Chapter 02: Boy

Indescribable

Inspiration; Apink – Yeah

“Stop staring at me like that.  Where are my eyes supposed to look at?”

She felt rather lonely at campus today since her best friend didn’t attend any classes. She remembered texting the other in early morning about bringing the textbook she left at her house, yet she didn’t reply anything. Her best friend always went to the class early – she was always either the first or second to arrive since her house was nearby. When she found that Naeun wasn’t there yet like she used to be, she thought something might come up so she probably would come late. When she realized Naeun didn’t appear throughout the class, she realized that something was wrong.

The last class was over and she was glad that it eventually ended. It was strange not to have her best friend around her because she always protected her from any guys that tried to hit on Yookyung. Naeun became a bit protective about the other especially since she didn’t want to make Yookyung feeling left out after the slightly older one gained herself a boyfriend. Naeun was lucky she had a boyfriend who would watch over her everytime – wait, Yookyung didn’t see him in any classes too today. Did something happen? She wondered as she headed out from the campus.

She tried to call her but she didn’t answer at all. Maybe she should visit her after this.

It was twelve o’ clock and the sun was at the highest point of the day, illuminating the world once more. There was no doubt that that day was probably one of the hottest times of summer someone had ever been through. Yookyung strode her way to her favorite place to go after the classes. She kept fanning herself with her hands, obviously uncomfortable with the hot weather – she wasn’t really a fan of the unbearable heat and blinding sunbeams anyway. All she wanted was to arrive at her favorite place to go – which was the Coffee Prince Café – and to buy a cool drink before going to Naeun’s house. She also made a mental note not to forget buying some snacks for her best friend.

As she stepped into the café, the nice aroma of brewed coffees and freshly-baked pastries greeted her nostrils. She seemed less annoyed now and her expression was rather brighter. She immediately lined up behind other people, waiting patiently for her turn. She noticed a little board on the counter, saying something about free macaroons for couples. She pouted at the word ‘couples’ and inwardly complained that she couldn’t get any freebies only because she didn’t have a boyfriend. “That’s just not fair,” said her, dragging the last word.

“What is not fair?”

She flinched and saw a guy standing next to her all of a sudden, grinning widely. “It’s nothing, Woohyun-ssi,” She lied, flashing him a smile.

Woohyun was a guy she met at this café. He formally introduced himself to her a week ago, stretching his hand out to the baffled her. She was confused; nevertheless she eventually stretched out her hand too and shook his hand hesitatingly. Hong Yookyung, she said to him. She honestly wasn’t the type who always put interest to her surroundings especially when she was around her friends, therefore she was a bit taken aback when he told her that he worked there and often saw her hanging out at the cafe. That’s why he seemed familiar, she thought.

 “Are you alone?” His eyes began wandering around, trying to look for her friends’ presence.

“Yeah.  Aren’t you working?” asked her, narrowing her eyes.

Feigning some unnecessary coughs, he reasoned out. “I’m sick, Yookyung-ssi.”

“What—you’re such a terrible liar, you know that?”

Woohyun then bid her goodbye as he exited himself from the café. Maybe it’s not his shift today, she guessed.

She had to admit that she enjoyed his company, even though they merely know each others’ names and was only acquaintances – not that she wanted to be more than that. Sure, it would be nice to have more friends but she didn’t know if Woohyun wanted to be her friend too or was he being this sweet to every customers. She shrugged off that thought and walked two steps forward as the people in front of her were done with their orders.

“Welcome to Coffee Prince Café. May I take your order, Miss?”

Fishing out her rilakkuma wallet from her bag, she then looked up. “… Oh.”

It was all she could manage to say. She realized it was the guy who created such a commotion last time at the café. She found it cute and she subconsciously laughed, causing him to arch his eyebrows questioningly. “Is there something on my f-face?” asked him, raising his both hands to his cheeks.

“No,” said her curtly. She darted her gaze to the menu boards and contemplated for a while. “Can I have cheesecake and two red velvet cupcakes for takeout, please? And one iced—”

“Capuccino? S-sure, right away.”

Folding her arms in front of her chest, she questioned, “How do you know?”

She noticed how his dark brown orbs were looking to other direction, probably feeling nervous under her curious stare. “W-well…. that’ll be 20 dollars, please,” said him, not answering her question.

“Oh, okay.” She was waiting for his reply but when he didn’t indicate like he would give her an answer, she merely handed him the cash. She decided not to bug him with that question anymore if he didn’t want to tell.

She tapped her feet against the floor as she patiently waited for her orders to be done. Her phone suddenly beeped and she flipped it open almost immediately. One message received, it read.

From: Naeun’s Ice Prince

Sorry that I forgot to tell you this. Naeun had a high fever this morning.  Hospital downtown now. Room 142. See you.

She sighed heavily, rubbing her forehead. “I knew something was wrong!”

 “Here you go, M-Miss,” announced the guy, giving her the orders.

“Oh, thank you— wait, are you okay? Your face is like beet red, seriously. Are you having fever or something?”

“W-What? No! I’m okay!” Seemingly surprised at her words, he shook his head repeatedly. “I’m perfectly fine!”

“Ah, really? I thought you were sick. Anyway, thank you!”

Yookyung walked out from the café, a small box in her right hand and her favorite drink in the other hand. Hmm, that guy is a bit weird, isn’t he?

---

“Why am I like this? I keep seeing you.”

She checked her phone again, looking at one message she hadn’t closed since earlier. She nodded as she tried to remember the little information on her head, repeating it over and over. Walking in a quicker pace, she eyed her left and right, scanning the small boards on each doors. She came to a stop when she found what she was looking for. Room 142, she mumbled.

She put her hand on the door knob and twisted it open carefully. What she spotted first was Naeun who was sleeping peacefully. She saw another figure with raven hair sitting next to the bed, staring at the girl who was lying on the bed affectionately. “Hello,” she muttered, closing the door after her slowly.

“Hello, Kyung.” He greeted simply as he stood up.

“Yeah,” mumbled her as she walked to the table, putting down the pastry box on it. She turned and smiled at the view of her best friend smiling in her sleep. She put her hand over the other’s temple, checking her temperature. It seemed that she had taken the medicine since the fever somehow decreased. “Thanks for bringing her here, oppa,” said her eventually, looking at the only guy in the room. She was thankful that Naeun had the right guy by her side – she shouldn’t worry as much when Naeun was still single since she had someone protecting her now.

“No need to thank me.” He smiled at Yookyung and then at his girlfriend. “It’s part of my job.”

The younger then walked to the other side of the bed, taking the seat where the guy was sitting before.

“From café again?” inquired him after a moment of silence.

She nodded, still having her eyes fixed on Naeun.

She was then reminded by the strange guy at the café she met earlier. Naeun’s boyfriend used to have part time job at Coffee Prince, there was a possibility he knew that guy. “Oh, by the way, oppa... There was this guy I met at Coffee Prince earlier. He knew my favorite drink, which was strange, since the only one who knew I liked iced cappuccino was Woohyun-ssi. Do you, by any chance, know him?” The other tilted his head in confusion. “He was really tall and lean. He had light brown hair—”

“I-is he Sungyeol?” He choked on his words and stared back at the girl.

She shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know. Maybe?”

“Oh, God!” He literally yelled, completely forgetting that his loved one was sleeping soundly.

“Yah!” She whispered, glowered at him. She put her index finger on her lips, telling the other to lower his voice. She turned again to see Naeun when she heard her making noises. She sighed in relief when she realized her best friend wasn’t awake yet and was still in her dreamland, just a bit distracted by the loud voice. She then pulled the blanket over her body, patting her head softly after that.

“What was that for, oppa?” Yookyung hissed, sending him another glare.

“I’m sorry, Naeun-ah,” said him apologetically.

“So? Do you know him?”

“Well, yeah, of course. He’s my best friend, the one I shared flat with—”

The door suddenly cracked open, revealing a young man sporting casual outfit and a baseball cap.

“Speak to the devil.”

 “Myungsoo—” The other guy called, stopping his track of words.

“Yookyung-ah, this is Sungyeol. Hope you can get along well.”

---

N/A:

chapter 2 is here! it's slightly longer than chapter 1 c:

oh i also edited and added some things on chapter 1,

so check it out~

oh i think i'm gonna change the plot,

i hope it's okay with you guys~! :c

it'll still a fluff, tho~

subcribers are always welcomed and comments are always loved!

kekeke~ i hope it's up to your liking~

see you on the final chapter! /waves/