The Gang

Beautiful Stranger

N/A: Finally, some people make their appearance :) Enjoy my favorite chapter!

Chapter 4: The Gang

 

It’s been a solid hour of watching him DJ for the club. He’s even invited her up on stage, and she watches the intricate turns and twists on his knobs and the pulsing lines on his laptop form music. She’s nodding to the beat, taking him in, when she hears her name being shouted over the bass.

“Amber!”

She scans the crowd and sees a clutter of chains, an assortment of  dyed hair, and very angry-looking, worn denim.

“Amber!” Sulli calls out again.

“Sul!”

She hops off stage, rushes to her gang, and embraces the girl. Everyone must sense they’re a gang. No one around them is making eye contact, and there’s a clearing near the bar where the girls have decided to chill.

“Didn’t expect to see you here,” says Sulli. Such an innocent face for a girl with a mean streak.

She fist-pounds with Luna and Victoria.

“You ditched us. We tagged the train yard without you,” complains Krystal, pouting, but accepts Amber’s hug.

“Damn, I’m sorry. One minute I was waiting for the bus, and the next,” Amber looks up at the DJ, “he happened.”

“Wait, wait, wait. The bus?” As predicted, Luna laughs her off. A girl accidentally bumps into her and Luna sobers. “Watch it,” she snaps, glaring at the girl, who bows apologetically. Luna’s small, but her moods are no joke.

“Ooh, cute,” says Vic, grinning. She’s concentrated on the DJ Amber pointed out. “What’s his name?”

“I don’t know. He hasn’t told me yet,” Amber shrugs.

“Mysterious. I like it,” says Luna, checking him out.

Krystal frowns at Amber. “Yongguk oppa’s looking for you. You shouldn’t be here. If he sees you with that guy—“

“Don’t bother her with that,” interrupts Victoria sharply, giving her that ‘leader-of-the-pack’ look. “Let her forget he even exists. That’s not a man.”

“But he is,” muses Sulli, still oogling the DJ. “Look at the way he spins. So attractive.”

“Are you going to be ok?” Vic asks, nudging Amber’s arm.

“Nae, Omma,” Amber grins at her leader. “Go, have fun. I’ll catch up later.”

“Somehow I doubt it,” Krystal smirks mischievously. “Let us know if he’s as good as he looks.”

“Listen to this maknae,” Amber laughs, shoving her. “Get out of here. And don’t tease any cops tonight.”

“Later,” they all echo, patting her on the shoulder and leaving the club.

Some time passes, and the DJ has just finished another song and is receiving cheers and praise when Amber feels her phone vibrating.

Thinking it’s one of her members, she checks it. It’s not Vic, or Luna, or Sulli, or Krystal. It’s no one she wants to talk to, and instantly, she feels unsafe. What if that person is standing in the crowd, watching her? What if she gets the DJ mixed up in her mess?

She panics and pushes against the crowd to get out. She needs to leave before the DJ notices and before they find her. Before he finds her. Krystal was right. She shouldn’t be there. Damn, she should’ve left with her gang. Then she’d be protected.

She leaves out the back of the club into an alleyway, but it is her mistake. He is waiting there with his gang with chains and pipes. Yongguk and the B.A.Ps. They’re a gang with no strategy but thrive off of fighting for territory. They tag windows in broad daylight, not for the art but for the warning. In Yongguk’s mind, Amber is also his territory.

Once upon a time, she was happy with him, tagging buildings, crashing parties—literally,  and living life in the fast and dangerous lane, but he became too much for her, too violent and out of control. She wanted to dedicate herself to her art, and not to someone who treated her like he treated an enemy of his gang. She had lost track of how many times he had hit her before her friends, her own gang leader, Victoria talked sense into her.

It's funny. She could fight the entire world if she wanted, but not him.

And now, here he is, all bleached blond hair and muscle, looking furious and delighted all at the same time. 

“That’s the way it’s supposed to be,” says Yongguk, in his proud deep voice. “When I call, you come.”

“Oppa, what are you doing here?” Amber’s voice trembles. She wishes she had a pipe too.

“What I am doing here? What are you doing here!” He yells, his voice booming. “How can you ignore my calls and hide from me?”

“We broke up.”

He laughs menacingly now. “Oh, we broke up? It’s funny, I don’t remember. How can you want to break up?”

He grabs her arm forcefully and yanks her toward him, the way he used to right before he would hit her. She flinches. “You can never escape me, Amber. You don’t belong to F(x) or the streets or to your precious spray paint. You belong to me!”

He leans in for a kiss, and she squirms, tears prickling.

“Let her go,” says a voice.

She looks up and sees him, her beautiful stranger. She wants to warn him to go back inside before he gets hurt. Surely he knows nothing about gang life, about how dangerous and ravenous these guys really are. Yongguk loves defending his territory more than he loves taking it.

Yongguk looks him up and down. “Who’s this?”

“Me? I’m just a DJ,” he replies casually. “But I’m also the guy telling you to let her go.”

“She’s my girlfriend! Mind your own business if you know what’s good for you, Flower Boy!”

The DJ snickers coolly. “She’s not your girlfriend. If she was, she wouldn’t have come here with me.”

“What will it be, Hyung?” asks Daehyun impatiently, the Satoori rolling off his tongue. “I say we kill the DJ.”

Zelo, the youngest and newest recruit, snickers, shifting restlessly from one foot to another, waiting for a taste of violence.

The DJ rolls his eyes. “Let her go, and I’ll let you fight me.”

Yongguk lets go of her roughly and pushes her toward him. She collapses into his arms, but she quickly stands, not wanting to seem helpless. Not in front of the stranger.

“I can handle myself,” Amber tells him, as B.A.P surround them.

“I know you can,” says the DJ, “but I really want to kick this guy’s .”

The fight begins.