O1 - Draw Me Your Emotions

Chocomuffin's ❝One shot | Drabble room!❞

 

In the heart of Seoul's biggest park, a girl named Kim Namjoo had sat down on an old green bench which faced Namjoo's favorite sight, the white fountain. It wasn't any typical fountain found elsewhere in the word, the one standing in front of her was her source of inspiration. She loves the sound of the water falling from the very tip of the fountain till the big basin down below. 

As usual, she took out her black sketchbook designed by her dear Na Eun unnie, another fine arts student. She reached out for her bag and searched for her pencil case, putting it on her right side and displaying all the pencils so she could pick them with ease each time. She had picked up her 2B pencil embraced with a shiny yellow design on the outside, her hands moved towards her paper and delicately drew the outline of the fountain. Starting from the very top of the fountain and slowly progressing to the very bottom, just like how the water was flowing downwards. The rough outline with the light graphite marks were completed in a few minutes. She smiled at her rough sketch and toook hold of her sketchbook, stretching her arm out to compare what she had done so far to the original fountain view. 

"Not bad" she muttered.

Next, she picked up a darker shade, 4B pencil. Her hand was carefully calculating the darker areas, moving her hands from one direction to the other and trying to get the right grip for her shades. Namjoo tilted her head, something felt weird. 

"The sun is too bright today," it was the first time she was disappointed, "If it was darker I could add a bigger gradient to the fountain." 

She let loose of her arm, making her hand reach the paper once more. The pencil moved to the outline of the drawing, giving it more detail. She ahd spent another 30 minutes shading with the same pencil, the sketch turned out better and better each second. 

Time was still ticking and she was still drawing her life out just for one piece of architecture. 

"Ah~" she finally lifted her head, closed her eyes as she exposed her face towards the sunshine for a while. She put her 4B pencil back into the pile and stretched her arms as much as possible. Namjoo was looking down too much that she wasn't aware of what was revolving around her at the point. She stretched her neck, first off looking towards her right, then slowly to the left, something had struck her. The young girl froze in place as her eyes got bigger.

*Who…who is this?* she asked herself.

The person in question was sitting to her left, it was a young man. He had his right leg crossing over his left leg with a book wide open blancing on it. Namjoo was still staring at him intensely, he had fascinated her. Few seconds later, he lifted his chin and looked directly towards the front. Namjoo twitched at his action

*Oops, did he see me staring at him?* Namjoo turned around facing the opposite direction.

"Excuse me?" He asked.

She slowly turned around constatly repeating in her head that she was caught. "Yes?"

"Are you okay, miss?"

She froze in place now, her eyes were wide open and couldn't move any further, she only did a simple nod.

He smirked a little "That's good.. I just wanted to say that I liked your drawing"

"Uh…oh!" She felt relieved "Th..thank you." Namjoo bowed from her seat showing her gratitude. A sigh of relief came out of as she straightened her back to her normal seating position.

Not knowing what was going on, the young man lifted an eyebrow and glanced at her again.

*Did I do something wrong now? She's getting suspicious.

The bench area was getting awkward and Namjoo kept having to peer to her left making sure that she wasn't making assumptions for herself. She flipped to her next page of her sketchbook and took her 2B pencil in her right hand, deciding to move back into drawing. Since she had already drawn her favorite fountain, a new focus point was needed. Her head was moving from side to side but the only thing she could possibly think of was…

*Oh gosh….*

Her body moved facing to her left side, looking right at the young man. She bit her lip and quietly started to sketch him as she resumed reading, till then he didn't even notice her drawing himself. The pencil marked his facial features first, starting from his eyes, nose, mouth, chin….

A light smile crept on her face as she drew on the paper and kept looking at him as well.

His book was closed delicated with his hands and he crossed his legs but with the opposite leg this time. He looked at her drawing again in front of him, she had her face buried into the paper, busily shading in and making rouch pencil graphite sounds. 

"That's a nice drawing you're doing there" He complimented her. 

She looked up, surprised "Thanks!" She flashed an eye smile and resumed drawing.  He smiled as well whilst she not facing him

*She's quite a good artist* he thought.

Since he knew what Namjoo was doing, he went back into his reading position letting her continue with her portrait. He was actually impatient to know how the drawing would turn out as well.

"DONE!" The feminine voice yelled out. Namjoo put her pencil down and breathed out. She ripped the page out of her book with delicacy and tried to match up the young man and the picture one next to the other.

Her unique laugh made him lift up his head and look at her "How does it look?"

"Wait wait!" She motioned and begged "Stay in that reading pose please~" 

She examined it once again and shrugged "Not bad~ You can sit up now. Thank you!"

He sat up and took the drawing from her hands, examining it carefully and looking at the detailed pencil marks she had made. "Looks alike," he nodded and looked at her "You're a good drawer"

"Thank you" He handed her back the drawing and let her admire her latest masterpiece.

"Do you want this drawing?" She asked

"Excuse me?"

"You can take this drawing with you." She said again.

"Oh… are you okay with that?"

Namjoo smiled and nodded at the same time..

"Then do me a favor" he stated.

"What is it?" Namjoo asked as he tilted her head.

"Sign the drawing." He flashed his smile back to her and took out a black ink pen. She took the ink pen and did her fancy teenager-like signature on the bottom right side of the drawing.

"Here it is." She handed the drawing and the pen back to him.

"Kim Nam Joo?" He asked

"Yes, that's me." 

"Well…" He kept on looking at the drawing, "I almost forgot! I'm Yook Sung Jae" He presented his hand in front of her for a handshake. Namjoo gladly accepted it and shook his hand with a bright smile.

Sungjae slowly stood up taking his book from the bench "I'm afraid I have to go."

"Aww, what a pity!" She pouted, "I could've drawn more for you!" 

Both laughed at her sudden saying 

"I'm sure you can draw more soon!"

"I will!"

"Promise?"

"Promise!" Namjoo put out her pinky finger willing to make the 'promise' with him. But she wasn't sure when she would ever see this model-like figure again.

 

❧-------❧

 

A year had passed and Namjoo was now a university freshman. Despite being filled with a busy campus schedule, she would always try to find some time to go back to her 'memories'. The very first thing that would come into mind is most definitely the Seoul Park.

"Hmm~" she smelled the fresh air whilst closing her eyes "I missed this place a lot!" She spinned around on the path enjoying the summer breeze once more. 

Her right hand was sustaining the weight of her sketchbook, the book she had last year had been filled up with her magical pencil sketches and now it was time to start off a new book.

The footsteps headed towards a small food stall. It was too hot, and yet it was too hot an ice cream, so she gave up on her ice cream plan and went for a cold lemonade.
She stood next to a tall well-built man who was waiting in line as well.

*He looks a bit familiar* she thought, his side profile looked aufully familiar to her eyes

"Aish babo Namjoo! Don't think!" She said to herself as she hit her head 

The young man turned around to Namjoo with a 'what?' face.

"Did you just say Namjoo?" He asked

"I..I...?" She stuttered "I..yes.. why?"

He turned his body around this time, fully facing her "You look so familiar."

"Do...I?"

"Yes you do," he nodded "Do you remember a certain "Yook Sung Jae?"

Namjoo rested her hand on her chin, making the thinking pose "Yes I do, I think that was last summer."

"Well I remember you from last summer as well" He replied back with no hesitation.

She was stunned, did he just say 'last summer?', "Do you mean..." she paused "You are....?"

"Correct!" It was Sungjae, he flashed a very big smile at her "It's me Sungjae, the one you drew a sketch of"

"NO WAY!" Namjoo couldn't help but smile. "I...Oh my gosh!" She attacked Sungjae with a friendly bear hug

. . . .

"I..." she stepped back and scratched her head "I...I..."

Sungjae held onto her shoulders and looked deeply into her eyes "It's okay, trust me" Namjoo's cheeks flushed red for the first time, she had never felt this feeling of love... never.

"Excuse me, here is your lemonade" called out the man at the stall.

Sungjae looked at the man and took his hands off Namjoo's shoulders, "Sorry, here is the money."

 

❧-------❧
 

"So I guess the promise has been made?" Sungjae said. Both of them sat exactly on the same spot and same place but it was a year ago.
Namjoo took a sip of her lemonade "Not really.."
"Why?" Sungjae tilted his head.
"I still have to draw you."

"Ah..." Sungjae sighed "Can't believe I forgot that part. I was too busy thinking about you.. that's why."

She was shocked "Pardon?"

"Nothing... hey.. I have an idea." Sungjae suddenly thought up of something.

"What is it?"

"I will draw you rather than you drawing me?"

"Why is that?" She asked with curiosity.

"Because I just do, pass me your sketchbook." He asked her to pass over the A4 sized sketchbook which Namjoo had recently bought.
"Please don't ruin the book, I just bought it today." She was being too cautious this time.

"Don't worry, you'll like what I draw." Sungjae took the yellow coated 2B pencil from Namjoo's pencilcase and positioned himself in a good position read to draw Namjoo. He sat on the bench with his legs crossed, facing Namjoo, just like what had happened a year ago.

"I remember you always started off with the eyes..." He drew two lines in the shape of eyebrows on the page. 

Namjoo let out a laugh "You still remember how I drew your portrait!"

"Of course!" He laughed along drawing at the same time. "Now..."
Sungjae thought for a moment....

*Oh crud... it's the nose, then the mouth, then face??? No maybe the face shape first then.*

"I'll draw your face shape.."

"You don't have to tell me your every step!" She retorted 

"This is my drawing style~" He shrugged and pulled a 'I don't know' expression which caused Namjoo to have a second short laughing fit.

For thr face shape, he decided to accentuate on Namjoo's V-Line. A very sharp yet soft V was draw below the eye brow marks...

"You know.. I'm nearly done!" He told her
"Already?" She was shocked "Like... don't tell me you drew me like a snowman..."

"It's too hot to draw a snowman, miss Namjoo!"

"I'm sorry~ just saying!"

"Well show me now!!!" Namjoo was getting to impatient, but still half anticipating and half worried about what he would show.

The new drawer had now finished everything up, he quickly scribbled down on the page, ready to show her.
He slowly turned the sketchbook around so that Namjoo could see what he had drawn for her.

Namjoo could see a very simplistic drawing, something that everyone could draw. It was a shape of a heart taking over half of the page with the name 'Kim Nam Joo' written in the center of the drawing.

"What do you think?" He asked.

She was still stunned, "What is this?"

"The top, two semi circles were the eye brows, and then then bottom curve is your v-line face shape. And I wrote your name in the middle because it's 'you'" he simply explained whilst pointing at the drawing..

"I mean.. it.. looks different to me..."

"Really?" He tilted his head trying to hide the true meaning behind it.

"I see a heart." She bluntly said, her eyes were stilled fixed on the page.

"It is a heart."

Namjoo was speechless, she had absolutely nothing to say. Was he kidding? Was he saying the truth? Is this a confession? Just fooling around?

She kept quiet but finally let out a few words "I...I..."
"Pardon?" Sungjae started to play around with her a little.
"I... I love-" She was cut off by Sungjae's lips on hers. She wanted to close her eyes but she couldn't, the shock was still going through her whole body.

Sungjae pulled back and stared deeply into her eyes "Now do you get it?"

Namjoo nodded and gave Sungjae a second bear hug, but a hug which was as warm as the summer. "I do get it."


Written out of boredom, my friend just gave me a plot and I wrote this down ><
Gahhh it a little... I think... lol

Hope you liked reading this