Nerve-racking waiting

Save Me from my Personal Hell

A/N: (miyocca) Hello everybody, so sorry for the "long" wait >_ < we were busy with school and everything... T.T 

But we are here now, ready to show you a new, wonderful chappie! :P I was extremely happy when I saw that this story has 80 subbers *-* I'm a newbie in writing fanfictions in English so that is my most succesful fanfic and I ♥ it. The thing that I make it with Katakatica makes the whole thing better *-* Okay, about the chapter: ummm... I'm not satisfied with "my" POV. Jongie is too... dramatic xD And the whole POV screamed 'ohmygosh, it's too cheesy!' Please forgive me but I think it's cute when Jongie thinks that 'angel' things about Kibummie :/ ♥ 

Anway, I listened Jonghyun's song: So Goodbye while I wrote it, feel free to listen it too, I don't say it fits perfectly with this chappie, just... it's good to listen Jongie's amazing voice :P 

I hope you will enjoy this chappie and please comment a lot, the comments make us feel special and loved ^^

Katakatica: Hi guys :D It's not cheesy but sweet *rolls her eyes* I know cause I've read it already :P I don't really know what to say, so as miyocca said comment and sub please, cause yeah... they really make us feel loved *close to sleep*


 

Jonghyun's POV

I ran as fast as I could but when I heard his heartbreaking, painful scream, I knew I was late. !

I cursed myself for being careless for a moment.

~

I tried to be gentle, I held his tiny frame in my arms as if I embraced a fragile angel. I was desperate and nervous like hell when he let out a quiet whimper.

I started to walk in the direction of the orphanage (at least I thought), taking my steps delicately to reduce the pain for him. It seemed to work, because his eyes fluttered close and his breathing was steady. I almost started to calm down but then I felt his warm blood on my skin. There was a small cut on his angelic face and many bruises on his arms and legs, but it didn't stop me from thinking he was the most beautiful creature I've ever seen.

' I'm sorry...' I mumbled, my voice choked because of the guilt that burned in my chest. ' I'm sorry for not arriving sooner. I had to take care of my motor. I'm sorry, Kibum...'

He slowly opened his eyes and I just wanted to cry and embrace him forever as I saw the resignation in them.

' It's not your fault. D-destiny is destiny.'

I almost said 'But I could have prevented it from happening if...' but I rather remained silent. He seemed exhausted and I didn't want to bother him with my stupid 'what if' thoughts. What's done is done. My task was to ease his pain and heal him. Heal his wounds and his soul too.

His body suddenly flinched and he raised his hand to his chest, gripping the thin material of his dirty hoodie.

' J-jong...' His whole face screamed panic and his breaths came out shortly, forcedly.

'What's wrong? Kibum, what happened?' I stopped, tightening my gentle grip on his shaking body.

' I c-can't breath... it's ha-hard...' He coughed and I didn't think once about what I should do.

My lips quickly found his soft ones, blowing the lifesaving air into them and I felt relieved as he breathed on his own after some minutes.

I didn't know what was the problem. Maybe his ribs were broken and they made the breathing harder?

' T-thanks.' His voice became alarmingly weak and he slowly closed his eyes. 'I'm sleepy... very, very sleepy...'

' Oi, Kibum! Please don't sleep now, what if you'll have another attack?'

' I can't help, I can't keep my eyes open... tiring...'

Before I could have done anything, he lost his consciousness. !

' What should I do? What should I do? Jonghyun, think! I absolutely don't know where is that damn orphanage...' I didn't realize that I said it out loud. ' Our home is near. Surely Onew is at home, he will know what to do.'

~

'Holy chickens above us, Jonghyun, what happened?' His eyes widened after he let us in the house (because I couldn't use my keys nor the doorknob. My arms were full of Kibum.).

'Long story, he is Kibum and I realized today that he's my classmate. Some jerk beat him up and he refused to go to the hospital so I brought him here. He lost his consciousness on the way and I tried everything but he didn't wake up!' I said rapidly with one breath while I laid Kibum's slim body on our big couch.

'He doesn't look too good to tell the truth.' Onew studied to be a doctor and I was very grateful for his choice. 'His pulse is weak, but steady. It seems some of his ribs broken and fractured, that's why he can't breath properly.' He sighed, caressing the boy's pale face. 'Why didn't you call the ambulance?'

' He said that he wants to go back to the orphanage. And I don't know where is it, he lost his consciousness so the only possibility was to bring him here.'

'We should call a real doctor or something, when he wakes up, his rib injuries seem serious, he got a big kick.'

' He looks so fragile. How could somebody hurt him?' I felt the angry tears gathering in my eyes and my hands clenched into fists. I wanted nothing but find the 'Gangsta' gang and beat the out of them.

'Life is not fair or merciful.' He patted my shoulder in a reassuring way.'Bring water and a towel, please. We should clean his wounds.'

I was sure that the waiting until he woke up was going to be hell for me.   

 

Kibum's P.O.V.

 

After Jonghyun saved me, everything was a blur. My only clear memory is that it hurt much more than I thought it could. It was strange that someone seemed to care about me though. No one ever tried to save me, but he did. He was so gently as he carried me to wherever. Of course, I had to go back to the orphanage, but I just couldn't care if he was taking me there or not. 
 
Breathing got harder and harder. And then, it was like I couldn't breath at all. My chest felt tight and black spots started to cloud my vision 'J..jong...'I whispered. By that time, I knew who he was. The only person that seemed to care. Jonghyun. 
 
 For a moment, I felt safe and strangely loved. I told him that I couldn't breath and then,   I  could feel his lips on mine as he breathed into my mouth. Normally, I would have freaked out because of anything like this, but something about him told me that he just wanted to help me. 
 
Luckily, I was able to breath soon. But I was starting to get sleepy... Really, really sleepy... I told him softly, and the last thing I heard was his voice telling me not to fall asleep. 
 
I don't know how long I was unconscious... To be honest, it was much better than when I was awake. Because when I was, everything hurt. I whimpered softly and felt a gentle hand caress my face. 'Sh, it's okay...'the owner of the hand whispered. I recognized his voice, it was Jonghyun. He was the one who saved me. I wasn't sure if I was thankful to him because of that. 
 
I just wanted everything to end finally. But I know that I deserved everything that happened to me. For killing them... I deserved it...
 
I opened my eyes slowly, only to see Jonghyun smile at me sadly. His face seemed to lit up slightly when I opened my eyes. 'Finally you're awake.'he said and touched my cheek gently. I hissed at the slight, stinging pain I felt from his touch. Maybe I had a cut there or something.
 
'You scared me...'he said softly. I looked away. He shouldn't have cared. He should have been like the others.'My brother cleaned and bandaged your cuts, but he said we should call a doctor. It seems like some of your ribs were broken...'he sighed and caressed my hair gently.
 
'I don't need a doctor...'I mumbled. He sighed once again, as if he had expected me to say that. Of course, I refused to go to the hospital before, so it was kind of logical.
 
And that moment was when I realized that I wasn't home. The couch I was lying on was much more comfortable than the one we had at the orphanage. And Jonghyun was there. Which meant that I wasn't at my 'home'. I was going to die. I knew it. Once he found out that I didn't get home in time, he was going to kill me. Or even worse. I wasn't sure if there was anything that was worse was than death, but something told me that there was. And I was going to experience it first-hand.'T...take me to the orphanage...'I whispered weakly. Jonghyun seemed to notice that something wasn't right, but he just shook his head.
 
'I can't, you're hurt.'he answered shortly. I gulped and try to look at him pleadingly. He didn't understand that I had to go back, or... or...
 
Tears started to stream down my cheeks, and I couldn't stop the sobs that escaped my lips. 'Sh...'Jonghyun whispered and wiped my tears away gently. But I couldn't stop crying. I was scared... Really, really scared. Jonghyun tried to calm me down, but I think even he knew that it was useless.
 
'Please, take me back to the orphanage...'I begged him through my tears. He shook his head. I sat up, but screamed when a wave of searing pain had hit me. Jonghyun said something and laid me back gently. I could still feel the pain. It was enough to make my eyes water again...
 
'I can't...'he said.'But I promise that you'll be fine...'he added softly. He was wrong. I was going to be punished. And I wasn't sure if I would survive.