Chapter 2

I'm Sorry Hyungs

 

The black van went to pick up all of the Infinite members except Sungjong since he was already at home. The van was full of laughter as all the members busy to tell their stories to the others. It was already 10.30 pm when they arrived at their dorm. Sunggyu opened the door and his head formed a wrinkled when the dorm was dark.

“Sungjong!”  Hoya shouted while Sungyeol switch on the light. Their eyes instantly caught six parcels on the living room’s table along with a letter. Their hearts started to beat faster as all of them circled the table.

“What is this?” Myungsoo asked when he can saw there’s a name in every parcel. It’s their name, except Sungjong.

Sunggyu bit his lips from thinking any bad things and opened the letter.  The other five instantly crowd the leader to see the content of the small paper.

Hi hyung!!,

                It’s me, your cute maknae Sungjongie. You can see me wave right? Hyung, it’s been four years since we debut you know, and to tell you the truth, I’m getting sick of it.

“What is this guy talking about?” Dongwoo blurted out but immediately received a ‘shhh’ signal from the leader.

Actually I’ve been kept thinking how far can I go with this career, unfortunately, I don’t have enough talent like all of you. I cannot sing like Sunggyu hyung and Woohyun hyung, I cannot dance like Dongwoo hyung and Hoya hyung,and  I cannot act like Myungsoo hyung and Sungyeol hyung. To sum up, I don’t have talent at all.

Sunggyu folded the letter as he cannot bear to read more. “This kid was talking ridiculously,” he said but still, his heart wanted to read it to the end. Woohyun and Dongwoo already tear up as they continued the reading.

 Oh, come on, don’t cry hyung, it will make me looked pathetic. You know what, you guys are the most awesome persons in my life. Everytime someone asked me what is Infinite to me, I will answered ‘family’. My family. My treasured family.

All of them broke into heavy tears as they can also see the paper tainted with a few drops of water.

I’m sorry to say this hyung, but I’ve made a decision to quit from Infinite. My parents asked me to further my study so, I cannot do anything with it. Don’t worry, though, I’ve already talked to CEO-nim and he accepted my decision, so why wouldn’t you right?

“No no, this is not happening,” Myungsoo said with tears already wet his handsome face.

Hyung! I believe in all of you so don’t worry about me. I hope you didn’t get jealous when I have a bright future okay.

Hyung, you know I love all of you right? You know right? Sunggyu hyung, Dongwoo hyung, Woohyun hyung, Hoya hyung, Sungyeol hyung, Myungsoo hyung. Thank you for taking a good care of me. I really owe all of you.

I hope you like the small presents that I gave to all of you. From the first day of our journey until forever, I will always love you. Bye hyung..

Sunggyu folded back the letter as all of their puffy eyes shifted to the parcel. The hand quickly grabbed the parcel with their name as they find their own spot to open the present.

Myungsoo was first to open it. It was a light blue blouse with small paper on top of it. He closed his eyes tightly to gain the strength before opened the letter.

Myungsoo hyung. I chose this blouse for you hyung since you really look good in soft colour. Stop wearing black hyung, seriously, you will be losing fans I told you. Myungsoo hyung, you really a good brother to me. You always bought me things, you always accompany me when I craved for something. You mean a lot to me hyung. I hope you will become a better actor after this. I’ll pray for you.

Myungsoo smile and cried at the same time. Pabo Sungjong, you are the only dongsaeng for me. He stand up and walked to his room to try the shirts on.

Woohyun took a sit on his bed and opened his present. It was a brand new and expensive skin lotion.

Aigoo, my easy hyung really took good care of his skin right? I hope this presents suitable for you.  Hyung, thank you for always cook for me eventhough you’re tired. Thank you for became my best friend hyung. I love you and I’m sorry for talking informal to you sometime. Good luck for your solo debut.

Woohyun burst out into tears again as he squeezed the lotion on his hand and applied it to his wet face.

Sunggyu stared at his parcel for a minute before opened it. Sungjong decision really shocked him. He felt that he failed as a leader. His hand slowly opened the parcel and he can see a pair of big blue glasses in it together with a letter.

Sunggyu hyung, among the members, you are the most respected hyung to me. You will always be a role model to me. I’m sorry for my decision hyung, please don’t think that you fail as a leader. This is my decision, you’re not responsible with it. Hyung, you taught me many things and show the real world to me. Thank you hyung. I love you.

Sungyeol already tried the shoes that Sungjong gave to him, and it fit perfectly. He gave a weak smiled as he stared at the shoes and opened the letter.

My choding hyung. You really tried best in everything you do. You willing to sacrifice your image for viewers and it really amazed me. I hope after I gone, you have more lines. I also believe your singing talent.

Dongwoo got confused when he saw the weird thing in the parcel. He quickly took the letter and read it.

You like weird stuff right hyung? I bet this is the right things for you. Learnt it by yourself hyung. You know what, you the most cheerful person in the earth for me. You have the best laugh and smile, sometime I got jealous of you. My heart, sometime it hurts but everytime I see you smile, I felt calm. You have that magic hyung. I hope you will continued to shine forever.

Dongwoo sure is a cry baby as he sobbed hard reading the letter. Why you leave Sungjong? He curled into a ball in his bedroom, unable to smile like always.

The one that closest to Sungjong was none other than Hoya. The rapper was rarely cry but this situation that he’s in made he cried his heart out. He opened the gift from his maknae, together with the letter.

Hoya hyung, I’m sorry, I’m pretty sure I made you sad. I hope this purple headphone made it up. I saw you headphone broke, that’s why you keep using the earphone. But I know you felt uncomfortable since it is small. The colour is your favourite right?

Hyung, from our trainee days, you’re the most fond person to me in the group. We shared the same bedroom since our debut days till now. We even shared same hotel room when we having an oversea concerts. Thank you hyung formaking me comfortable and take good care of me. I hope you stay smile and happy forever. Bye hyung.

Hoya cannot believe the contents as he opened Sungjong’s closet but the sight disappoint him. There’s no thing inside it. It was empty.

Sungjong, Sungjong... He uttered between his sobs.

-END-

_____________________________________________________

Since many of you request a sequel, and being a kind writer :p here: We're Sorry Sungjong