Late Night Discoveries (Zhoumi)

Super Junior Scenarios

The night sky is dotted with stars, and you watch them silently, scared of what is to come next. Becoming a queen isn’t exactly something you thought would happen to you so quickly, especially not when you didn’t have a husband on your side as King. But your parents had been assassinated just a few weeks ago, and you had been so close to death yourself had it not been for…

You sigh heavily, crossing your arms and resting your elbows on the balcony railing. Tomorrow you have to go to the very south of your land to meet with the giants. In the war that is to come, the giants need to be on your side, as with their massive bodies and violent, war-riddled minds, they will be great allies or great enemies.

At all cost, the giants have to side with you, and not with the neighbouring country who are creating conflict and attempting to kill you and take over your country. King Archenbald, the ruler of the neighbouring country…he had been the one who had called for your parents’ murder. This, you are sure of. The thought of such a thing made your hands curl into tight fists and your eyes to narrow.

“My Queen, what are you doing out of bed at this time of night?”

You turn around to see one of your trusted knights standing there; there is a small frown on his face and he looks deeply concerned. All anger immediately flows out of you at the sight of him. Sir Zhoumi.

“I can’t sleep is all,” you whisper, sighing heavily and looking back toward the stars. “I’m kind of nervous about tomorrow.”

“They should be willing to sign the peace treaty and join your side. King Archenbald isn’t exactly kind to the giants in his area, which is why so many of them live in your country, Your Highness.”

The thought hasn’t occurred to you, oddly enough. The giants most likely still hold hostility towards King Archenbald because of that, and wouldn’t mind going against him and spilling the blood of his people. Even though you rather not have anyone’s blood being spilt.

Archenbald, however, was a completely different story. You mostcertainly want his blood spilled, and don’t mind doing it yourself. But you know that when it comes down to it, you might not be able to. After all, killing someone is something you’ve never done, although it’s an idea you’ll have to get used to, what with the upcoming war between you and Archenbald and all. One in which you can very well lose your life.

You subtly turn your head in Zhoumi’s direction when the next thought comes your way. The fact that Zhoumi could lose his life in the war, too.

It scares you more than the thought of you losing your life, considering the fact that you’ve been in love with the knight for a very long time. Since the two of you had been children, Zhoumi’s father was a knight under your parents—which was why the two of you would meet every so often. The two of you had become friends when you had been young, though Zhoumi was always obsessed with making sure you were safe all the time. Like a true knight, even when he hadn’t been given the official title.

You smile at the memories that pass through your mind, of Zhoumi being so courteous and kind and you always wanting him to stop treating you like fragile glass. He hasn’t stopped, even now; in fact, he just may be worse, being a knight under your rule asQueen.

You can’t help but frown at the idea of Zhoumi following your orders constantly. You two are friends, and not only that, you wish the two of you can be something more. Ruling over him and being in command of him just doesn’t sit well with you because of this.

In fact, commanding anyone didn’t sit well with you. Plus, you aren’t ready to rule yet, not being exactly of age, and you certainly don’t have any experience for it. You are going to be a terriblequeen.

“Your Highness, you will be a wonderful queen, I assure you,” Zhoumi says, and you turn to him in surprise. Had you said that aloud?

He slowly makes his way into the room, a hand on his sword as some sort of absurd precaution. “My Queen, you have always cared for the people in your country, ever since you were young. You played with the towns children, you talked constantly with thetownspeople, and you have always watched on while your parents, the King and the Queen, ruled the country. I believe that this, coupled with your valiant heart, will be all you need to rule the country fairly and without prejudice. It’d be best if you had more confidence within yourself, my Queen, for there are dark times that are going to befall you and this country.” Zhoumi’s eyes darken at the thought. “You must gather your wits and end the war that King Archenbald has started.”

You sigh heavily, shaking your head. “I do wish to end it,” you murmur softly, staring down at your clenched fists that rest atop the balcony railing. “I wish to end this war with King Archenbald’s blood. He must pay for how he killed my parents. For how he is trying to wreak havoc upon my people and my land. He’ll pay for that and much more with his life, I promise you.”

“Very well, my Queen…but do remember this: revenge will never take away what has been brought upon this country. The King and Queen will not be brought back. You must not drown yourself constantly in this revenge, Your Highness, and must instead build upon this country and your character by strengthening yourself mentally and emotionally because of what harm has befallen you. That is the only way for you to prosper as a Queen and the ruler of this great country.”

Zhoumi is standing next to you now, and with much trepidation, he slowly places a hand over one of your fists. Before he can dare take it away, you uncurl your fist and hold onto his hand, going so far as to intertwining your fingers with his. Zhoumi looks at you with shock, eyes wide and mouth parted open just slightly.

“M-My Queen…y-you cannot…this is not proper,” he stammers, and attempts to pull his hand away from yours, but you don’t ease your drip. And he doesn’t dare apply further force.

“Zhoumi,” you tell him softly, “Before I was ever a queen, and you ever a knight, we used to be friends, were we not? I wish to be friends, not your ruler. I-…I wish to be your lover. I wish you to one day become my King.”

“B-But I…I am not a prince!” he whispers, eyes widening in shock, though you can see the longing in them. And you remember all those stolen kisses the two of you had shared; a few while you were very young, and a few just a few years back, before you had ever been bestowing such a troubling task such as being the lonesome queen in a country to be filled with war and blood.

“I don’t care. You have noble blood in you, and even if you hadn’t, I would still want you. Because you’ve saved me countless times, and if it hadn’t been for you, I would’ve died along with my parents.” You remember the day very well—the assassin had been killed by Zhoumi before he could even dare lay a hand on you. You remember the blood on Zhoumi’s hand and the anguish on his face; the assassin had been his very first kill. And you had been the reason he had to kill him. “Because…because you are Zhoumi, and I’ve known you ever since I can remember, and because I love you.”

“I…” He sighs softly, and you turn towards him fully as he cups your cheek with his free hand. “I love you, too. I-It would be an honor if I could…s-someday…w-wed you.”

You lean into his palm, nuzzling it, before leaning up to decreasethe distance between your lips and his.

“And you will,” you promise, before leaning in just a bit more and meeting Zhoumi’s lips. You feel him respond, feel his arms encircle your waist, and smile against his lips in satisfaction and bliss.

With Zhoumi by your side, you have a feeling that you, along with your country, will be able to achieve anything, King Archenbald and the up-coming war in the way or not.


Written by: Admin M.