Chapter 01: Cover Girl

Indescribable

 

Inspiration; INFINITE – She’s a Fantasy

“When you smile, my heart stops. I can’t say anything but my heart grows larger.”

She was perfect.

Perfect was the most appropriate and the fittest word to describe her. If he was asked to use other terms, he would pick ‘impeccable’ and flawless’ doubtlessly, even though he knew how those two words didn’t even have significant difference since they’re synonyms to ‘perfect’ as well. Sunggyu and Dongwoo only laughed at him when they heard his answer and said stuffs about him getting infected with Woohyun’s greasiness. He, honestly, didn’t know what was getting into him too. Was it a mere crush or something more?

He had not figured that part out yet, but he still thought that – as overused, as overrated, as cheesy, and as cliché as it might sound – she was perfect.

 “Stop staring, Yeol. You’re being rude.”

The lean guy, who was sitting on the stool, immediately turned and faced the barista who was by then looking at the particular girl he had been eyeing on these past few days. He didn’t say anything and silently took a sip of his lukewarm Americano he ordered earlier.

His friend propped his fist under his chin while directing his gaze to the girl sitting on the more secluded spot of the coffee shop.  He recognized her as she was one of his regulars who never once missed a day without coming to his shop and grabbing her favorite iced cappuccino. He diligently looked at her from head to toe and he realized that she was quite pretty – he didn’t notice it before. He thought inwardly that he might actually fall for her if he hadn’t had someone by his side. “A beauty indeed,” He commented as he cleaned the counter, catching the other’s attention.

“What— you already have Chorong, Woohyun.” He glared at the man before him. “So, back off.”

Still staring at his friend, he then put on his signature irksome grin on his face. It was a quite a view indeed, to witness how the infamous, so-called choding and heartthrob finally got to taste of what people called love. Sungyeol denied, however, at his friends’ accusations and merely said he was star-stricken. His friends would laugh it off and would all day about the unknown girl. Bullying the choding was surely a new hobby for Woohyun and the other five.

“Just kidding.” He stared at the girl for a second and then at Sungyeol. “Aren’t you going to plan to make your first move anytime soon?”

“Nope.” He merely shook his head.

“Why?”

“Because I said so.”

“Psh, you’re such a coward.” Woohyun scoffed before resuming his previous activity.

“I am not!” Lee Sungyeol stood up, slamming the counter pretty hard.

Soon enough, piercing pairs of eyes had landed on him. Woohyun was a bit taken aback by his friend’s yell, but he giggled in the end as well, feeling amused at the choding’s doing. The taller was, by then, came to realize that he just created a commotion, disturbing the nice serenity at a public place. The coffee shop was quite crowded that day, since the rain had been bathing the whole city since an hour ago and hadn’t yet shown signs that it would stop soon. Like any other day, the majority of the customers were college students since the shop was located near the college grounds. Waiting the rain to come to an end and having a warm cup of coffee in a cozy shop was surely a nice way to spend the afternoon – until someone decided to be noisy and disrupt the perfect setting.

Sungyeol palmed his face; there was a demanding urge inside of him to escape from the humiliating situation. He knew he couldn’t just walk away like that, nevertheless, knowing that he should apologize first for his inconsiderate and foolish act.

He turned his back slowly, facing the people who were still staring back at him. “I’m really sorry for being so loud and disturbing the atmosphere. I’m sorry.” He said under his breath, bowing deeply to everyone.

 The next second, the coffee shop was back bustling again.

He sighed in relief and then returned to his seat; his face flushed red. He could only ruffle his own hair frustratingly while waiting Woohyun’s laughter to cease, as he cussed at himself for being such a moron. He sent the other a menacing stare and the barista immediately stopped laughing.

“Stupid.” wheezed him, burying his face in his palm. He then looked up and once again shifted his attention to that girl.

She was trying to cover her laugh with her hands; the corners of were curved up.

Sungyeol frowned as he tried to figure out why she was laughing.

She turned her head.

He met her eyes.

She formed her lips into a small smile and ducked her head at him.

This is definitely the end of you, Lee Sungyeol.

-----

“They say it’s all a fantasy, that it’s a lingering attachment, that it’s an obsession.”

The name sounds just right for her. Thanks to his cheesy barista friend who was indeed brilliant with sweet talks to the customers (or the girls), Sungyeol could finally know her name.

She was one of the customers that came to the café on that sunny day. The café was busier than ever as crowds of people kept coming in after another leaving – like a cycle, the process repeated again and again. She wasn’t the only girl amongst the people but he, who happened to sit two tables away from her, immediately caught her presence. There was something about her that captivated him and he wasn’t sure what it was. Was she different? He also couldn’t figure it out. Maybe it was her hidden charm – who knows?

She was seated between her two friends.  She was too absorbed in the conversation with them, sharing a few good laughs with them. In Sungyeol’s eyes, she was the most charming of them all.

Just like what you expected from a girl, she had nicely groomed and neatly brushed hair which stopped right at her small shoulders – her hair color instantly reminded him of caramel. Her pair of eyes, even though he couldn’t see the color, was sparkling as she talked enthusiastically about something to her friends. Her cheeks – man, doesn’t she have actual bun-like cheeks right there - were much puffier and squishier than what he had and he was dying to pinch those chubby yet adorable cheeks to find out if they were real or not. Her fair complexion and her lovely milky-white skin were undeniably a spot on, as her skin tone was paler than other people. Her voice, even though it was barely audible for him to hear, was soft and gentle like melody in his ears.

Lee Sungyeol was interested in someone – in a stranger whom he saw at the first time.

She, who drew him in.

She, who put him under her spell.

She, whom he found ethereal.

That was Hong Yookyung.

It was a week past his first time seeing her already, nevertheless standing and looking from afar was everything the chicken Sungyeol could do. Stalker much?

“Forget it, choding.”

“She’s too good for you,” Dongwoo butted in, spooning a block of sugar into his coffee. At his statement, the others nodded amicably.

Rolling his eyes, Sungyeol sarcastically remarked, “Why thank you for the support, guys.”

He eventually made up his mind and so did his buddies. He said he wouldn’t make a move last time but all of a sudden he blurted out that he had guts and already initiated to do so. Meanwhile, his friends who once told him to quit being a coward now went against him and advised him not to do any moves at all.

“You are far different from each others,” commented Sunggyu. He raised his cup and took a quick sip of his drink before setting it back to the coffee table. Crossing his hands in front of his chest, he then continued, “She is like a flower and you—” He stopped for a while and squinted his eyes, scanning the younger from head to toe. “… You’re like a bug. The ugly one.”

The other guys cracked into roars of laughter, some clapping their hands and some others wooed in acknowledgement – completely agreed with the eldest’s blunt opinion and utterly overwhelmed with joy at the current state where Sungyeol was being humiliated and teased. The fool – that was the choding’s new nickname, turned deep crimson in embarrassment and a bit of fury as well, obviously lost in words.

“Forget her.”

“You’re wasting your time, hyung,” added the maknae, ending his statement with a giggle.

“Yeah-uh! Even Jongie agrees!”

“It’s not going to happen.”

“Go find other girls. There are many girls out there, Yeol.”

Sungyeol pursed his lips and was about to protest when the guy beside him, who didn’t say anything at the first place, then voiced out his opinion. “I still think he should make a move, though.”

The choding widened his eyes in surprise, blinking twice before pulling him into a hug. “I love you, Myungsoo! You’re the only one that understands me—” He came to a stop as he glowered at the others. “… So not like these people!”

“Wanna bet?” Dongwoo suggested, his lips forming a smirk.

“Of course!”

So, bet they did.

Sunggyu, Dongwoo, and Sungjong were certain that Sungyeol couldn’t be, at least, friends with her in the agreed time, which was two weeks. On Sungyeol’s side was Myungsoo, Woohyun and Hoya who believed the elementary kid would figure out a way, somehow, to introduce himself to her and get to know her before the given duration.

Sungyeol knew he said that he would make a move.

But, what if he actually had not thought of a good plan at all?

---

 

N/A:

herro there, peeps <3

chapter 1 is updated!

i think this is gonna be threeshot, instead of oneshot~

kekeke subsribers are always welcomed~

and comments are always loved~

chu~ see you on the next update! /throws chocolates at you/