Angst Tutorial (at last)

B O O M B O X

okay no one comment *sobs in the corner*

anyway i will teach you how to make a poster from the previous chapter. here it goes~ i'm not using any texture don't worry. (well just one e u e)

 

1. Get your base ready, you know how right? just click File > New. The size of the canvas is 500 x 600 or whatever you want. Color the canvas(# 7f7171) with the Paint Bucket tool.

2. Open your character image! It doesn't matter who is it. Oh and your stock image too. Before Blending, you had to adjust the brightness of your character. So go to Image > Adjustments > Curves to adjust your characters's brightnesses. And theeeen click your character layer image then go back to Image > Adjustments then choose Gradient Map to turn your character image into Black and White. Repeat this step with your other chara and stocks!

3. NOW IT'S TIME TO BLEND. Use whatever method you want. I'm using Layer Mask to blend my character. It's easier that way. And you can use a white brush to fix the.. uhh.. blend? lol. Then change all of the image's blend mode to Hardlight <3

4. Make a New Layer (Ctrl+N) and color it with Black. Go to Filter > Render > Clouds and you will have clouds everywhere. Ayy don't worry we will fix it soon. Just turn the blend more to Screen and Boo! You can see your characters's face again! e u e and it will be more nice if you take your kawaii Eraser and lower the opacity a bit then erase the clouds on their face or on the place that you don't want to be covered by the clouds!

5. Coloring time! Click the Black and White thingy on the corner and choose Gradient Map. Click on the Gradient and a window will pop out like this~

Then choose the gradient that has three color on it. Enter this code : # E50000,# 4A8FC6, # E2D893.

Click Okay and your poster will look something like this : 

Gahh the color was too freaking bright! Leggo fix that! Change the Blend mode into Color Burn with Opacity 63 and Fill 63. Whew~

6. Click the BlackWhite thingy again (you'll be using that a lot at this tuto) and choose Channel Mixer! Use this settings :

Change the blend mode into Multiply with opacity : 66 and Fill : 71

7. Click again the BW thingy and choose Curves to brighten up the poster!

Point 1 : Output : 34 Input :17

Point 2 : Output : 190 Input : 121

Point 3 : Output : 227 Input : 166

It will look something like this :

8. Click the BW thingy and choose Photo Filter! The Filter is Warming Filter (81) and Density : 25.   

    

Click Okay. And then choose again Photo Filter by clicking the BW thingy. This is my settings.

9. Okay now that the coloring is done, Hide all the coloring Layer (from Gradient to Photo Filter) Press CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + E on your keyboar d to make a copy of your graphic. 

Then change the Blend mode to Overlay with opacity 75 and now you can unhide all your coloring layer~

10. And now you can add your text and credit! and oh i'm using rip book texture by yunhe@LJ. Put it whetever you want, change the Blend mode to  Multiply and select  Magic Wand tool  to select the rip effect ( . w . ) Copy it and Paste! orz i'm bad at explaining this.

(^lol the name of the text isn't Hand of Sean but Ibleum)

11. (If you want you can skip this) Choose  Filter > Other > High Pass.  The Radius is 1.0 px and click okay. Change  the Blend mode into  Linear Light with Opacity   53 and Fill 34 or whatever you want! It depens on you.

Other Sample using this tuto :

 

DONE! WOHOOO AT LAST I'M MAKING A TUTORIAL. I know i'm explaining like but i hope you like the tutorial! If you had a question just ask meh. And and lemme know if you try this tuto :3