A Soothing Night

[FOUR-SHOT] OUR DAYS IN LOVE

A Soothing Night

A soothing night, we met
in an agleam street, you called
as my rushing heart, we stared

A soothing night, we met
clear-low voice of yours, drifting away within the twinkled starry night
smiled as bashful as Mimosa Pudica’s but as beautiful as heaven as well

A soothing night, we met
we parted
as I walked home, I was flustered
of my racing heart, of my warming cheeks

A soothing night, we met
A soothing night, I felt love.



-Seungyeon's POV-

“Han Seungyeonssi! Han Seungyeonssi! Wait up!”
I turned my head and I saw a brown-haired man, he was panting quite hard. I hardly could see his face due to the dimness of the street.
“Yes?”
"You are Han Seungyeonssi, am I right?"
"Yes, it's me. Why?"
He released a loud sigh. A nervous one, I think.

“I-I got your wa-wallet. I-I mean, I found your wallet.” He said, nervously, as he stepped into the brighter spot of the street lamp and then I found myself surprised. I know this man! He is the boy that I always met in my way to college.Hey, wait a sec. Did he just say 'your wallet'? My wallet?? I immediately searched my bag and he was right, my wallet was missing.
"Oh my. I am really sorry for troubling you so much." I said as I bowed twice to show my regret. When I looked him, i froze. He was smiling a heavenly smile, to me?

Suddenly, my heart beating faster and faster. I panicked. What's wrong with me?! I took some deep breath but it didn't work at all. My heart still beating fast.

"Seungyeonssi?"
I snapped back into the reality.
"You even haven't see the wallet yet. Maybe it's not yours."
Ah, yes. You are a BABO, Han Seungyeon.
"A-ah, yes," I muttered. "I haven't see the wallet."
And then I heard him giggled. And i gave him a confused look.
"So-sorry," he took a deep breath, trying not to giggle anymore. "It is surely yours, I already checked before I chased you."
He gave me a mischievous look as he gave my dark pink wallet. Okay, he is teasing me.
"Thank you," I said briefly, acting cranky. And I knew he realized it.

An awkward moment wrapped us. And my heart now was rebelling like crazy within my chest, beating abnormally fast.
"Do-do you recognize me?" He asked suddenly, nervously. I was really surprised.
"I-I do recognize you," he added, due to my silence. "Everyday. In the station, in the train."
I gulped.
"I-I always watching you in your way to college. I don't know what is happening to me, but my eyes will always automatically fixed onto you."

My heart got stung by happiness. To tell you the truth, he is the boy that I always thinking of. Since he kindly offered his seat to an old lady in the train. Since that moment, that really brief moment, I fell for him. But I didn't have any courage to see his face for more than few seconds.

"Seungyeonssi."
I melted due to softness of his voice. I lifted my face and our gaze were fixed each other. I swear! That time my heart stopped. Maybe this is what people called 'Death by Happiness'.

"Ye-yes?"
"Ma-may I....?"
"Ye-yes?"
My heart just ready to get out from my mouth. I started couldn't feel my toes, i was feeling too nervous.
"May I.. May I know you better?"
What? Did I just misheard him?
"Huh?"
I could see his extreme nervousness on his face.

"I LIKE YOU, HAN SEUNGYEON! I DON'T KNOW SINCE WHEN, BUT STILL, I LIKE YOU! I LIKE YOUR EYES, I LIKE YOUR TEETH, I LIKE THE WAY BRUSHING YOUR HAIR WITH YOUR FINGERS, I LIKE YOUR PETITE FIGURE, I LIKE THE WAY YOU YAWN IN THE MORNING IN THE TRAIN, I LIKE YOUR SMILE, I LIKE EVERYTHING IN YOU! I KNOW I AM A STRANGER AND IT IS WEIRD, BUT STILL, I LIKE YOU SO MUCH, HAN SEUNGYEON!" he said all of them just like a storm, made me froze to the max. He likes me? Too?

An awkward silence wrapped us again. I couldn't believe what I just heard.

"Ummm..." I broke the silence. He lifted his face, looking awfully pale, due to his nervousness. I smiled a little when I saw him before I continued my words.
"Can I know your name?" I asked. And then, he hit his forehead.
"I am so sorry! How rude I am! My name is Lee Jinki! I am sorry." His reaction is way too cute.

“Lee Jinkissi.”
“Ye-yes?”
“Tomorrow, will I meet you again?” I asked.
He froze for seconds, seems couldn’t believe of what I just said.
“Will I?” I repeated. He blinked.
“A-ah, yes! Of course, we will meet again!” He answered quickly.
I smiled.
“Then, see you tomorrow, Jinki-ah. At the same station, at the same time of departure. Thank you very much for finding my wallet. Good night." I bowed. He automatically replied my bow. And I turned around to continue my way going home.

"SEUNGYEONSSI!"
I turned around, he was still standing under the street lamp. He was smiling, very wide smile, as he waving his hand excitedly. I replied his wave.
"I can't wait for tomorrow!" He shouted. I laughed.

Me, too!


A soothing night, we met
A soothing night, I felt love.