Chapter 4

You don't know what you've got til it's gone

The rain was pouring. If there was something Hyoyeon was hating, it was pouring rain ever since that day, that saddest day... She could remember every sound, every feeling... The tears climbing in her eyes, the hurt she felt from her nails buried inside her skin as she squeezed her fist in order not to breakdown and cry... The efforts she had to make not to look at him and at his beautiful face... The pain in her heart growing stronger at each minute... Any rainy day would remind her of that day. And here she was standing in the street next to that bar, waiting for him. And he stil was not there, once again. How was it possible to be so damn late everytime they had to meet? If Yu Kwon didn't want to see her, all he had to do was to say it. And to find a substitute for his future fiancee.

They already had met many times since the first time they had seen each other in the tea saloon, between Hyoyeon's appointments at the hairdresser, the beautician, the shopping sprees with Madame Kim and the lessons of savoir vivre she had to follow. It might seem easy but to be acting like his girlfriend was a real full-time job. She barely had the time to meet with her friends Taeyeon and Yuri and if Taeyeon understood since she had got the job for her, Yuri was less tolerant. The truth was that Hyoyeon didn't tell her what her job really was, scared that she would get angry and say it was close to slavery. To be quite honest, Hyoyeon was starting to think it was so.

Thankfully, the street was lighted and not dark. It was not a main avenue but it was a place where a small crowd used to stroll around, chatting and laughing. While she, Kim Hyoyeon was waiting under the rain, her black simple wide umbrella helping her from getting soaked wet. Since she was wearing that expensive Burberry coat and those almost more expensive Gucci brown leather boots, that would be pity. The clothes were offered by Madame Kim, along with her pay. She had nothing to spend for anything anymore. The cool side of this job... The less cool was waiting for that Yu Kwon and waiting again...

Despite this, he was not a quite bad company most of the time. They were getting along pretty fine, finding some common points like a passion for dance and breakdance more precisely. It happened they were both listenning to the same kind of music, loved the same kind of dishes and hated the same day of the week. Little things like this which had allowed them to get closer... But right now, as she was waiting for him once again, Hyoyeon told herself this would never be enough. She hated waiting even more that she hated the rain. She had never been the patient type of girl, especially when she was on her own, standing beside a trendy bar for twenty-minutes, watching at the crowd in front of the bounceman stepping inside the place. Soon, it will be too much crowded and they would never be able to get in there, because of the security advices. To the hell Kim Yu Kwon!

Hyoyeon was about to give it up and go when the boy's motorbike finally arrived and stopped in front of her. Out of the crash helmet, Yu Kwon face appeared, shaking his hair slowly with a sigh of relief. Still standing, Hyoyeon did not say a word and waited for him to step to her. He got off the bike and put the helmet at the right place before smiling at her. OK... He had some killer smile. The kind of smile to make any kind of heteroual girl melting inside. But his nice features would never be enough to make Hyoyeon forget about the rest. This time was the last time he had her waiting for so long. As soon as he has stepped to her, she threw her fist at his face, which he avoided right on time when she hit his broad shoulder instead.

"Hey, what is this for?"

"What is this for?" Hyoyeon asked between her teeth. "Are you kidding me? You're kidding me, right? We have said nine and a half! And look... It is already ten past ten. I am so tired of you being late. The only reason why I have stayed was to tell you this. Now, I'm going. And go find yourself another girlfriend!"

Of course, she didn't really mean it. But in the moment... She meant it. Yu Kwon followed her, not taking care of getting soaked wet too. It already was too late, anyway... She was walking pretty fast and he almost had troubles catching her back. If some were looking at him, some would be thinking they really were a couple. He didn't hate that idea but it seemed like a would have made a quite bad boyfriend. He haven't realized until then...

"Hyoyeonnie... Don't be like that. Please. I promise I won't do that again."

He wrapped his arms around her shoulders, trying to shelter from the rain thanks to her umbrella by the way, but she shoved him away with her arm. For sure... They did looked like a real couple.

"You already have said that the last time. Just because I'm paid for this masquerade, it doesn't mean that I have to be your clown nor your submissive subject. Now I don't believe you anymore. Meet your friends on your own."

"Hyoyeonnie..."

"Don't call me like that."

They were there because Yu Kwon wanted to introduce her as his beloved girlfriend to some of his best friend. He didn't like to lie to them but the illusion had to be complete and for that, they had to play the game in front of them, too. One may never know... Even if he was trusting them, he was scared they would end up making a mistake in front of this grandfather. It was wiser this way. He and his mother, especially his mother, have been thinking about everything, each little details. The only problem was that : he really liked Hyoyeon a lot. He had not been falling for her but... He liked her a lot. She was pretty, funny, smart, she had her temper... And she had that great body! He had to convince her to stay.

"Please, don't be like that. I promise I will never ever ever ever ever be late again. Please. They all are waiting for us. You might be cold and you need to rest a little. Stay, Hyoyeon, please... Don't be like that."

She stopped and turned around. He was looking at her with those puppy eyes... God, how she hated those puppy eyes! They were the blame for her weakness each time he was staring this way at her. Hyoyeon tried to get the strength to resist but she found out that she just couldn't because she was a girl and he was a boy and he had that sweet smile and those sweet eyes no girl could resist. Damn him! Damn herself! She sighed deeply to show him she still was not pleased and looked at him from head to toe... His white shirt was dropping with water and so were his pants. Plus, she had rain starting to slip inside her own shoes.

"I guess I can't let you getting sick a few days before the party for your grandfather's birthday. That's such an important date... We'd better hurry up if we want your friends not to leave without having met your beautiful girlfriend..."

He smiled and once again, she hated that. As she passed him by, she gave a slight blow at his side with her elbow. On purpose, she walked slowly until he had caught her back again, wrapping one arm around hers, holding at her umbrella to lift it up, so it could shelter him from the rain as well. After all, this was perfect if everybody thought they were a real couple since that was what they were supposed to be looking like. This proved the chemistry between them was good enough so that none could guess the scheme. It was... just perfect this way.

 

Lizzy was starting to get a little nervous. She couldn't help but looking at the main door of the bar in the hope she would see Yu Kwon's face appeared. She was highly tensed to meet his girlfriend. There was a small anticipation, a pinch of curiosity and a little something of jealousy on the way, growing in the back of her stomach as the minutes were going by. Out of all of his friends, she was the most nervous. And there was a reason for that : in her heart, Yu Kwon was much more than the big brother he was supposed to be. But no one knew, except herself and Jin Ah. Suddenly, her heart skipped a beat : here he was. His hair was wet and so were his clothes. He was smiling cheerfully, waving at each person he knew inside the bar. His right arm was stretched in the back and soon she guessed it was because someone was holding his hand. Then, Lizzy saw her... She had dyed blonde hair just like her but she was not as cute as she was, from her own point of view. Why? Why did it have to be that girl? She didn't like her. Before she even knew her, Lizzy knew she didn't like her. The only one who was good for Yu Kwon was herself, not that silly girl dressed in her white lacy dress. She clenched her teeth together and exhaled... The couple was closer now. It would be about time to get introduced...

*********************************************************************************************

I know it has been a long time and I know that's pretty short for what you have to wait but I had so many things to do and each time I wanted to write another chapter, I had something on the way. I wanted to keep a bit of suspense, I hope you will not hate me for that. Hope that was worth the wait, despite it all. Thank you for having subscribed, thanks for reading and thanks for your support!^^