fluff and minor crack

the young and the useless

I'm sorry for the late update! It seems as I really am only able to update on weekends. T_T 


 

 

 

It’s been almost three weeks and counting since Jongin had last spoken to Sehun. And what Sehun didn’t realize was how much it could affect him in—well—everything. He’s had sleepless nights, and possible heart attacks every time he sees the gorgeous tanned boy dance his heart away during ballet class. And yet, he’s had countless of times of having to deal with his heart tightening as he sees Jongin avoid him at all costs. And Sehun decides it’s time to put an end to this childish behavior of his.

 

“Chen, what do you think I should do?” Sehun says, almost desperately crying.

 

“Well, for starters,” Chen says, taking a sip of his drink, “you could stop banging your head on the wall.”

 

“Oh, you. I’m dramatic like that.” Sehun says, before facing Chen. “But seriously, any clue?”

 

“Well, he’s probably running away from you because one, he confessed. Two, he kissed you. Three, he thinks you don’t feel the same way. Four, you chased him and ended up falling down the sta—“

 

“OKAY OKAY I GET IT IM A DOUCHE.”

 

And Chen blinks. “Yeah, basically.”

 

“Why did I even ask you for help?” Sehun groans.

 

“Okay, okay.” Chen says, hands raised, “I’ll be serious now, oka—OW! Hey, you do NOT hit a person who’s trying to help you!”

 

“Okay, fine. Go. Tell me what your ‘brilliant’ advice is.” Sehun rolls his eyes nonchalantly.

 

“It’s a brilliant plan. And you will do as I say.” Chen smirks. And Sehun thinks he might just regret this.

 

 

 

 

“The first kiss stole the breath of my lips, why did the last one teaaaaaaar us apart?” Jongin sings as he blasts his speakers, drowning the room in Kids in Love by Mayday Parade—his favorite band so far.

 

He’s rocking, air guitaring, and finally lying down on his bed, breathing heavily as he closes his eyes. His fingers find its way towards his plump, red lips and he smiles, remembering the times his lips had met Sehun’s. And at the same time, his face falls, regretting the confession.

 

He doesn’t like me like I like him. Jongin says, as if he was absolutely and most positively sure of it. He raises the volume to its maximum, as his ipod and speakers blast away to more songs by Mayday Parade.

 

 

“Hey, kiddo, I’m ho—what the happened to you?” Joonmyun says, entering the room only to be greeted by an almost lifeless Jongin, sprawled on his bed, face down. He notices that Jongin remains oddly silent and rushes towards him, grabbing the tanned boy’s broad shoulders before shaking it violently and rapidly, “OH MY GOODNESS DON’T TELL ME YOURE DEAD NOOOO JONGIN NOOOO NOOOOO, DEAR ANGELS, HE’S TOO YOUNG TO DIE DONT TAKE HIM AWAY NOOOOOOOOO—“

 

“What the are you talking about. I’m wide awake.” Jongin says, plainly, staring poker-faced at his panicked brother. “I was sleeping. Thanks for waking me up, moron. I mean, hyung.” Jongin rolls his eyes, earning him a thump on the head from the older.

 

“YAH! Be glad I worry and care about your death!”

 

“There is a difference between sleeping and dying.”

 

“YOU SCARED ME! THAT WASN’T FAIR!” Joonmyun whines.

 

“I wonder, at times like these, why you are the older one.” Jongin rolls his eyes, “Just chill, hyung. I’m just not having a good day, that’s all.”

 

“Awwww, my little dongsaengieeee~” Joonmyun chirps, wrapping his arms around the younger one, while patting his head, “Care to tell hyungiee~? I can kiss your boo-boos goodbye!”

 

Jongin’s eyes grow wide, and instinctively, he pushes himself out of Joonmyun’s grasp, but fails to do so as the older one securely tightens the hug even more.

 

“Don’t try to resist, little KkamJong~” Joonmyun coos, “now, tell hyung what happened.”

 

And Jongin sighs, rolling his eyes. “Yah, hyung, I’m not a little kid anymore. And quit calling me Kkamjong!” He whines, “I’m not that dark.” And he pouts.

 

“What kind of sixteen year old still does that, huh, kkamjongie?” Joonmyun a brow at him. “See? Still the little jongiebear I know and looooooooove!”

 

“YAH, hyuuuung~” Jongin complains, struggling within his brother’s grip before sighing in defeat. “Fine. It’s just that I haven’t spoken to Sehun in three weeks. I’ve been avoiding him actually.”

 

“And why have you? Don’t you like him?” Joonmyun tilts his head, slightly loosening his grip, as Jongin gasps for air he’s practically been deprived off.

 

“I do. But I’m pretty sure he doesn’t like me, okay.”

 

“How sure are you? Because I think he does.”

 

“He doesn’t.”

 

“He does.”

 

“He doesn’t.”

 

“He does.”

 

“He doesn’t.”

 

“He doe—“

 

“OKAY I GET IT. I STILL THINK HE DOESN’T. GAH. HYUNG DO YOU THINK YOU’RE HELPING RIGHT NOW?” Jongin yells, his fingers through his hair, pushing away from his brother. And Joonmyun sighs before getting up and heading towards the door.

 

“Yah, hyung, where’re you going?”

 

“I’m going to actually go and help.” He replies, back facing a confused Jongin, as he walks out the door.

 

Dafaq did he mean by that?

 

“Yah, Kim Jongdae!” Sehun yells in a whisper, “I don’t want to go through with this plan!”

 

“Yah, call me Chen! Not my real name!” Chen shouts back, “Besides, you said you’d follow me, right? So go do this!” He pushes Sehun out of a bush, and Sehun turns to rebut but is greeted by a flying guitar.

 

“ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME WITH A GUITAR?!”

 

“SHH! Keep your voice down! He might hear us!”

 

“How sure are you this is even his house?” Sehun says.

 

“I have my ways.” Chen simply replies.

 

Sehun rolls his eyes. “Do I really have to?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“But—“

 

“No buts, now go on little guitarist.” Chen says, waving his hand.

 

And Sehun sighs. Here goes nothing.

 

 

 

 

Jongin stays in his room for the rest of the night, by his desk, glancing every now and then at the view from his window beside him. He sighs, knitting his brows as he finds trouble answering the math homework Ms. Kwon had given them.

 

“Damnit,” He tells himself, “I don’t get anyting at all.” He sighs, before opening his window to let the cool November breeze enter.

 

“I bet Sehun would know how to solve this.” He sighs, telling himself that, remembering the boy he’s so dearly missed. And how much he is so desperate to hear his voice once more and—

 

Suddenly he hears a strumming guitar. He double-checks his iPod—which was still attached to his speakers—to make sure that it was off. And it was. His eyebrows furrow and he hears it coming from the window. So he slowly and cautiously peeks out only to be met by a familiar figure and that nostalgic voice.

 

(click here x)

I’ve played the field, the game, the park, the arcade.

I use my style and the pick up lines and every cliché,

Just to find someone like you, just to find someone like you.

I’ve played my cards, and stayed at the top of my game,

I can sing along to every word of Mayday Parade,

Just to find someone like you, just to find someone like you.

 

Tell me what it feels like,

Being in my heart and the center of my eye.

Tell me what it feels like,

To know someone who cares.

Tell me what it feels like,

Being in my heart and always on my mind,

Tell me what it feels like,

To know someone who cares.”

 

Jongin squeals with delight, enjoying every bit of the song, and Sehun who played, sang, and locked eyes with him all through out the serenade. And of course, the Mayday Parade reference was definitely the hook, line, and sinker.

 

He rushes down the stairs, and out the door, not bothering to place a sweater over his tank top (because it was nearly ten degrees outside).

 

He sees Sehun, waiting for him, smiling. He opens his mouth to speak, but is immediately cut off by the latter.

 

“Jongin ah.” Sehun starts, “You’ve avoided me for these past weeks. And I never got to respond to your little confession.”

 

And Jongin’s heart races.

 

“I like you too.” Sehun smiles sincerely at him.

 

And Jongin’s heart expands.

 

“I also hope you liked the song. A little birdie told me you were fond of Mayday Parade, hence the little reference there. It’s my favorite band too, by the way. ”

 

And Jongin’s heart explodes.

 

He says nothing more, and instead, wraps the paled boy in his arms. “Thank you, Sehun.” He smiles sincerely. They stare into each other’s eyes. The silence is comforting. It’s relaxing. It’s—

 

“Yah, just kiss already. Jeez.” Chen shouts, startling the two boys, as he comes out from the bushes, “It’s not exactly warm outside here.”

 

Sehun turns back to Jongin, “Yah, don’t wear tanks on nights like this! You could catch a cold!” And Jongin chuckles.

 

“Come on,” Sehun sighs, taking his hand into Jongin’s, “Let’s have hot coco at my place, okay?”

 

 

 

 

The doorbell rings, continuously, as Luhan hastily removes his apron and wipes his hands on a cloth before running towards the doorbell.

 

Damnit, I was just about to place my cookies on the oven.

 

“Hello, is Luhan ho—oh, it’s you.” 

 

And Luhan’s angelic face turns into a smirking devil. “Long time no talk, Suho-ssi.

 

“Yah, stop calling me that.”

 

“Fine. Come on in, Joonmyun.” Luhan rolls his eyes, as Joonmyun enters. He closes the door abruptly and Joonmyun turns towards him. “So,” Luhan begins, “What brings you here to my lovely, humble abode?”

 

Lovely and humble abode? Tch. More like evil lair.” Joonmyun rolls his eyes.

 

“Seriously though, why are you here?”

 

“Your little brother is giving my little brother love problems.” Joonmyun says, adding a glare at the end.

 

“Your little brother?” Luhan tilts his head, thinking, before jolting, “Ah! Kim Jongin?”

 

“Yes, Jongin.”

 

And Luhan’s eye grow wide. “YOUR BROTHER IS JONGIN?! But he’s so nice and so angelic and so manly and so…” Luhan says, before adding a sardonic grin, “not like you.” He chuckles lightly.

 

“YAH! I am every bit manly and angelic and nice! You’re the devil in desguise!”

 

“Aww, come on, Joonmyun,” Luhan coos, “can’t you just quit holding that grude of yours?” He closes the distance between them, raising his finger, poking at the other’s chest as he says, “It’s not very healthy, you know.” He tils his head, staring innocently at Joonmyun, “you could die soon.”

 

“YAH! Don’t wish me death! THAT’S RUDE!”

 

“Relax, Joonmyun,” Luhan pats his shoulder, “It was just a doll.”

 

JUST A DOLL?!” Joonmyun shouts, “IT WAS MY FAVORITE LIMITED EDITION DISCO DANCING BARBIE ON ROLLER SKATES!”

 

Luhan blinks. “And?”

 

AND?! YOU KNEW IT WAS MY FAVORITE TOY!”

 

“Grow up, Joonmyun. We were five then, okay.”

 

“I DON’T CARE YOU BROKE IT! YOU PROMISED!”

 

“How childish could you be?” Luhan scoffs.

 

“Me? Childish?! I bet you still have that little light bulb oven of yours!”

 

And Luhan’s eyes turn cold and his face, red with anger. Yep. It was his turn to explode now.

 

“YAH THAT WAS A ONE OF A KIND BARBIE OVEN BAKING TOASTER SET! IT IS NOT  A LITTLE LIGHT BULB OVEN.”

 

And Joonmyun’s turn to scoff. “See? CHILDISH. CHILD. ISH.”

 

And their argument continues, until eventually, they find themselves on opposite corners of the living room. Luhan, holding a disco Barbie doll in his hand, and Joonmyun holding a Barbie oven in his. 

 

“Make one more move, and this Barbie’s precious head is coming off.” Luhan threatens.

 

“Yeah, well, make one more move and this oven’s light bulb is coming off.” Joonmyun smirks, as he sees Luhan’s jaw drop.

 

“You wouldn’t—“

 

“Oh, yes. Yes, I would.”

 

“Being serious now, aren’t we?”

 

And there is an awkward silence that fills the room as the two boys stare each other down. It’s a stand off. It has officially begun.

 

Just in time, Sehun walks in, with Jongin—hand in hand—and Chen who trails behind them. They are put to a halt as they see the situation.

 

“Luhan hyung?”

 

“Joonmyun hyung?”

 

Jongin and Sehun both say at the same time. “What’s going o—“

 

“Not now, Sehun. I’m about to turn this Barbie into an ugly piece of plastic .”

 

“You wouldn’t.” Joonmyun glares even more.

 

“Watch me.” Luhan smirks.

 

“WAIT!” Joonmyun yells, before giving off a sardonic grin. “Why don’t you wait and watch me trash this little oven into smitherines?”

 

And Luhan’s jaw drops once more.

 

Their argument resumes, and Chen taps both Sehun and Jongin on the shoulders.

 

“What’s going on?” He asks.

 

“Well, that’s Joonmyun hyung, my older brother.” Jongin states, and Sehun seems rather shocked. “And I guess he and Luhan hyung have some history together which is probably why they’re fighting. Although I don’t understand why they threaten each other with Barbie accessories.”

 

And Chen merely replies, “Well, I don’t seem so weird any more now, do I?”

 

 

 


Yeap. Yeah. This is my update for the week! Well, weekend. Lol. I hope you all enjoyed this one! And I do apologize for only updating once a week. I try to update on weekdays, but it just doesn't fit in my schedule. School's been such a . ._. 

Anyways, thank you to the new subscribers for reading this! Please comment! I love reading your thoughts and critiques on my fic! Thank you all for putting up with this nonsense-filled fic. .____________. By the way, if you were wondering, the song Sehun sang for Jongin was "Smile Bright by Letters and Lights" and yes, I am a fan of theirs. And yes, I freaking love Mayday Parade. <3 

Til next time, loves! 

xxxxxxxxx
-blindedbydaylight