Max Step It

Max Steppin'

 

The name is Park Su Hwa. I was your typical high-school girl. Tons of friends, loved shopping, hated school work, and loved all things k-pop. Especially all things SHINee, especially all things Key related. I had the CD's the posters, and way too many pictures of key. But that's besides the point, sort of. Anywho. The only real difference was I sang a lot and danced a lot more. Oh and I put them online.

That difference was apparently enough though and there I was, a part of this enormous company. Training in real dance studios. Taking singing lessons. In the same building as my beloved, Key.

At that point in my life Key was my everything. He was gorgeous, funny, talented, smart, and just absolutely perfect to me. Perfection at it's finest.

It's probably strange to you right? That there I was living the life. I was doing what other people dreamed of and all I could think about was perfect Key. I have no excuses. None. But it should please you to know that he actually helped me go forward in my career, although not physically. He didn't actually help me, the thought of him helped me. I worked my little dancer's off so that I could maybe have a chance to perform with Key.

And what do you know? One day my manager comes in all smily, and she was one of those ladies who you didn't see smile often. She was strict. So, anyway, she comes in smiling and I, well I was a little freaked out.

“What's the occasion?” My snarky tone was not enough to wipe that oddly placed grin from her face, which was too bad. Like I said, it freaked me out.

“They want to debut you with a mixed group!”

“mixed group?”

“Yeah, it has members from a bunch of different groups. Anyway, it's called younique and the song is Maxstep you'll be going there to meet all the members and their groups real soon! You're not going to be a trainee anymore!”

“What groups?” I was gathering my various dance clothes I had stripped myself of and putting them in my bag before slinging it over my shoulder.

“Super Junior, Exo, SHINee.” I dropped my bag and let out the most embarrassing fangirl shriek.

“Did you just say SHINee?” Now I was the one bursting with joy and dropping all the snark in my voice. My manager cleared out her ears with her pinky and winced.

“Yes I said SHINee.” She looked me up and down. I stood clad in a small black tank top, spandex shorts, and converse sneakers. My long, chestnut hair was let down to it's full length, all the way to my waist. “Why aren't you wearing a jacket?”

“I was dancing. It was hot.”

“Why is your hair down then?”

“because I finished dancing.” I rolled my eyes. All the snark had returned. She rolled her eyes.

“Well, I guess you'll meet your beloved SHINee in that then..” my eyes widened, I dropped to the floor next to my bag and rummaged through it for my cute outfit that I was wearing earlier. My manager laughed. “Smart decision.”

I ran to the nearest dressing room and prettied myself up as fast as possible. I had a pair of black leather skinny jeans, electric blue knee high boots, a white and black striped tank and a black leather vest. I ran a brush through my hair fixed my makeup threw everything in my bag and went out to meet my manager. She looked me up and down once more.

“Much better. This way.”

Each step down the hallway felt like an eternity. But we made it. They were all standing outside this room. All of Super Junior. All of Exo. And All of SHINee. My breath caught in my throat as they all turned to look at me.

“Is she in the right place?” Key's voice was so crisp clear and perfect. I almost melted. But I had to keep my composure. My manager was not smiling anymore.

“Yes. As a matter of fact she is. This is Su Hwa. She is the last member of younique.”

“Oh. So it's a Co-ed group?” Key seemed interested. I was dying of pure joy. There could be a chance that he was in younique with me.

“Yes.” My manager was exuding more snark than myself.

“Are you in?” My voice was surprisingly clear and without any trace of snark. Key had a crooked smile cross his face.

“No. But you are, aren't you? A little trainee.” My heart dropped. And not in a good way.

“Trainee?” Snark refilled my voice. “Trainee?” This time I just sounded angry.

“Yes. Cute little angry trainee.” Half of my heart wanted to adore the fact that he called me cute, but it wasn't happening. Not at that moment.

“Hyung.” Taemin's voice sounded right when I was about to open my mouth to retort. Taemin sounded manly, not at all like his old cute-boy self that everyone knew. “You're too harsh.”

“I'm harsh?”

“Yes. Obviously she's no longer a trainee.”

“You're just jealous I'm in this group instead of you.” There it went. My hot temper, did I mention that before? I'm pretty tempered. I brushed past the gaping boys and entered the recording studio. The minute I entered I felt so stupid. They were all my sunbaes and I was the only girl. I was only making things harder on myself with my stupid mouth and my stupid temper. So I vowed not to talk. Not today at least. Minutes past before I was in the recording booth with my “band mates.” Taemin, Henry, Kai, and Eunhyuk. Luckily there was no time in between learning the song and recording raw vocals for speaking, although they tried. Oh, boy did they try.

Almost an entire week went by with me not saying a single word. And then we started on the choreography. That was my forte. That was where I was fierce, and that was where I didn't care about anything else. Nothing else mattered to me aside from my dancing anymore, although I was still brooding on what happened with my beloved key. I couldn't bare to take down any of his pictures, and I couldn't help but smile slightly when I knew he thought I was cute. Then, as if my bias list wasn't already screwed up enough, there was Taemin. He had stood up for me when I hadn't said a single word to him, and he was the best dancer in the room.

“Five, six, seven, eight!” The choreographer was going over the guys part, and well. They weren't doing so hot. And I was getting hot, hot tempered that is. It wasn't as complicated as they were making it. And I decided it was time to break my silent streak.

“Guys! It's simple!” My voice rang out clear and they all stared at me. “I can do every single one of your parts right now.” I pointed at each person, even Taemin.

“I'd like to see you try.” Kai was out of breath. I smirked and pushed him aside.

“So sit.” I looked to the choreographer, “Can we do it from the top. I need to show these boys what I got.”

Our choreographer was frazzled. But he liked this idea and started the track. We all went through it once, then again, except with me in a different part each time. Like I stated, I knew them all. And I showed it. Once we had gone through it with me dancing every part except Taemin's I asked them if they were satisfied.

“You haven't done my part.” The competitiveness in Taemin's voice threw me off, and honestly kinda .

“Alright then, move.” I grinned at Taemin and waited for everyone to take their place. The track started. I danced Taemin's part and Hilariously enough he danced mine. The boys couldn't really take that though. They all fell down laughing while me and Taemin finished out the song. There we were panting and looking at each other in the end and I felt something. Something I thought i'd have with key.

“Key was wrong.” My heart dropped and all the butterflies vanished. My snark returned but I couldn't help smiling.

“I know.” then I surprised myself by laughing. Taemin looked at me oddly.

“What's so funny?”

“He's my bias.”

Weeks went by and I actually grew close to all of my “band mates.” They were all like older brothers to me. Except for Taemin. There was something different about our closeness. There was chemistry, there were butterflies and as much as I didn't want to admit it there was romance. Eventually the last day of shooting for the video rolled around. We were dancing in the last scene and I couldn't take it anymore. The words “Thats a wrap” rang in my ears. We were finished. I wouldn't see them all the time anymore. I wouldn't see taemin anymore. I couldn't allow it.

“You.” I pointed at Taemin. Everyone looked. “You're coming with me. Now.”

“I am?” Taemin scoffed. “Why?”

“You ed up my Bias list. You have to pay the price.” A y smirk spread across this man's lips. Yes, Man. Lee Taemin was a man. The only man in my eyes. And I wanted him. All of him and no one else.

“You stole my heart.” He grinned. I blushed. “So, you have to pay the price.” That time I smirked.

 

 

If you liked my story let me know! Also please check out my other story, 43ver the flaw! It's long but it should be worth your time. ^.^ -thanks~