Chapter 1

El Dorado

 

The mild winds were swaying the large pirate ship lightly, dragging Flight across the rolling waves.

It was a Friday at night time; the only day when Flight would casually take out the ale from the cellar they either created or bought and have a huge celebration on board while being under the dim moonlight.

Flight's crew assembled on the polished deck and sat in a large circle with a jug of around a dozen fireflies in the center. Grabbing the alcohol and cups, they poured each other's ale while every one had ripped off a rather large piece of bread from the kitchen pantry to accompany this occasion.

"Cheers!" The crew lifted their tankards in the air and quickly dragged it back down, dropping the cup's liquid into their thirsty mouths while some spilt a few drops of the yellow fluid down their chins.

Kris, being the ship's captain for eight years running, came over with a lit lantern and huffed an annoyed look. "How could you guys start without me?" He laughed.

They spreaded until a space was made for the captain to sit and join the celebration. He put down the lantern beside the fire bugs and began to take out the loaf of bread he had also taken from the kitchen.

"Captain! Guess what happened today?" An overly excited eighteen year old boy that sat beside Kris, Oh Sehun, excitedly flailed while taking small bites out of the bread in his left hand.

"What is it Sehun?"

"I-I found out that a large city is ahead of us! We can get there in about sixteen hours!" The maknae grinned.

"That's wonderful news," Kris put his hand in the boy's hair, ruffling it earnestly while laughing. "I'm glad you're our navigator! Let's give a hand to the lad, Oh Sehun!"

Everyone cheered loudly on the ship, including Kris while the guy beside him manly hugged him at the side while grinding his knuckles on Sehun's head. 

After the cheery attitude slightly calmed down, Kris proceeded to talk once again. "Okay guys, let's talk about what fun or cool things we have done this week again, shall we? Let's start with you Chanyeol. What did you do?"

The circle usually started with the same question every Friday. Everyone was always so hyped up to start telling everyone what exciting or something exhilarating that happened to them.

The boy, Chanyeol, had dark blonde locks that was naturally curly. He was almost as tall as Kris making him one of the tallest members on board. He, however, was only twenty, turning twenty-one soon.

"Remember when we got off the ship a few days ago to the strange island full of monkeys and other exotic animals?" Chanyeol began.

Everyone nodded.

"Okay, so, I went somewhere else close to the nice white sanded beach and found this," Chanyeol pulled out a light peach conch-like shell (about the size of his palm) from his adventure bag and showed the crew. "I believe it's a Lightning Whelk though it's rather big to be one."

A brunette crew member reached out his hand to the . "Ooh! Can I see it Channie? Can I?"

"Sure Baekhyun! Just don't break it," the boy chuckled while handing the other the elegant shell.

"Hwah!" Baekhyun was amazed at how the texture of the whole shell was unbelievably smooth as if it was worn down by the light sand. Chanyeol tilted his head and looked at how Baekhyun was so amused by this unoccupied "shell" he just picked up on a whim a few days ago.

"Baek, just keep it. You look like you're having a lot of fun with it anyway," Chanyeol smiled widely.

"I... Thank you Chanyeol."

"No problem," the two of them exchanged wide smiles throughout the whole session while the others groaned at the amount of lovey-dovey aura was surrounding them.

Everyone stuck their tongue out and began to make fake gagging noises. Baekhyun smacked everyone around him on the head and shifted his back, making to straight while sitting.

"How about you, Jongdae? Anything cool happened lately?" Kris asked the one named Kim Jongdae. Some people on the ship call him "Chen" ever since no one but Kris could remember his name.

"Nothing really," he coolly replied back to the captain.

"Looks like someone doesn't want to tell us something!" Chanyeol smirked.

"I'm serious, there was nothing interesting."

Sehun clicked his tongue at Jongdae. "What a party pooper."

"I heard that!"

"Alright everyone! Let's go to... Luhan! So, what special thing happened this week to you?" Kris asked the other.

His name was Xi Luhan. He had blonde hair and brown highlights. The boy was one of the crew's kindest individuals. Though being the nicest, he was the most oblivious. Oh Sehun had a thing for the other ever since Luhan joined Flight two years ago.

"What did I do? Let's see... When you guys were off the other island we docked at where there was a apparently a load of treasure, I found the chocolate bar I lost a year ago."

The crew stared at Luhan with held breaths.

"... I didn't eat it."

They all exhaled loudly through their mouths and laughed loudly, filling the boat with cackles and coughs.

 

After the celebration which lasted until 1:00 AM, the two cabin boys cleaned up the spilt ale and bread crumbs that were left on the floor while the rest of the crew left to their beds.

One of the cabin boys were Baekhyun. He was abandoned by his parents five years ago and was found by Kris on an island they were visiting. The other was named Yixing. Kris found Yixing with Baekhyun so he took him in also. Everyone either calls him Lay (since it's easier to say) or Yixing. Both Baekhyun and Yixing are the same age; twenty years old.

"Ah~ I'm so tired," Yixing pouted and stopped wiping the floors to take a short breather.

"It's okay! I'll take over your area then," Baekhyun lifted Lay to his feet.

He yawned and handed his bucket full of  polish to Baekhyun. "Thank you Baek! I'll repay you tomorrow when we get to the island."

The other waved at the back of Lay and began to wash his part of the deck.

 

It was the start of day and everyone was up and about the main deck, looking over the seas in search for the island Sehun was talking about.

"Holy hell! I've been looking for hours and still no island or any nearby ships! What the hell Sehun!" Chanyeol growled.

"It's there! I know it! We just have to keep on out course and we'll reach it," the maknae gave the giant a telescope.

Chanyeol looked into the magnifying device and blankly looked around. "I don't see ."

"Obviously! Have some patience you crack addict!"

"I'm not a crack addict you baby-faced moron!"

Kris glanced over to the two fighting and sauntered over. "Shut up you two and stop fighting already! Let's trust Sehun's judgment and if it doesn't pop up, you can yell at him for getting your hopes up."

"Y-Yes Captain," Chanyeol bowed to Kris and slapped Sehun's back twice, hard. "Let's wait 'till then!"

Sehun walked towards the crew cabin, rubbing his back trying to reduce the pain.

 


A/N: That concludes chapter one. I know it was really short and I'm going to dedicate the next chapter to Kris, I promise!. Good bye! A big thanks to the subscribers! I hope you comment about this chapter and maybe a little bit of critism? Thank you again for reading!