Queasy

Consequence of Clumsiness and Lying

     Junmyeon didn't know how to fix broken things, but its not like he was one to break them in the first place. So when he did, he panicked. It's not obvious when he does panic; he usually feels the beads of perspiration dampen his face, his hands twitching in uncontrolled patterns, and what should be words to a proper sentence that were usually expected from him, they would distort to shy stutters as his mind stumbles over confusion. And it was happening right there, in the place where he last expected to be panicking in.

     The trophy looked valuable, considering how polished and clean cut the glass and marble was. It was valuable to Minseok, but why would he let it sit out in the open? Why did it have to be that much closer to the edge than it should be? Anyone- and in this case, Junmyeon- could fall and knock it down.    
     'Put it in a cabinet or something!'
     But he had no time to mentally argue by himself over why Minseok couldn't be more cautious of where he puts his things; he had to think fast before Minseok came back from his classes, before he either breaks down or breaks Junmyeon's bones. Or both.
     After brushing himself off from the ground, he hastily picks the broken peaces from the ground-
     'Thank God that they're not tiny pieces...' He thinks
- and looks for the clearest tape he could find with those pretty eyes of his. When he does, he gets to work right away; placing and taping.
     'This is the most and best precision-based work I've done,' he marvels at himself.
     Nearly thirty minutes pass when he tapes the last piece to the puzzle. It looks kind of cheap when he steps back, the tape blocking the way the light reflects off it, and instead making it look glossy instead of shiny like water in the sun.
     'He won't notice, right? Right...' He reassures himself and puts it back to its original place.

     Five o'clock. It's almost time for Minseok to come home to the apartment. It's almost time to see if he realizes its broken and Junmyeon is keeping secrets from him. Honestly, Junmyeon is scared and anxious, and he's contemplating on whether or not he should go out before Minseok comes home or to stay home and possibly face the consequences. But while he does that, the door opens and in comes the person he is currently afraid of.
     "I'm home, Jun," He sighed exhaustedly. "Did you cook or should I order take out?" He slipped off his shoes and jacket, then walked where the other was sitting at on the couch.
     "I didn't cook, sorry," Junmyeon apologized, but Minseok just brushed it off.
     "Should I order Chinese or pizza? Or something else?"
     "Chinese... Pizza is greasy."
     "Okay... Hey, did you touch my trophy? I walked in and saw that it was a couple of centimeters off of where it should be."

     'Darn you for being such an observant perfectionist, Min.'

     Shaking his head, Junmyeon replied, "No, no. I don't think so. Well, not on purpose, I suppose..."
     "Huh?" Minseok raised an eyebrow in curiosity.
     "What? I said 'no.'"
     Suspicious of Junmyeon, Minseok squinted his eyes and pulled out his phone. "Hmph..."

     Caught up in fright, Junmyeon could not digest the noodles or tofu, nor the wontons in soup well; no wonder its bad to lie.