First Date Jitters (1)

What is Love? (A Collection of Short Stories ft. EXO's Kai & f(x)'s Krystal)

"Hyung, what if I screw up?" Kai asked for the umpteenth time as he got ready for his first date with Krystal.

"It's okay, you'll do just fine. You're a lady's man, Jongin-ah," Luhan replied patiently while fixing Kai's bowtie.

"But, what if... what if...?" 

"Oh, just shut if will you? You'll be fine, now go out there and knock her dead!" Sehun snapped, trying to focus on the drama he was watching but failing miserablly because he was being rudley interrupted by a certain lead dancer. 

"Fine, gosh. Tch, touchy," Kai sniffled. He looked at the time. "OHMYGOODNESS! I'm gonna be late! Bye Lu hyung, bye Hun-ah!" He scrambled out of the apartment building as fast as his legs would take him and dashed into the car. Kai drove as fast as legally possible to Krystal's house, while continually glancing at the glowing numbers on the panel. "Oh shoot. What if I'm late? What if Krystal dumps me? Oh no, oh no, oh no. This can't happen on a first date. Oh nooo."


"I can't believe my little dongsaeng is finally growing up and getting a boyfriend," Jessica sniffed, smoothing Krystal's hair lovingly. "Now, listen," Jessica said, switching from a motherly warm to a teacherly strict, "if he treats you wrong, you come tell unnie, okay? Unnie'll beat the crap out of him for you." With this said, Jessica faked cracking her knuckles menacingly. Krystal laughed before nervously fidgeting with her dress.

"You think, you think I'll be alright, unnie?" 

"Of course, Stal. You'll be fine. Besides, I know Kai, he'll probably be even more nervous than you are, and if no one steps up to the bat and is comfortable with the other, it's going to be a really awkward date. So, you do that for him, okay? He's a shy sort of guy, and unless you make the first move, he won't respond. Just treat this like another meeting with friends, alright? That way you'll be just fine." Jessica smiled kindly at her little sister before getting up from the bed. "Well, Chullie's probably going to be complaining if I don't get home soon. I'll be off, alright?"

Krystal nodded nervously before hugging her sister. "It's okay, you'll be perfect," Jessica murmured before stepping out the door of Krystal's apartment.

"I certainly hope so," Krystal whispered, "I certainly hope so."