For You, Anything (2)

What is Love? (A Collection of Short Stories ft. EXO's Kai & f(x)'s Krystal)

"Umma, Appa! Noona, noona! Look who I brought home today!" Kai opened the door to his house cheerily and smiled as his parents and two older sisters entered the narrow opening into the doorway.

"Oh, it's Soojung-ah! Welcome, Soojung. Would you like to stay for some dinner?" Mrs. Kim asked Krystal not unkindly.

"Ah, thank you for the offer, Mrs. Kim, but it's okay." Krystal smiled prettily at Kai's mother while nodding politely. 

"Umma, Appa, why don't we go into the living room for a bit? Um... Krystal and I have something to tell you."

"Why, of course, Jongin-ah. Let's go." They sat on the couches, and Kai's father spoke again. "So, what did you two youngsters want to tell us again?" Kai grabbed Krystal's hand and squeezed it tightly.

"Well... ah... Krystal and I are... dating." Kai finished his sentence and braced himself for the worst. Kai's mom and dad blinked a bit before looking at each other. 

"That's... that's fantastic, of course, Kai. But... are you sure? You know, there are other girls out there..." Mr. Kim tentatively told his only son and youngest child. Krystal's eyes visibly watered, and she turned her face away because tears threatened to fall. Kai tightened his grip on her hand, and turned to her. 

"Are you okay, Stal?" She nodded imperceptibly, and Kai turned back to talk to his parents. "Of course I'm sure," he said angrily, "Soojung is a wonderful person and I really love her. It doesn't matter even if you guys don't approve, because I'd do anything for her." He glared and challenged his parents to disagree. 

Mr. and Mrs. Kim looked at each other before smiling. "Well, if that's your decision, I guess we can't say anything about it. Congratulations, Jongin and Soojung! I hope you give us wonderful grandchildren!" Krystal laughed in relief, and Kai looked at her lovingly. 

"Grandchildren...eh? So, when do you want to provide little kids for your parents-in-law?" Kai teased. Krystal slapped his arm playfully and sighed while putting her head on his shoulder.

"I'm glad that went well. Now we just have to tell my parents."