chapter one.

Like A Star (별처럼)

  

Taeyeon quickly sat up, breathing hard, waking up from the nightmare she was having. Same dream. Every night.

 

“Taeyeon-ah, don’t leave me."

 

A man embraced her.

 

“I love you so much.”

 

She pulled her bangs up, looking to her right, only seeing the sleeping Soonkyu. She went to grab her phone and noticed the time was 5:35am. No plans of going back to sleep since her first schedule starts at 7am. She quickly but silently got up from bed as she tied her long, brunette hair into a loose bun. She then made her way to the kitchen, finding a drink that would refresh herself from her nightmare.

 

“Unnie?”

 

The girls are usually still asleep as this time. Taeyeon freaked out a bit hearing a soft voice calling her.

 

“Taeyeon-unnie, are you there?”

 

Taeyeon looked back seeing a peeping Seohyun from behind her bedroom door.

 

“Oh it’s you, Seohyun. Did I wake you up with my fridge-digging?”

 

Seohyun cutely shook her head before completely going out of her room, heading to the kitchen or maybe, her unnie.

 

“You had a nightmare again huh?”

 

Taeyeon had already told the girls about her nightmare weeks before.

 

“Here! Have one of my sweet potatoes. I bet it’ll cheer you up.”

 

Seohyun handed Taeyeon one of her precious goguma. Though Seohyun was younger than Taeyeon, sometimes, she will be there acting like an unnie to her.

 

--

 

“Have you been to the doctor lately?”

 

 SNSD’s manager asked Taeyeon as they were riding the van. Taeyeon sat down on her seat before shaking her head in response.

 

“Your stomach’s growing a bit bigger now. You should wear loose shirts or else the fans and press would notice.”

 

Taeyeon didn’t mind what her manager said. She was tired. She put on her earphones as she let soothing music play through her ears. She closed her eyes as flashbacks ran inside her head.

 

“You said you won’t leave me.”

 

He pleaded as he hugged her.

 

“I know, but I didn’t promise you that.”

 

She coldly replied.

 

“I love you.”

 

He told her.

 

“I don’t.”

 

Tears fell down Taeyeon’s face remembering her past. That horrible past she had to go through for his safety.

 

“Taeyeon-ah.”

 

Taeyeon quickly wiped her tears away as she turned back to look at her manager.

 

“N-Ne?”

 

“We arrived at the set. You go to your dressing room and wait for your stylist to fix you up.”

 

Taeyeon nodded before leaving the van. She was walking to her dressing room when she passed by someone she didn’t wish to see.

 

“Jang Wooyoung…”

 

She whispered. But her whisper was loud enough to be heard. Wooyoung turned back and saw a teary-eyed Taeyeon. Taeyeon bowed her head down, trying to avoid eye contact, and just walked away as fast as she could.

 

--

 

“Wooyoung, you’re back! The stylist said you’re next.”

 

Nichkhun welcomed Wooyoung. He slammed the door as soon as he got in.

 

“Whoa. Chill, dude. What’s wrong?” Nichkhun tried to calm Wooyoung.

 

“Taeyeon’s here.” Wooyoung told him.

 

Nichkhun knew this won’t be a good day for both Wooyoung and Taeyeon. An awkward environment would surround them for sure.

 

“You wanna cancel this filming?” Nichkhun asked.

 

Wooyoung shook his head in reply.

 

“I’ll… I’ll talk to her.”

 

Nichkhun didn’t want to interfere with Wooyoung’s relationship with Taeyeon. So he let him go and he cheered him on.

 

--

 

Knock. Knock.

 

“Co-ome in.”

 

Taeyeon’s voice cracked a bit. It was just too awkward for her to see him after their break-up.

 

“Unnie, please do my make-up as fast as you could—“

 

Taeyeon froze at whom she saw.

 

“Let’s talk.”

 

He closed the door behind them as he went near her.

 

“Wooyoung, stop it. This isn’t gonna change anything.”

 

She managed to speak up. But he really wanted to talk to her. He wanted to get back to her. He still loves her.

 

“Why? Why did you break up with me?”

 

Taeyeon didn’t know what to answer. Her tears were forming and were about to fall. She couldn’t tell him the truth, which is to save both their careers.

 

“Kim Taeyeon, tell me!” he demanded.

 

“I DON’T LOVE YOU! YOU WERE NOTHING TO ME!” she replied.

 

Wooyoung felt his heart breaking more than before. He fell down his knees as he sobbed.

 

“You’re lying. Tell me the truth.”

 

Taeyeon cried as well. It hurt her seeing him in pain.

 

“I’m not lying. I mean it. Leave, Wooyoung. Let’s-- Let’s not mind each other anymore.”

 
 
-----
TO BE CONTINUED.
Really sorry for the veeeeeery late update. T_T