chapter two.

Like A Star (별처럼)

The PD had already planned a seating arrangement for the guest stars. Right now, Taeyeon only wished she wouldn’t be sitting near him.

 

“Taeyeon-ssi, please sit next to Hara-ssi.”

 

“Ne.”

 

Taeyeon could breathe freely. Wooyoung must be the farthest idol sitting next to her.

 

Strong Heart filming was starting. Taeyeon just sat there hoping that Kang Hodong won’t be asking any love-related questions to her.

 

“Wooyoung-ssi!”

 

Wooyoung was surprised by the sudden call. He was staring at the spaced-out Taeyeon when Hodong called him.

 

“Ah ne!”

 

“Are you still with us?”

 

“Ne…”

 

“Since lots of female idols are here right now. Would you mind telling us a girl you admire or, let me get straight to the point, a girl you love?”

 

Taeyeon snapped out of her daydream and turned to look at what would Wooyoung answer.

 

“The girl I love… She’s absolutely beautiful. She’s the cutest thing ever. Her attitude is one of a kind. No other words could describe her. She’s probably the best thing that’s ever happened to me. But it’s just one thing… She doesn’t love me back.”

 

Taeyeon pretended to wipe something in her eye to avoid the people to notice that she was tearing up.

 

“Taeyeon-ssi!”

 

Taeyeon was startled. She thought that maybe Hodong noticed her tearing up.

 

“Ne?”

 

“How about you? Do you have anyone you like or love?”

 

Taeyeon took a quick glance at Wooyoung before she answered:

 

“None.”

 

--

 

SM Entertainment Building.

 

“I think it would be best if you go abroad for a while. We wouldn’t want the media noticing your growing stomach.”

 

The manager told Taeyeon. He knew that Taeyeon was pregnant. Pregnant with 2PM’s Wooyoung’s child.

 

“What about SNSD?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“The other girls will continue with their solo activities while you’re away. And the moment you come back, you and the girls will then go on with group promotions.”

 

Taeyeon carefully thought about her decision. Was she to leave or not to leave? Finally, after minutes of pacing back and forth thinking of what to do, she has decided.

 

“I… will go.”

 

The manager nodded.

 

“I will contact our company agent to settle your flight ticket. You should leave as soon as possible. Perhaps, in two days?”

 

Taeyeon took a deep breath. And she slowly nodded in response.

 

“Better pack all your things and say goodbye to your members now.”

 

Taeyeon bowed down as a sign of leaving as she was heading towards their dorm.

 

--

 

“Taengoo~”

 

Sunny barged in the room, skipping happily towards their leader. But her eyes widened seeing her Dandyu twin packing her stuff up.

 

“Taeyeon-ah… Mwohani?”

 

Taeyeon looked up and gave a weak smile before she stood up and gave her roommate a tight hug.

 

“I need to go.”

 

Her voice was unstable as she was about to cry once more.

 

“W-Wae?” Sunny asked, as she teared up.

 

“Let’s talk about this with the others later, okay?”

 

Taeyeon said as she broke the hug, cupping Soonkyu’s face, and wiping her tears with her thumbs.

 

“Can you help me pack up?”

 

Sunny nodded. She knew this was the last thing she could do for the Kid Leader before she leaves.

 

--

 

The girls have gathered in the living room as Taeyeon told them about her plans of leaving. The girls teared up, continuously stating that they’ll miss their leader.

 

“3 years?”

 

Tiffany asked, wiping her tears. Taeyeon nodded and hugged her.

 

“Don’t worry. I promise to keep in touch with you even though I’m far away.”

 

She tried to smile. But tears kept falling from her eyes.

 

“Unnie, when are you leaving?” Yoona asked her.

 

“In two days…” Taeyeon hesitated. But she knew she needed to.

 

Taeyeon’s answer made the girls cry more. She hugged each one of them before she went back to her room.

 

The next day, Taeyeon planned in going to her home place – Jeonju, to bid her farewells to her family.

 

“Umma, appa, I’ll send you letters okay? I’ll also send you pictures of my baby when it comes out.”

 

She hugged both her parents before she went to her siblings.

 

“Oppa!”

 

She playfully smacked her brother on the back.

 

“You take care of Hayeon, okay?”

 

“Was that slap necessary?”

 

Jioong asked her sister. Taeyeon stuck her tongue as a reply.

 

“Taeyeon-unnie~”

 

“Hayeon-ah! You’ll be good to umma and appa, okay? Unnie needs to go somewhere first. And when she comes back, you’ll have a niece!”

 

“Niece?”

 

Taeyeon nodded as she hugged her sister.

 

“You guys take care of yourselves!” her voice was shaky as another tear fell off.

 

--

 

“Flight 902, Seoul to Los Angeles, please proceed to gate 7.”

 

Taeyeon was walking towards gate 7 as her ticket and passport were in her right hand, and as her left was pulling her luggage. This was it. She was on her way to LA where she would start her motherhood.

 

20 minutes later.

 

“The gate is now closed. Passengers of Flight 902, you can check-in the plane now.”

 

Taeyeon took a deep breath before giving her plane ticket and passport to the flight attendant. As she stepped on the plane, she prayed.

 

“God, please help me.”

 

 

-----

TO BE CONTINUED.

Just a short update. :D By the waaaaaay,  I won't be stating how Taeyeon's life in America was anymore. In the next chapter, I'll be skipping three years and, I'll be already in Taeyeon's comeback to Korea. hahaha! :)

 

Look forward to it~^^

 

I'll go read other fics for a while! I also need that daily dose of WooTae you know. ;D hahahahah.