My one wish

My one wish

The first sunrays of that morning passed through the window glass, iluminating the small room he shared with Nichkhun. He felt the warmness on his face and smiled. He knew today was special. Today, was his 20th birthday. Today, was his day.

However, he knew how birthday events worked in the entertainment industry. Yup. He still remembers Junsu’s birthday. Chansung knew the others would pretend not to remember his birthday just to make him sad, so that they could surprise him later with a huge party. Hehehe Hwang Chansung was a very smart boy, he knew better than to let himself be caught in their plan.

He got up from his bed and decided to go to the kitchen, where he believed the other 6 boys and the manager were.

The moment he stepped on the living room, he heard small popping sounds and then he was covered with colorful ribbons and small pieces of paper.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHANSUNG!”

Recovering from his shock, Chansung looked around and saw that in the living room there were his friends, the manager, some of the stylist noonas, a few PDs and even JYP hyung. The room was decorated with ballons and there were many tables full with food. A big banner on the wall had “Happy B-day Chansung!” written on it.

“Happy birthday Chansung-ah!” said Junho hugging him tight. “Congratulations!”

“Yo Chansung! Congrats! Getting old too huh? Hahahahaha” joked Changmin patting his back.

“Chansung, congratulations on your birthday. Watch out for your healthy ok?” Said JYP hyung while shaking hands with him.

One by one, everybody complimented Chansung. He received some gifts and a few more hugs and handshakes. He was thanking Sunye for the gift she gave him, when he noticed the other 2PM members putting on their coats and grabbing their backpacks.

“Hey, do we have schedule now?” asked Chansung already making his way to his room to get ready.

“Yup, they gotta practice some more, but not you. JYP hyung let you take the day off since it’s your birthday. Cool isn’t it?” said their manager while handing him a cup of soda.

“Oh…humm, thanks”

“Aish, it’s so unfaaair.” whined Junsu “I had to spend my birthday being annoyed by you guys…”

“Oh come on hyung, it was fuuun!” said Wooyoung trying to cheer up Junsu. “But today is your day Chansung, so enjoy ok?”

“Hum, yeah, ok, I will…bye” answered Chansung, forcing a smile while waving the others goodbye. “Yeah hyung…it was fun…”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The party went on for a few more hours. He talked with everybody, he laughed, smiled, played around…yet…he wasn’t completely happy, he couldn’t tell exactly what was wrong…something was definitely missing…but soon his thoughts were interrupted when Seulong came out of the kitchen carrying a big cake with 2PM written on it and a candle on top.

“Come on Chansung! Make a wish!”

“A wish?”

“Yup! Ask for anything: health, fame, money, women kekekeke, this is your chance buddy.”

“Anything?” he looked up, trying to think of something he wanted. “Anything?…” he looked at the cake, with the ‘2PM’ written on it…then, he knew exactly what he wanted.

Chansung smiled and blew out the candle.

“Yay! Congrats!” said Jinwoon while clapping. “What did you asked for y- hey! Where are you going?! Chansung-ah!“ but before he could finish his question, Chansung was already out of the door.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

He ran and ran, out on the streets of Seoul.

“My wish…my one wish…is…”

He entered the JYPE building and went straight to the practice room, stopping right in front of it, breathing heavily, trying to catch up his breath.

He took one last deep breath and opened the door.

“Yah! Chansung-ah! What are you doing here?” yelled Jaebum while wiping out the sweat out of his neck.

“Shouldn’t you be at the party?” asked Taecyeon with a confused face. Chansung entered the room and bit the older boy on the shoulder. “Ouch! Hey stop with that! Why did you leave anyway?”

Chansung simply smiled and prepared himself to practice with them.

“ My wish is…let me be together with my friends…forever…”