He wants to be the only special one

Resonance
Please log in to read the full chapter

The audition day

 

“Why aren’t you nervous?”

Jongin pats the spot beside him on the floor and the tall girl gladly sits in it while lets out a deep sigh.

“Who says I am not?”

The girl, Jinri (who is one of his classmates in the acting class but they are not really speak to each other until they learn that they both will audition for the play), shows him her sweaty hands.

“You don’t seem too. You’re not sweating or jumpy.”   She points out to some of their classmates and some of the seniors who look like little lambs going to butchery by accident.

Jongin chuckles, but he replies anyway. “That’s does not mean I am not nervous.” He smiles at Jinri and adds, “Maybe I do this a lot of time already. I have mastered the act of poker face.”

Jinri smiles back and he can see that she is calming down a little bit. “Thanks.” She offers him a bottle of water from her backpack; he thanks her and gulps the water down his throat.

Jongin is not lying. He is nervous.

But not because of his own audition, but because he had promised Taemin, the head of the drama club, that he will bring someone who may be suitable for the role of the traveler.

And he has not seen Sehun. Not after he left the room in the morning for his morning class. They have different schedules all day so he told him to come to the audition to support him. One thing that Jongin was so sure yesterday would be the only reason Sehun would come.

Jongin chews his nail, suddenly his stomach churns. He may be wrong, he may not be as important as he thinks he is to Sehun.

Jinri is taking her position on the stage. Jongin is certain she’s getting the part. Regardless her constant nervousness, the girl is an excellent dancer. Jongin smiles at her, ensuring that he’ll be there to support.

Maybe she stays to support me, too.

He closes his eyes, suddenly his heart aches. Why this kid’s

Please log in to read the full chapter