The Third Friend

The Beauty and the Vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: Warning. Basic storyline, many of the happenings and the characters are the same. Please do remember this when reading the following chapter(s). Those who wanted Onew to appear more in version one may be happy now. Or not. It depends on you, actually. 

A soft knock was heard by sensitive ears, and not much later, a frown formed into a blissful grin.

"He's here!" Taemin exclaimed happily, albeit half asleep as he struggled to get out of Kibum's hold as swiftly as he could, before getting back into his wheelchair. He sighed sadly at the numb feeling in his legs, wishing that he would suddenly be able to use them again. But the boy knew very well that things didn't work that way. Even if there was magic hiding in his blood, it was taking its sweet time to arrive.

Taemin wheeled himself to the door, shaking his head a little to get rid of his dark thoughts. He had to be positive, for Kibum, and for himself.

"You could have come a little earlier, though." he whispered, knowing very well that the person on the other side of the door could hear him clearly. A heartfelt chuckle was his response as he opened the door wide, revealing the figure standing there, lopsided grin on greyish lips.

"Jinki!" Kibum exclaimed from his place on the couch, too tired to actually go and greet his friend. It was just some time after he had arrived home, and he was now wrapped into a thick blanket, lying on the worn piece of furniture.

"At least you should show some effort in greeting me." Jinki snickered, sharp teeth glinting as he briefly patted Taemin's soft brown locks before skipping to the couch and plopping down on it, near where Kibum's head was."Had a rough day at work, huh?" he asked with a small smile as he carefully pulled the other's head on his lap, running his cool fingers through the blond's soft hair.

"Are you even surprised?" Kibum asked with a sigh, letting his eyes flutter shut slowly."One would think that after some time I'd get used to all this attention but...no. I don't even know what's going to happen if I ever get more beautiful."

"Well, I'm sure that then, everyone will want to have you. And this will mean literally no change in anything because well, they are all after you already." Jinki spoke softly, soothingly. Kibum nodded with a small, bitter smile as he knew very well that his friend was right.

"You know...sometimes I'm a little scared that you or Tae will get hurt because of me... " The boy mumbled softly, biting into his lower lip a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter