F i f t e e n

100 tales of horror

 

Jongup POV

It was around 8pm when dance practice finally ended, I walked towards the usual bus stop with Himchan hyung. A bandage wrapped tightly around his arm. Even though he was injured, he still insisted to bring us lunch every day. Even though he was injured, he still came for practices and gave us moral support.

“Himchan Hyung,” I started, “ How’s your arm?”

He smiled at me then replied, “ It’s getting better. I’ll be able to back on stage in no time!”

As we reached the bus stop, we were the only ones there. I sighed. We must have missed the bus. I turned to look at himchan, but with his headphones on, he was already lost in his own world. I sighed and directed my attention  to the passing cars.

As time passed, more people came to the bus stop, some school students, office ladies, all wanting to head home soon.

I stifled a yawn, I was tired. No kidding. After practice, everything would ache. I started to doze off until I heard the sound of an engine coming to a stop. I opened my eyes, oh, the bus was here.

But, there was something a little off about it. The bus was old, almost as if it had not been washed for ages. The paint was starting to peel off, revealing the grayish metal of the bus. The front of the bus was dented, as if it was in a horrible car accident.

The bus door slowly opened, I felt a rush of cold air. I looked up and immediately saw the bus driver staring at me. His eyes were hollow, dark with no emotion. He quickly shifted, then motioned for me to enter the bus. There was this creepy feeling. But I shrugged it off, I was tired, all I wanted was to get on the bus and go home.

I looked through the windows to the passengers in the bus. They were all different ages, from young to old. As I turned away, preparing to board the bus, I could feel people staring at me. I looked back to the windows, and immediately felt a shiver run down my spine. The passengers were now staring at me. All of them were.

Their features were different, but their eyes were the same. Hollow, as if they had no more emotion left within them. I moved back slightly, afraid of their gaze. Why were they staring at me like that? Do I have something on my face?

The driver was looking at me more intently now, I got a closer look at him. His skin was pale, as if drained of all colours.  I suddenly felt cold, as if I was sitting in front of an air-con directly blowing at me.

I stepped forward, and almost immediately, all the stares were gone.

I didn’t want to board the bus anymore.  The bus was creepy, there’s this feeling telling me not to board. I took a small step back, but I felt the stares again. They were almost glaring at me now. I bit my bottom lip.

Fine, my tired body needs rest, the sooner I board this bus, the sooner I could go home and rest. I took a step forward, and lifted my right foot to the steps.

Before I could even get on the first step, I felt a strong tug pull me back. I lost my balance and fell backwards, roughly landing on the hard floor.

“What was that for?!” I yelled, still confused.

“Yah. Are you trying to die?” Himchan said, staring at me.

“I was trying to b-“

 Before I could finish, I looked at the road, the bus was gone. It disappeared without a trace. 

 

 


 Well. This chapter was disappointing for me. I couldn't think of something scarier. ><