Moving in (part 2)

Babysitting with the Stars

Sunggyu had another schedule, and Hyun Su was set to be dropped off after dinner, so Woohyun was alone in the apartment until then.

He put his suitcase in the bedroom, and looked around. He wandered into the master bathroom. It kept the same soft neutral hues as the bedroom, and there was a huge tub to one side. He sat on the edge of the porcelain tub and suddenly had the urge to take a nice hot bubble bath. Back at his place, they only had a normal shower-tub combination—it was nothing like this. This tub could fit more than one person for sure.

I guess it’s meant for couples…” Woohyun figured noticing the double sinks, and the his and her towels hanging on the towel rack. “I mean it’s not like hyung would want to take a bath with me anyways—n-not that I’d want to with him!”

Woohyun shook his head of such thoughts and returned to the bedroom, collapsing on the bed. He wondered how the heck he was going to sleep, with Sunggyu right there beside him. He laid his head on the pillow and turned to his side, imagining what it would be like if Sunggyu was beside him. He grabbed a pillow and set it beside him. “If this was Gyu hyung…” He faced the pillow, and studied it for a moment.

“Hyung…” He whispered, reaching out and caressing the pillow, and then sat up immediately. “W-What the hell am I doing?” He sighed, and started hitting his head with the pillow, before collapsing backwards, rolling around on the bed in frustration.

After throwing a fit, he worked up quite an appetite, and headed for the kitchen. He scanned the fridge which was only supplied with the basic necessities. Woohyun figured Sunggyu would be hungry when he got home, so he decided to make him something.

++

When Sunggyu arrive at the apartment, it was about ten at night. He took off his shoes at the entrance way, and headed for the living room, since the lights were on in there.

“…Hello?” He called out. He noticed Woohyun lying on the couch, fast asleep. Sunggyu sat down beside him and tapped him on the shoulder.

“Woohyun-ah…wake up.” Sunggyu nudged him gently.

“Not now Dongwoo…” Woohyun mumbled sleepily.

Sunggyu frowned. “Ya, I’m not—!”

“I’ll make you food later Sungyeol-yah...” Woohyun whined and waved his hand in a dismissive fashion, while still semi conscious.

“I’m not Dongwoo or Sungyeol! Wake up!” Sunggyu shook him much more violently.

“…Huh?” Woohyun sat up and rubbed his eyes. “Oh hyung, when’d you get back?”

Sunggyu pouted and folded his arms, then got up and made his way to the kitchen.

“Are you hungry?” Woohyun followed him. “Because I made some dinner.”

“Really?” Sunggyu’s expression brightened in an instant.

++

They sat down at the dining table, after Woohyun brought out the food. Sunggyu eyed the side dishes hungrily.

Woohyun grinned. “It’s not much, but...”

“This looks really good.” Sunggyu smiled gratefully. “Thanks…Woohyunnie.”

Woohyun choked on his water and started coughing loudly, causing Sunggyu to blush from embarrassment.

“A-Am I not allowed to call you that?” Sunggyu frowned.

“N-No it’s not that! I-Its just…w-why?” Woohyun stammered.

“I just thought if I called you that, then you’d recognize who’s talking to you.”

“I always recognize your voice hyung!” Woohyun exclaimed.

“Well before you didn’t!” Sunggyu retorted. “You thought I was Dongwoo and Sungyeol!”

“Ah that’s because I’m used to them calling me like that. Dongwoo’s always like ‘Woohyun-ah, wakey wakey~.’ And Sungyeol’s usually just like ‘Ya, wake up and make me food!’ So that’s why I thought that…”

“So does that mean I can’t call you that?”

“Y-You can!” Woohyun replied almost immediately, and grabbed onto Sunggyu’s hand in the heat of the moment. “You can call me whatever you want hyung! But…just be careful because it might cause me to die from happiness.”

“Well I don’t want you to die.” Sunggyu chuckled. “But…I do want to make you happy.”

Woohyun froze when he felt Sunggyu’s cold fingers intertwine with his own.

“M-Me too!” He blurted out. “I-I want to make you happy too hyung!”

Sunggyu looked down and smiled shyly. “You already do.”

Woohyun blushed and quickly detached his hand from Sunggyu’s, and instead folded his hands together on his lap. “W-We should eat….the food’s getting cold.”

“You didn’t eat dinner yet?” Sunggyu asked.

“I was waiting so we could eat together.” Woohyun answered.

“You didn’t have to do that.” Sunggyu sent him a worried look.

“I know.” Woohyun grinned. “But I wanted to.” He still remembered how Sunggyu had said he didn’t have anyone to eat with and was tired of always eating alone. Therefore, Woohyun made it his goal to never let Sunggyu feel that loneliness anymore, at least while they were living together.

++

It was already midnight, and Hyun Su hadn’t arrived yet. Sunggyu and Woohyun were sitting on the couch in the living room, watching TV, though they were starting to get a little concerned.

“Maybe we should call the orphanage?” Woohyun suggested. Sunggyu was about to agree, when Woohyun’s phone started to ring.

“Hello?” He answered. “Man Suk hyung?”

“Sorry I’m calling you so late, but we just got news, that Hyun Su can’t stay over with you guys.”

“What?” Woohyun frowned, and turned to Sunggyu. He put the phone on speaker, so they both could hear. “Why can’t he stay?”

“Apparently the social worker wants to put you through an exam first to see if you’re suitable to care for a child.”

“An exam?”

“Basically, it’s to say that you’re qualified to care for Hyun Su, and you won’t, you know, poison him or anything.”

“Ok, but if we pass that, he can stay with us?” Sunggyu asked.

“Everything should be fine after that. Anyways, you’ll have a couple of days to study. I’ll email you the study packet.”

“What? Study packet? I thought this was just going to be a simple test.” Woohyun frowned.

“But does that mean we still have to stay in the apartment, even though Hyun Su isn’t here?” Sunggyu asked.

“The producers said they can use the footage of the two of you for the next few days, as bonus footage, that’ll be put on the website and the youtube page.”

“Wait but—.”

“Apparently the fans are demanding it.” Man Suk sighed. “Well congrats Woohyun, you have fans.”

“R-Really?!” Woohyun practically squealed.

“Well they’re fans of the two of you as a pairing, but it’s all the same thing anyways.”

Woohyun pouted. “No it isn’t.”

“Yeah…well good luck. See you tomorrow!”

“Wait, but—.” Woohyun tried to speak, but Man Suk had already hung up. “I can’t believe they’re making us take a test.” Woohyun groaned.

“Well if you think about it, it makes sense.” Sunggyu replied. “I mean it would be kind of bad if they just dropped off a six-year-old to stay alone with two grown men who he barely knows. One of which has had less than pleasant rumors surrounding him”

“I guess…” Woohyun nodded.

“Anyways, since Hyun Su isn’t coming, we should go to bed.” Sunggyu decided, and got up off the couch. Woohyun got up as well, nodding in agreement.

“Yeah we—.” He stopped in his tracks, when he realized what bed meant.

Sleeping with Sunggyu.

“Uh…” He paused. “I can just sleep in Hyun Su’s bed, since he’s not here anyways.”

“What? You don’t want to sleep with me?”

Woohyun’s eyes went wide. “I-It’s not like that! I just thought—!”

“Relax I’m just kidding.” Sunggyu grinned. “I think that sounds good.”

“Wait…” Woohyun crossed his arms. “That’s it?”

“Hm?”

“You’re just going to make me sleep in that dinky kid’s bed, while you get the big bed all to yourself?”

“You’re the one who offered.” Sunggyu shrugged. “And besides, I don’t want to sleep in that tiny bed. It looks uncomfortable.”

“So it’s fine if I sleep in it?” Woohyun pointed an accusatory finger at him. “I guess I’m seeing your true colors now hyung. This is how you really are.”

“Ya.” Sunggyu swatted Woohyun’s finger away. “Don’t point at me. And why are you making such a big deal about it when you’re the one who suggested it in the first place?”

“Yeah, but you could have at least protested a bit!” Woohyun pouted. “Don’t you even care if your adorable, lovable best friend will be uncomfortable?”

“Adorable, lovable, best friend?” Sunggyu snorted. “You’re not talking about yourself are you?”

Woohyun blushed. “S-So what if I am?!”

“Look,” Sunggyu began. “If you want, we could just share—.”

“I know how we can settle this!” Woohyun announced and disappeared down the hallway. Sunggyu sighed and sunk back down onto the couch, when Woohyun came back with a stack of assorted board games.

“Where’d you get those?” Sunggyu asked, as Woohyun dumped the boxes onto the floor.

“I found them in the closet. I guess the staff put them there, so we could play with Hyun Su.” Woohyun answered. “Anyways…we’ll play one of these games, and the winner gets the big bed!”

“Woohyun…” Sunggyu sighed. “I already said that I don’t mind if we share—.”

“First match!” Woohyun interrupted, clearly fired up. “Jenga!”

Sunggyu watched as Woohyun assembled the rectangular block pieces into a tower.

“Ok you go first hyung!”

Sunggyu sent Woohyun a dry look, before kneeling down beside the tower. He easily took out a block from the bottom of the tower and placed it on the top.

“Done…”

“Well,” Woohyun gave the tower a disapproving look. “It’s just the beginning so it wasn’t that impressive—.”

“Hurry up, you only have ten seconds.” Sunggyu interrupted.

“What?!” Woohyun gasped. “When was that a rule?”

“Four, three, two, one—.”

“Wait—!”

“Times up. You lose.” Sunggyu announced and started to get up.

“Wait!” Woohyun grabbed his wrist. “That’s not fair! I didn’t know that was a rule. That doesn’t count! It’s still my turn!”

“Fine.” Sunggyu grabbed Woohyun’s hand and shoved it into the tower, causing it to collapse. “Aw you broke it. You lost. Good night.”

“That was your fault hyung.” Woohyun pouted.

“Fine, it was my fault. I lost. You can have the big bed—.”

“That doesn’t count! New game!” Woohyun decided. “Hungry Hippos!”

“Seriously?” Sunggyu groaned. “I’m not playing that game! It’s too loud and it’s late.”

“Fine…ants in the pants!” Woohyun got out the blue plastic overalls and the little plastic ants. He took the red ones for himself and gave Sunggyu the blue ones.

“How do you even play this?” Sunggyu sighed.

“Just flick the ants into the pants! The one that gets all their ants in first wins!” Woohyun instructed. “Ok, ready set go!” He hurriedly attempted to flick one of his red ants into the pants, but ended up flicking it straight upwards and hitting his own forehead.

“Owwie…” He whined and clutched his head.

“Are you ok?” Sunggyu asked, abandoning his ants to check if Woohyun was ok.

“Who cares about me?! Just finish it!” Woohyun exclaimed dramatically, as he lay flat on the floor. “Finish me off! I’m on the edge hyung! Stab me one final time so I can die already!”

“You are taking this way too seriously.” Sunggyu rolled his eyes.

“We’ll call this one a tie.” Woohyun sat up.

“Great, now let’s go to bed—.”

“Not yet~” Woohyun wagged a finger right in front of Sunggyu’s face. “We have to finish this. Tie breaker!”

 “This is the last one, or I swear to god—.”

“Yes this is the finale!” Woohyun grabbed the box and held it up for Sunggyu to see. “Twister!”

“That’s the one where you have to put your hands and feet on the colored circles right?” Sunggyu asked. “Wait…but don’t we need another person to spin the dial?”

“Nah, we can do it ourselves.” Woohyun waved him off, as he spread the mat smoothly across the floor. “Ok, let’s start.”

After a few relatively uneventful turns, Woohyun was starting to feel tired, when he noticed Sunggyu yawning sleepily.

“Hyung…” Woohyun sighed. “I’m tired.”

“Then let’s end this stupid game already.” Sunggyu grumbled as he rolled off the twister mat, giving up on the game.

“But we haven’t decided who’s getting the big bed.”

“I already told you…we can just share. I’m pretty sure I don’t snore, and I don’t move around that much in my sleep, so I won’t disturb your sleep, if that’s what you’re concerned about.” Sunggyu said.

Woohyun gave in and followed Sunggyu to the bedroom. He figured he had nothing to be embarrassed about anyways, since they were just two platonic buddies sharing a bed.

At least that’s what he thought.

But he was dead wrong because the moment Sunggyu turned off the light the atmosphere became all kinds of awkward...well at least for Woohyun. He faced the wall, when he felt the mattress shift, as Sunggyu adjusted himself into a comfortable position.

Woohyun stared in front of him, waiting for his eyes to adjust to the dark. He could hear Sunggyu breathing softly behind him and figured he was already asleep. Woohyun wished he could fall asleep that easily, but he couldn’t stop his heart from beating out of his chest.

No matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t see Sunggyu as a friend just yet. Sure he had gotten more comfortable with the singer, and managed to view him as more of an ordinary person and less of a celebrity.

But he still found that the way he felt when he was with Sunggyu was completely different than when he was with his other friends. He wondered if it was because Sunggyu was different in personality to Dongwoo and Sungyeol.

That’s probably it…” He figured, but then another question entered his mind.

Why does he get so damn flustered every time Sunggyu so much as smiles at him? He turned over, still pondering this, when he noticed Sunggyu lying on his back, eyes closed, fast asleep.

Woohyun sighed, as he studied the sleeping face of the older. The way his chest moved a little after every breath. Woohyun scooted closer to Sunggyu, finding the sound of Sunggyu’s gentle breathing relaxing. He noticed Sunggyu’s lips were parted slightly, and his eyelashes fluttered. Woohyun gently reached out, wanting desperately to find out if Sunggyu’s skin was really as soft as it looked. But he immediately retracted his hand, when Sunggyu stirred slightly, and rolled over, facing the other way. Woohyun gulped, his heart beating a mile a minute. He hastily turned over, and squeezed his eyes shut, hoping to get at least one wink of sleep before the night was over.

-----------------------------------------------

I had to rewrite this chapter two times…Why is it so hard to have a game of twister not turn into a erted awkward scenario?