Crazy Thoughts and Regrets

What You Really Are

 

I was in deep thought while walking to the creepily decorated hallway of our school, hands deeply kept inside my black jeans’ pocket. The cape I was wearing was flapping crazily as the cool breeze of October blew against me. A bothering feeling had managed to get into my system. It was not because of the somber ambience nor the frightening music played through the campus and also not because of the darkness of the place, it was because I feel her presence. Tiffany’s sweet strawberry perfume lingered as wind blew again. As I assumed she was hiding on the hallway’s blind spot, planning to pounce on me.

 

She jumped towards me with hands positioned like claws, but instead of hearing me scream my lungs out I just stared at her with dull eyes. I could tell that the level of her hyper mode had decreased, her lips made a pout and she sighed. If she just knew how cute she looked, if she just knew that her little actions almost makes my heart stop a beat. Tiffany’s hand reached out to my right cheek causing me to look directly into her face.

 

Black lines were drawn into her face and a heart shape was seen also on the center of her nose, making an impression of a cute kitty. She wore an animal print dress with a fluffy cat ear headband. I moved her hand away and looked at the ground. My eyes widen as I saw what she wore; a pair of brown wedge heels.

 

“Why did you wear heels?”

 

“You don’t like it?”

Oh god, she’s putting first her fashion sense before her safety.

 

“No, I like it”

 “But see, the party will be on the 3rd floor of our school and they’ll be hiring people to scare the hell out of us”

Then here I am again letting my walls of defense low as I let my ahjumma side conquer.

 

She was trying to explain but I already left. I was pissed off, pissed off of the fact that I can’t control myself and just go all so caring and loving to her. Unconsciously I had slammed the door and gained peoples’ attention inside the room that was assigned to be our quarters before the party.

 

“Attendance”

Jessica handed me a paper and a pen and I signed it quickly.

 

I dug out the digital camera kept inside my right pocket and start to capture pictures. All were hyped up and chatting loudly while sitting with their group of friends. My eyes searched for my classmates, hoping someone to talk to. Fail. They haven’t arrived yet.

 

“Take a seat for a while, Taeyeon”

One of my teachers patted my shoulder and told me.

 

“Thanks”

I replied with a weak smile.

 

-

 

“Tae, you’re not mad right?”

Tiffany asked me with her cute puppy eyes.

 

I’m mad. Mad of myself. Why couldn’t I just stop feeling this for you? Why?

“No”

 

Then I pretended to fix the cape I was wearing.

 

Why did I let the chance slip out of my hand?

 

-

 

I locked myself in the comfort room and gazed at myself through the mirror. Flashbacks came as if they just happened a while ago.

 

“Tae, I think I’m starting to fall in love with him.

 

Oh, she’s talking about Nickhun. My first best friend in this school.

 

“Then why you’re sad? I thought he likes you too?”

Slowly I find it hard to breathe.

 

“Yes, he does. But he texted me that he’s still not ready to love someone.”

 

“I see.”

Uninterested – that’s how I sounded like.

 

Days passed and I can’t seem to find my way to distance from her. Instead, I grew fonder of her.

Then one day, she asked a question which made my brain debate wildly with my heart.

 My cellphone buzzed as I received a message.

 “Tae, can’t we just be together? Like a couple?”

She’s trying to fool around again.

 

“Haha, you must be in drugs Tiffany Hwang!”

How I’d wish that she really meant it.

 

“Can we?”

She sent three messages containing the same words.

I’m trying to save myself from heartaches, don’t fool around.

I never replied back then, what she just asked was something she didn’t meant. Just a part of her childish scheme.

-

“Danshin, the party is about to start!”

Sooyoung yelled while knocking numerous times, successfully taking me out of my horrible trance.

 

“Be there, Jangshin!”

I said and exited the CR.