F o u r

Falling in love with an angel.

YooJin POV. 

I sat on Myungsoo’s table, still thinking about my dream. Who was that boy? What was his name? Questions of the boy flooded my mind. The only thing I knew about that boy is that was my ex-boyfriend. I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration.

“Class attention!” The teacher spoke from the front of the class.

The voice broke my train of thoughts.  I scanned the room, everyone wasn’t listening. Each student was doing their own things. Some were gossiping, some were texting, some were folding paper aero planes and throwing them around.

“There would be a new student today. He transferred from T.S. high. Please welcome him warmly!”

The fact that there would be a new student caught everyone’s attention. Now the class was quiet, no one was talking, all looking towards the door in anticipation. All wondering whether the new kid would be a rebellious gangster or a studious nerd.

When the door opened, almost everyone held their breath. A blond male walked in.

My eyes widened, It was the boy from my dreams, except that he was now thinner and taller. His eye bags looked even darker if that was possible. He looked different, the confidence that he once had was no longer there.

When he faced the class, I looked at his eyes. They were cold, emotionless. Those eyesno longer had any emotion in them, they seemed empty. Those warm, loving orbs of his were long gone. Taking its place were the same eyes that I saw when he broke up with me.

I know I shouldn’t be feeling this, but when I saw him, I felt my heart rate pick up.

“Hello, my name is Daehyun.” He bowed. There was something about his voice. His voice could easily make girls fall in love with him. Many of the girls squealed when he introduced himself.

All the memories came back. The happiness I felt when he confessed to the moment where my heart broke when he broke up.

I wonder what he was doing here?  Shouldn’t he be in some place singing and dancing now? Going on shows to perform? What is he doing in a school like this? 

I felt Myungsoo’s eyes on me, I turned to look. He showed me a piece of paper, on it was his messy hand writing, Are you okay?

I looked at Myungsoo, worry was written all over his face. I forced a small smile and nodded gently. He looked at me for a while more before looking away.

~

Much to my displeasure, Daehyun had been assigned to the empty seat next to Myungsoo. I frowned when I saw him walk closer, I was still sitting next on Myungsoo’s desk. I turned to look at Myungsoo, who was apparently as upset about it as I was.

Daehyun had taken out his notebook, copying the key points of the teacher’s lecture intently. Even when the teacher stopped talking, he was still scribbling on his book. The entire page was filled with his small handwriting. Curious, I leaned back, trying to get a better look at the words.

I could only make out ‘  YooJin, I miss you.’ , before I felt someone poking me. Annoyed , I got off the table and looked at Myungsoo, who was now smirking at me. I frowned, thinking about Daehyun’s writing.

I walked over so I was behind Daehyun as he was still scribbling fervently on his book. I could see the words now.

YooJin, I miss you.I miss your laugh. I miss your smile. I miss the way you say my name. I miss singing to you. More than 6 months has passed. I can’t stop blaming myself. I’m sorry. Everything hurts.

Before I could see more, Daehyun had closed his book. I frowned. If he cared so much, why did he do it in the first place? 


I'm not particularly happy with this chapter. It sounded so much better in my head. But I spent weeks editing this and adding to it, I can't bear to delete this. I'm sorry. Leave a comment and tell me how I can improve?