at the table’s attention.

“What’s wrong Sunggyu?” Mrs. Kim frowned. “Is everything ok?”

“Actually…this is something having to do with the apartment we’re staying at.” Sunggyu explained, and then stood up, nudging Woohyun. “We have to go settle this. We’ll be right back—.”

“What happened?” Minjung asked, with a concerned look. “I can talk to my dad if—.”

“No! You stay.” Sunggyu ordered, and then pulled Woohyun along. “It’s not a big deal. We’ll take care of this. Hyun Su, stay here with Minjung and grandma and grandpa ok?”

Hyun nodded obediently and took a sip of his juice.

++

“Hyung, what happened?” Woohyun asked as they entered the bathroom. Sunggyu was checking under the stalls to make sure they were alone. “What happened with the apartment—?”

“Nothing happened.” Sunggyu sighed, and turned to Woohyun.

“Then why did you—?”

“Because you’re being dumb.” Sunggyu suddenly pulled the other into a hug.

“What?” Woohyun blinked, remaining confused as Sunggyu released him.

“You don’t have to get so upset, because of what my dad’s saying.” Sunggyu rested his hands on Woohyun’s shoulders. “He’s like that with everyone.”

“Yeah, but I just…”

“What?”

“Well…” Woohyun folded his arms. “Is it just my imagination, or does your mother seem to like Minjung a lot.”

“It’s not.” Sunggyu rubbed the back of his neck. “At the beach, she even asked if I was dating her.”

“Well see?” Woohyun pouted. “Its stuff like that…it really bothers me.”

“It bothers me too…but what can we do about it?”

“Well…” Woohyun slipped his arms around Sunggyu’s waist. “You could…tell them.”

“Yah, do you really think I could?” Sunggyu frowned. “Have you seen them? They’ll…they’ll probably think it’s a joke or something.”

“I guess you’re right.” Woohyun let his arms slip away from Sunggyu. “This .”

“I’m sorry Woohyunnie.” Sunggyu the younger man’s cheek. “I really want to tell them, but…”

“I know.” Woohyun smiled. “It’s ok. One day, we’ll be able to tell everyone. And then I’ll yell it everywhere I go. That you’re mine.”

“Yeah…” Sunggyu nodded, chuckling softly. “I hope a day like that comes…”

“Hyung,” Woohyun leaned closer and gave Sunggyu a soft kiss on the lips. “I know that day will come.”

-----------------------------------------------

I barfed writing the beginning part. Legit throw up guys. But I'm not even sorry.