Choi Seunghyun (TOP)

Baby I'm Not a Monster

 

You were sitting at home staring at the phone. He said he would call you and tell you when he will be home and whether he would come to eat dinner, but you never got that call. You sighed as you stood up from your seat and decided to go to bed. But before you even entered the bed, you suddenly heard the front door opening. You quickly ran down the hallway towards the front door and saw Choi Seunghyun standing there taking his shoes off. He looked at you and then back down to the ground.

“Welcome home…”

He nodded as he walked into the house and down to the bedroom. You followed behind as you stared at his backside. He looked tired. He entered the bedroom and sat on the bed. You sat beside him as he removed his tie and coat, and then laid back. You also did the same and kept staring at him. He felt your stare and turned the other direction.

“Let’s sleep now. I’m very tired…”

You continued to stare for another five minutes then turned the other way. You didn’t know what to think. You didn’t know how to feel, but you quietly shed a few tears as you both drifted to sleep…

The next day you woke up to see he wasn’t there. You sat up. His coat wasn’t there. You got off the bed and walked into the living room. You looked around. Silence filled the room. The front didn’t have his shoes. He left for work again. You looked down as you walked over to the kitchen and started to make yourself breakfast. Once you were done, you set down your breakfast on the table. The phone rang. You answered.

“Hello?”

“I’ll try to be home early tonight okay?”

Your face brightened up once you heart TOP’s voice.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah. I think we’ll be done early so I’ll be home tonight. Bye”

You smiled as you said goodbye and hung up the phone. You continued your day in a happy mood. You felt in bliss.

Hours passed and you were in the kitchen humming a small tune to yourself as you were cooking dinner. You haven’t felt this happy in such a long time. The phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Ah, I’m sorry.”

Your heart dropped once you heard those words coming from him. You stayed silent as he kept talking.

“I can’t come home early. The group is still trying to record and they want everyone here.”

“Mm. Okay.”

“Sorry. I’ll see you tonight.”

You heard the phone click. You stood there in silence; dial tone ringing in your ear. Slowly, you hung up the phone and walked into the kitchen. You turned off the oven. Your mind went hazy. You didn’t know how to feel. Your tears came out. Why were you so sad?

You missed him. You truly missed him. He never talked to you. He never took you out on dates. He never touches you. He never hugs you. Never holds you in his arms. Never kisses you.

You felt like he didn’t love you anymore.

You walked into the bathroom and opened the cabinet. Inside were medications. You opened a few bottles and shoved them into your mouth. You swallowed them and sat into the bath tub. You the water. The water continued to spray onto you as you sat in the tub. You started wailing and sobbing. Your mind was going crazy. You didn’t know what was going on anymore. You didn’t want to feel anything anymore.

You just wanted to disappear.

TOP’s POV

I sighed as I arrived home from work. I never had a chance to return home. We’ve been busy with work. I want to go home. But I can’t just abandon work. I got out of the car and opened the front door. I smelled food. It smelled recent. I walked into the kitchen and saw there was a pot on the oven. The oven wasn’t on though. She wasn’t anywhere in sight.

“….Jagiya?”

I walked out of the kitchen and looked in the living room. She wasn’t sitting there. I walked into the bedroom. Not there either. I heard the shower running. I walked towards the bathroom and knocked on the door.

“Jagi?”

Silence. I became worried and knocked again.

“Jagiya?”

Silence again. I opened the door. The floor was soaking wet. What the hell? I looked up to see her emerged into the water. I quickly pulled her out as I turned off the water. She wasn’t breathing. Her pulse wasn’t there. I freaked out. I quickly took my jacket off and wrapped her around and ran straight out the door. I put her in the passenger seat and quickly started driving.

“This can’t be happening. No. It can’t happen.”

I held her hand tight. It was cold. I couldn’t think. Everything was happening at once. I arrived at the emergency hospital. I quickly grabbed her and ran to the front. I was screaming. But I couldn’t hear anything, as if I was deaf. Nurses quickly came and took her away. You followed pursuit until they stopped you at the outside of the emergency room. I didn’t know what was going on. I didn’t know. I just knew my eyes were being blurred from my tears. Everything became hazy. All I was asking myself was one question.

Why?

Your POV

You laid there. You felt cold. Were you dead? No. You heard something. Beeping. Where were you? You were confused. Slowly you opened your eyes. You felt weak. You were confused. You thought you were dead. You swore you were dead. You felt something warm on your hand. You turned your head slowly. Shock went through you, but you were too weak to react. TOP was sitting there asleep. Hand gripping hard on yours. What happened?

Slowly Seunghyun opened his eyes and turned to look at you. He quickly jumped when he realized you were awake.

“Jagiya…Jagiya…”

He quickly hugged you. You sat there in shock. You slowly lifted your arms up and patted his back. Once he finished hugging you, you looked down at your hands. They looked skinnier. How long were you asleep?

“…How long was I asleep?”

“Four days.”

You looked back down. Slowly your tears came out. Seunghyun stared at you and brought his hand up and wiped away your tears with his thumbs. You continued to cry.

“…Why are you here?”

“Because I’m your boyfriend. Why wouldn’t I be here?”

“…I thought…you didn’t love me…”

Seunghyun gave you a shocked look. It looked like he wanted to say something but he waited for your reason. So you started to speak again.

“We never did anything anymore…You never…held me like before. We never went out before…I felt alone…I felt scared…I didn’t know what to do…I…I felt…felt like disappearing.”

Seunghyun sat there. Then he looked down as he removed his hand from your cheek. It felt cold now.

“It’s all my fault…I ed up…”

You looked at him. He had tears in his eyes. You reached out your hand and touched his arm. He looked at you.

“…I’m sorry…for all I’ve done…I want to make it better…I want to start all over…I promise…”

You stared at him as he used one of his hands to wipe away the tear that almost fell out of his eye.

“I’ll make you happy…I’ll make sure you never feel the same way…I’m sorry…”

You smiled at him with all your energy you had. He looked at you, but eventually smiled back. Knowing you two were given a second chance. A chance to make things right…