O2 - Coffee Designs

Chocomuffin's ❝One shot | Drabble room!❞

 

"Can I take your order sir?" A middle aged woman asked as she was ready with a pen to write down his order.

Myungsoo turned around, startled "Oh..umm" he stuttered "I'll take a capuccino"

"Anything else?"

He rubbed his neck "No thank you."


"A cappuccino for table 6!" alerted the woman "I'll take care of it" responded back a young girl. "Thanks~"

--

"Here's your cappuccino."
"Thanks." He smiled back at the woman showing his gratitude. 

Myungsoo put his cold hands around the cup and looked into the very cutely designed cappuccino. It had a very curly 'H' written on with white milk and some chocolate designs around the letter. A smile crept up his face. 

*What is this 'H'?*

He took a sip of the warm coffee and took out his small notebook and his favorite blue pen to jot down a few notes. The first thing he drew, or specifically drew was the 'H' that was drawn on the coffee.

As a writer, he got the immediate instinct to write down random words starting with 'H'...

Hi

Howdy?

Hello

Horns

Hamlet (what even?)

Hankerchief

Hint

Heaven

Hell


The list went on and on, his mind felt like hangman, trying to figure out such a nonsense to entertain himself whilst drinking his coffee.

"Oh stop..." he said to himself, "I'm being carried away now" he let out a small laugh and took another sip.
"No seriously, is it 'H' day?" he asked again

*God you are so weird Myungsoo...*

--

Few days later after his working hours, he came back to the same cafe with his co-worker Lee Sungjong.

"What do you want to drink?" Myungsoo asked
"Americano, how about you?"

He thought for a moment... "I'll take a capuccino"

Sungjong was surprised at his pick "You used to hate Capuccino"

"I know, but I just want to try it again."

Actually, Myungsoo wanted to know if he'd get fooled with another 'H' on his coffee.

"May I serve you?" A different women it was this time.

"Yes, an americano and cappuccino please~" Sungjong responded instead of Myungsoo.

"Alright, Americano and Cappuccino order!!!" The woman had asked her bartenders once again. "Coming~" The same voice was heard in Myungsoo's ears 

"It's the same person?" He muttered

"Who?" Sungjong asked

"Nah nothing..."

--

Few minutes later, the two were presented with their coffees.

"Thanks for the coffee, hyung!" Sungjong rejoiced

Myungsoo replied with a simple, "You're welcome.". He looked at his coffee with anticipation, but this time it was an 'E'.

"HUH?" he exclaimed.

"What now?" Sungjong asked

"There is an 'E'." Myungsoo turned his mug and showed it to Sungjong. "what's that supposed to mean?", "No clue...."

Once again, he took out his notebook where he had written down his 'H' analysis. He wrote a big 'E' next to the 'H'.

"HE?" He said as he tapped the table with his pen.
"Can I help?" Sungjong asked as he sipped his coffee...

"What do you think this means?"

"HE? You?" The maknae made a simple guess

"What else starts with HE?"

"Hello...HELL?" He emphasized on 'HELL'.

"YA!" Myungsoo shouted "I am not that evil!"

"I didn't mean it that waaaay!!" He was frighted at Myungsoo's sudden action.
"No really, what else.."
"Head, headache..." Sungjong continued blabbering whilst Myungsoo kept on scribbling what he was saying... "Hepatitis, Herpes"

"You serious? You're not even a medicine student"
"You told me to say some random words.. blaming you this time!!"

"Herbs, hero, hexagon, ....henry?"

"WO WO WOW~" Myungsoo motioned him to stop. "That was enough."
"You're welcome!"

*What on earth is this?* He asked himself once again.

--

It's been a month since Myungsoo had been visiting this coffee shop, on this special day he decided to go up to the counter and order from that spot for a take away.

"What would you like?" A woman asked
" A small cappucino please"
"Sure, it's 3,500 Won"

Myungsoo already had the money in his hands, he knew the price of the coffee after ordering it 5 times. The woman ordered him to say on the side and wait for the drink to be done.

"A cappuccino take away~" Myungsoo mouthed her words for fun, he felt like he was home because he knew exactly what they were going to say.

"Yes~" A young girl had appeared when the order was said. She went over to the coffee machine ready to make his drink. Myungsoo took a quick peek at the girl, she had long wavy hair and a very small face. She looked very cute to his eyes too. 

Whilst Myungsoo was waiting for his drink, the girl looked at the side looking for someone. As soon as she spotted Myungsoo, she smiled and looked back at her coffee being dispensed by the coffee machine. Luckily she didn't see him looking back at her. 

*Phew, still safe!* she thought to herself.

"Here is your cappuccino," she said as she approached Myungsoo "Be careful, it's very hot"

Myungsoo opened the cap right away and noticed that there was something on the top again. He was right, something was fishy.

"Excuse me?" He tried to get her attention. She turned around and walked back towards the waiting counter, "Yes?"

"I have a question." He leaned on the counter and faced her "Did you make this coffee?"

"Y..yes. Why?"

"Because.." He looked back to open his bag. He took out his notebook and opened to the page which he had folded. "What does this mean?"

He pointed at a page with five large capital letters "H E L L O", he put the notebook down and took out his blue pen. "Then there is this too." He opened his cappuccino cup again and faced the cappuccino to her direction. He drew exactly what was depicted on the cappuccino right next to the 'O'. It was a question mark.

The girl looked startled, "Uhm...."

"Did you do this all along?" He tilted his head 

She nodded carefully, looking into his eyes with nervousness "Why?"

"I just found it cool..." he responded 

"Thanks..." He nodded again "I have to go back to work.."

"It's okay, just give me a few more minutes." He took back his notebook and ripped out a sheet of paper, quickly scribbling down something and handing it over.

"Take it, or I won't leave." he had his arms stretched out in front of her.

She hesitantly took the paper and put it in her jean pocket. "Taken it, now... can you leave?"

"Y...yeah" he was taken aback and turned aroudn ready to leave the coffee shop. He looked back once more looking at that girl with a satisfied smile *maybe I did the right choice!* He walked out the door with a bright smile and texted Sungjong the full story right away...



Meanwhile, the girl silently stepped out of duty to check what the paper was.

She sat down on a bench and immediately reached out for the paper, she unfolded it and found one word 'HE...' Below the big word was a cell phone number and another note 

Just call me soon? Will you? - Myungsoo


The message made her smile from ear to ear, she got out her cellphone and sent a messge to the number he wrote

"HELLO~ this is your cappuccino maker, Naeun"