"It's nice to meet you, too."

❄ Winter Romance
 
- AJ's POV -
 

 

 

The next day, I went straight to work with Hoon. He brought me through the doors of his bakery that looked similiar to a coffee shop and took me into the employee room. I had to admit that the place was pretty decent looking. It was cute, sweet, and warm. They must get a lot of female customers.

"You can take a seat out there. I'm going to get the shop ready." Hoon smiled and threw a shirt and waist apron to me. "You can help by putting those on and welcoming anyone who comes in."

I chuckled, "I'll try not to freeze to death near the door. I swear, it's cold enough to snow out there."

"It's warm in here so you'll manage. Now go! If a customer comes in then please have them be seated and give them menus. I will pay you for this."

Shrugging, I walked out of the employee room and back into the lounge. I noticed that the sign on the door said 'closed' which confused me a bit. Does it matter if the sign says closed? The door is opened. Do people actually read the signs when the shop says opened or closed?

Surprisingly, the door opened and I stood up straight, ready to greet whoever came in. It was a guy. He had a huge red scarf bundled around his neck, a large winter coat, and a red beanie on his head. Even his hair was a light brown. He looked like a flower boy.

"Omo, it's cold enough to snow out there!" He exclaimed. I blinked, thinking if he was talking to me. Come to think of it, I actually think he's talking to himself.

I smiled a bit and parted my lips to speak. "That's what I said."

He flinched and quickly turned around, looking straight into my eyes. His face is even cute. He must be a flower boy. 

"Y-you startled me..." Smiling shyly, he placed a hand on his chest and walked over to me. I bowed slightly as he did the same. "My name is Kevin. It's nice to meet you! I'm guessing you work with us now? Is Hoonie here?"

"It's nice to meet you, too." I smiled again. "Ah, I'm just here today to see how it is. Hoon is here."

"Really? It'd be nice for you to join us. I mean, it's only me, Hoonie, Kiseoppie, Dongho, and Eli hyung. We could use your help and I think you'll like this job."

"I..."

He smiled softly, "Please say yes, AJ. I'm going to go get ready now, okay? You can change the sign on the door to make it say open, by the way. No one's going to come in if it say closed."

And with that, he left for the employee room, leaving me thoughtless. It seemed like he really wanted me to join, but why? We never met, we never even seen each other, I doubt that Hoon talks about me--Wait. Kevin called me AJ. How did he know that..?

"Oh look, you must be AJ!" In came another guy. He wore a thick dark green coat and large glasses frames. He still smiled brightly. "Why does this sign say closed? No one will come in.."

He switched the sign for it to say opened and then looked back at me. I gave him a short bow and a small smile. "Hello, good morning."

"I'm Kiseop! It's nice to finally meet you. I'm in charge of the coffee side of this bakery." He pointed to the coffee corner. "Would you like some hot chocolate? I'll make it real quick. I want you to try it."

"Oh, it's nice to meet you, too. I guess I can try it.."

Kiseop seems like he's always in a good mood. I watched him go over to the coffee corner of the shop and he got straight to work without taking off his coat. He was handsome too. It made me wonder if he was an ulzzang.

"So, how did you know my name?" I asked him, taking little steps towards him.

He smiled while making the hot chocolate. "Hoon told me, of course. He always talks about you. You're even his screen saver on his cell phone. That's impressive to me. His screen saver isn't even Soohyun hyung.."

"You know Soohyun?"

"Neh, he comes and visits Hoon at work when he's on break. Normally, he comes with flowers or something. With you living with Hoon, I bet you hear all kinds of stuff like--"

"Yah, that's gross.." He laughed handsomely. I smiled. "Hoon never mentioned you or Kevin or.. anyone else. He only talks about Soohyun to me."

"Well, I guess we can catch up. Since we'll be working together, let's be friends, okay?" I nodded then looked down at his hand which was giving me a cup of hot chocolate. "Try it. If you don't like it, I'll do anything you would like me to do for a month."

I chuckled, "You're that confident?"

He nodded, "Yup. Just try it."

I brought the cup to my lips and took a small sip. It was sweet and creamy which I loved. Even the cup was warm in my hand. Just looking at his wide smile seemed to make it taste better. I nodded then placed the cup down.

"It's pretty impressive, Kiseop. I really like it. How do you make it..?"

"Come over sometimes."

I blinked, "You'll show me?"

He grinned, "Just come over sometimes."

With his words, he left me with a blank expression. He went into the employee room and I sighed quietly to myself. I really do need a job. Kevin and Kiseop seem nice.. I can work with them. I've met Eli before so I know him too. This shouldn't be too bad at all..

 

 


 

TBH - I did not edit this! xD If you find mistakes then I'm sorry~~
Thank you for subscribing and please comment! I love comments *^* !!
tumblr_mazjekC6Do1rw7if5.gif
( Kiseop gif because I'm Kiseop biased xD Comment with your bias and I'll add a gif for the next chapter :3 )