Behind the scenes: the making of "Blue"

Behind the scenes: the making of "Blue"

 

"Where were you?!"

 

I felt a palm slap me across the face. My face was forced to the side, burning with pain. I rubbed my cheek, hoping the pain would go away. I looked at my girlfriend, Nora. She had an angry look on her face.

 

"This is the fifth time you came home late without a call or text telling you would be late!"

 

"Nora..." I started. 

 

"Don't Nora me!" She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms as she began to pace back and forth, not losing eye contact. "Where were you?! Your schedule that you posted on the fridge says you finish at 11pm! It's 4am!"

 

"Nora!" I snapped. "When YG has Big Bang make a music video, we usually stay late for lyric memorization and such! I've told you this."

 

She stared at me like there were lobsters crawling out of my pants. Then it looked like there were flames in her eyes. 

 

"Looks like your bed.......IS THE COUCH!"

 

She stormed off into our bedroom, where I see pillows fly onto the floor. Man.....she's serious. I sighed a sigh of defeat and snatched the pillows, placing them nicely on the couch. I looked around the couch for a blanket, but none was nearby. 

 

"I NEED A BLANKET!" I yelled at Nora, who threw a blanket at me, covering my whole head. 

 

I struggled to get the blanket off my head, but I tripped over it, falling to the floor with a loud THUD.

 

"LOSE SOME WEIGHT FAT !" I heard her yell. 

 

I growled under the blanket. I'm not fat! I lost a lot since I was younger! I think I look good! I finally was able to escape the blanket's death trap and shoved it on the couch. Could this get worse?

 

 

....................................................

 

My phone vibrated under my pillow. I groaned, searching for it. My back ached from the couch. My arms were slept on, so they were numb. My joints burned with pain....all thanks to sleeping on the couch. 

 

I found my phone and answered it,

 

"mmm....hello?" I sleepily said. 

 

"TOP......it's GD. YG wants us to start the music video now. Come on up to the top of the building. Out man."

 

I heard the phone click on the other line. I tried my best to straighten up as I stood up from the couch, changing my clothes without waking up Nora and leaving the apartment without  a sound.

 

 

.......................................................

 

 

I yawned. I stretched my aching arms. Only source of warmth was my bright red jacket on the cold rooftop. I rubbed my eyes as I looked straight ahead, where I saw the rest of my group. Seungri, Daesung, Taeyang, and GD. They all stood up and greeted me once they saw me. 

 

"Hey man!" Seungri slammed his hand into mine in a bro shake. 

 

"Hey TOP." Daesung said as he patted my back. 

 

"Sup." Taeyang gave me a small salute. 

 

"Aye yo man! GD said as he pulled me into a man hug. 

 

"Hey guys........" I slowly said as i went and sat down on one of the vents on the rooftop. I looked towards the ground. All I could think about was Nora and I's fight.

 

"Aye man.....here's some cocoa. YG didn't show up yet. But here, relax before the vid." 

 

I saw GD as he handed me a cup of cocoa. 

 

"What's wrong? You aren't your silly self."

 

I looked around. The other members were talking to some backstage crew and themselves. It was safe to talk to GD alone. 

 

"Nora....." I sighed. "She's frustrated that I keep coming home later than I say I would."

 

"But it's not our fault. She knows it's our job, right?!" GD asked. 

 

"She does! I guess......." I cleared my throat, holding back a few trembles in my voice

 

"I just......never thought she would get mad at me."

 

I sipped my hot cocoa, waiting for our filming to begin on the rooftop. My muscles were stiff, trying to get some heat from the bitter cold.

 

"Aye man, it's just a small fight. She'll get over it." GD said as he crouched next to me, patting my back. "Fights happen."

 

"But GD...." I looked around me, making sure no one was looking. "I've never had a girlfriend before. This is my first time........"

 

 

GD's eyes grew wide, but immediately shrank down to normal as he chuckled, white puffs coming out of his mouth. 

 

"Fights happen. They come and go. She'll come back."

 

I stared into my steaming cup and sighed.

 

 

I hope she does...........

 

"Ok! lets get started!" 

 

I looked up to see YG standing there with a cup of cocoa in his hand. "TOP, you are up!"

 

I stood up as fast as I could. "Ah sir! May I speak to you?"

 

Yg looked at me with his signature serious look. "Make it quick."

 

"Well......I was wondering. If I get my parts done quicker than anticipated........may I leave early?" my heart raced for asking this question. 

 

Yg scoffed and looked towards the side. He then looked at me with more seriousness. "What makes you think I would let you go early?"

 

I sighed as I held back tears. "I'm sorry, Sir. but I've had a bad night. My girlfriend........she thinks I'm neglecting her. She made me sleep on the couch last night. I'm worried she will break up with me.....I love her, Sir. She's my first girlfriend and i would do anything to make her my only girl.

 

YG looked towards the ground, then he looked at me with hope in his eyes. "If your work is fantastic. I'll let you go early."

 

I smiled huge and bowed to YG many times. "Thank you sir! Thank you!"

 

 

..........................................................................

 

 

I ran across the rooftops......no.....I rushed across the rooftops. I looked behind me, hoping I wasn't being followed. I was worried. I was sad! I was blue! I just needed to get out!

 

CUT!

 

I stopped  running and panted. I looked behind me. In reality, the video crew was behind me and to the left of me, filming my every move. 

 

"Great, TOP! Fantastic. you finished your shots. You may go!" YG said as he turned to the camera and watched my shots. 

 

I smiled huge again and I ran towards the exit, yelling THANK YOU!

 

 

.................................................

 

 

I didn't take my car. I gave my keys to Seungri before I left. i ran down the streets of Korea, until I stopped. I saw a flower shop. 

 

"yes!" I said as I ran inside, buying a bouquet of red roses. 

 

I ran down the street again, this time with roses in my hands. Until I stopped again........at a candy store. 

 

I went inside. "I would like some hershey kisses." I said. 

 

The clerk gave me a big bag of hershey kisses, where I paid the amount and I ran. 

 

Back on the streets of Korea, I ran as fast as I could. I still had my make up on and my music video wardrobe. But I need to get home as soon as I could! I swirved through crowds and ran across the streets without even looking both ways. Lets just say I'm thankful that I'm still alive. 

 

As I made it back to my apartment, I stopped at the door. I panted, fixing my blue hair and adjusting my jacket, making sure it was on correctly. I moved the roses around, making them look nice. I breathed deep, slowing down my panting speed. Once it was down to normal, I knocked on my own apartment door. 

 

I waited..........................................

 

Nora opened the door in a green sweater and shorts. She stared at me with shock as I held out flowers and chocolates to her. 

 

"I've been late every night because of work, I promise you." I smiled. "But I asked YG if I could leave early today............he let me. i wanted to show you I love you. And that I don't purposefully stay late."

 

Nora slowly accepted my flowers. She then looked at me with a tear drop escaping her eye.

 

Then.........she dropped the flowers and hugged me tightly. I could hear her quiet sobs in my ear. 

 

"This means so much to me...........thank you." 

 

I pressed her body against mine in a loving embrace. I never want to leave her.....

 

"I love you, Nora."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

This one kinda .......I haven't been in the mood to write.

 

Sorry this one ! >.<

 

Please subscribe and comment!

 

Sarang Hae!