Chapter 1

Chrome: Rise to the Top (New Group from TEMPO Entertainment) [Apply Closed]

The blue haired boy strolled into the practice room that Ace had rented for this evening, and tomorrow morning.  A backpack that was nearly coming ped due to the amount that was stuffed into it was slung onto his shoulder. Perhaps it looked a little strange, since it looked like he was packed for a couple of days when he was only going to a dance studio; however, he knew that he would probably end up needing all of the things that he packed. He talked to Ace, and she told him that often times idols would stay in the practice rooms for days on end when learning a new song. Though he wasn't too pleased with the idea of spending so long away from his own apartment, he figured he might as well make the stay as comfortable as possible. The door opened, and inside the young woman was placing a CD in the large stereo. "Well look at you, here bright and early. 'D ya just get up?" He asked teasingly, knowing the answer already. Ace normally was up around six in the evening, due to her odd schedule. She'd come to Korea about four years ago from America, and it seemed that her body never quite recovered from her jet lag. 

"Shut up. I was working." She snapped at him, before she straightened up, turning to face the young man who was about a head taller than her. "You know all the other boys that you're going to be working with, right?" 

"No, but does it really matter? I don't know half of the people that I've collaborated with, so this is no different." Taking the bag off of his shoulder, the 22 year old lightly tossed it into the corner before leaning against the wall, slowly sinking down until he was sitting on his bottom. "Where are they at? Are they late, or did you want me here early?"

"I wanted you here early." Ace said as she put her hands on her hips. "You're the oldest out of these boys, so you're going to need to have some sense of responsibility, you know that right?" Gazing at her with serious eyes, Hyde nodded silently, signalling that indeed he did realize that he was very responsible for the wellbeing of the other member. "So that means you can't expose them to everything that you're into. I know you have your habits, and I'm not going to tell you to change them. But don't bring them into that, and you damn well better act for the camera. Do you understand me Seungwon?"

"I might be reckless, but I'm not an idiot. I know all of that already." He muttered, watching as the door opened, and five other boys walked in. Locking eyes with a tall boy with jet black hair, and manly features. Both boys narrowed their eyes at eachother for a brief moment before they looked away from eachother. Hyde slowly rose to his feet, staring at the young men before him. A blonde, a two with raven colored locks, and a pair of identical twins. "Hello." He said blankly, voice void of any real emotion.

Chanwoo bit his lip as he looked at the older man. He briefly wondered why he came off as so...cold. Had they already done something wrong? He couldn't help but to wring his hands nervously, deciding to be the first to speak up. "Hello...Um...I'm Chanwoo, the...makane..." His voice, which had begun as a whisper slowly got softer until it was nearly inaudible. Instantly, he regretted opening his mouth as eyes forged of liquid steel focused on him. 

"Are you sick?" Hyde asked, blinking a few times.

"N-No.." The boy stammered, focusing his vision on his feet. 

"He's shy." Youngmin spoke up, meeting Hyde's gaze and wrapping a protective arm around Chanwoo. The two had talked a few times when they were trainees, so they were a bit close. 

"Let him speak for himself." Hyde said harshly, glaring at Youngmin before glancing at Chanwoo again. "Well, you better not be shy in public. Don't make the group look bad, kid." 

"What's your problem?" Ivan asked suddenly, stepping forward and crossing his arms. "You're acting like a total prick." A uncomfortable, tense silence settled over the room before Hyde chuckled a bit, rolling his eyes with a smirk. 

"Ahh..Look, one of them knows how to stand up for himself." He muttered sarcastically, walking over to the stereo and turning on the track. "You all should've learned the lyrics by now, today we're getting the choreography to practice. By around lunch time tomorrow, we'll be putting the finishing touches on the dance, and then practice singing along to the music." 

"You mean...you're not the choreographer?" Liwook asked, his eyebrow arching a bit. 

"No. I'm your leader. And clearly you're unobservant. Don't you pay attention to the news? If not, then start. Informed citizens are the only useful ones." The boy turned to the blonde, and smirked. "I'm Seungwon. Call me Hyde."

"Hyde....." the Dancer nodded, biting his lip. "Right...Well I'm Liwook."

"And I don't care." Hyde rolled his eyes, turning on the music, then looking up when the door when it opened and Ace walked in. The rest of the boys followed his lead, turning to face the woman who looked at all of them, a smirk on her face. 

"Well I see you are all getting along well."

"Hardly." Youngjae said with a scoff. "You did a reall great job at picking a leader noona. He's a real charmer. Great character you know? The fans are going to love him." The brunette twin's voice dripped with sarcasm, ignoring the cold glare from Hyde and the look Youngmin gave for him to shut up.

"Hyde's a good guy once you get to know him." Ace shrugged before she gestured for the group to follow her. "You all did your recording for the tracks yesterday. You heard the instrumentals, but I just put the finishing touches on the final version. Wanna hear it before your choreographer gets here?"

"Sure." Insoo shrugged, watching the producer pop the CD into the player. Music filled the room, and the boys fell silent, listening closely.

 

"I see that you've all started without me." A black haired boy walked in, followed by another man who appeared to be in his mid twenties. Hyde met eyes with the boy, and there was an awkwardness between the two before they both cleared their throats and looked away from eachother. 

"Nah, I was just letting them hear the product of their hard work, Young Gi." Ace chuckled, turning to face them. "Ah, Hey Haw, what up man?" 

"Not much not much. Just been on the grind, you know how it is." The older man chuckled, smiling a bit. 

"Do I ever..." Ace sighed before nodding at everyone. "Alright. I'll leave you all to your...dancing and prancing. Boys, be good for your choreographers. Hyde, be mature about this." The woman's words caused both Seungwon to narrow his eyes into slits, and for Young Gi to fidget awkwardly, blushing beet red. The two had had their...experiences during their days as trainees, and now there was quite an awkward atmosphere whenever they found themselves in the room together. 
 

"Uh...Right. Let's get started then." Youngmin nodded, pulling his long hair back into a ponytail so that it wouldn't get in the way.

"A ponytail?" Youngjae teased, poking his twin's arm. "What are you a girl?" Though they were related, the two had never actually trained together, so he was unaware of the other boy's habit. Youngmin pouted, then smacked the brunette's arm.

"Shut up. It's convenient."