Of sneaking around and getting caught

Of sneaking around and getting caught

 

--
 
 
it's too late to be doing this, sneaking around.
 
too late too late too late.
 
and the damn ticking from the clock doesn't help either, because it's so strikingly loud all of a sudden. 
 
kai half-expects sehun's looming figure to appear next to him, a thunderous expression written on his face; arms folded and all. 
 
he turns to his left, then right, and looks back. 
 
his wild imagination is a set of ery.
 
it's pitch black, and kai has already managed to injure his right toes (oh poor toes) and he grimaces in pain in silence, teeth clamping tightly on his lower lip because damn, they're hurting like a . kai clutches the back of a dining chair and stays there for a while, face contorted in pain. 
 
.
 
but he can't switch on the lights, he can't risk any members waking up, can't risk being found doing something as low as...snooping around. and if they knew the reason he's snooping around, they'll erupt into a set of boisterous laughter, disbelieving at first (he doesn't quite believe it either), but then kai'll blush, rosy red cheeks radiating heat and they'll shut up and believe. so no, he can't risk any of that. (the mere thought gives kai shudders)
 
for a curious mind, there's no harm. kai thinks that way to makes himself feel less lowly.
 
quickquickquick, no time to waste, and then...
 
"found it!" he exclaims, (a tad too loud, he realizes and mentally slaps himself) eyes roaming along the outlines of the thin cover (damn they wrapped his in ing fabric? kai's one was just shoved into his face wrapped with plastic. that ing bastard of a photographer; everyone loves sehun.) and he can feel the damn sheerness of it, the softness of the material, melding into his fingers with every touch.
 
he knows the photos are going to be a delightful mess of folly when he sees them. oh , if sehun knows what in the world he is doing right now, kai'll probably be strangled to death. or slaughtered. or strangled to death and then hacked into pieces.
 
it's going to be so good, he thinks with a wry smile, sehun was shirtless when they shot those photos, shirtless. 
 
Damn, did he just lose his breath thinking about it? Well, then he's gonna probably melt into a puddle of goo when he sees those photos.
 
he lingers a second too long and his guard is down, imagination kept and tucked neatly at the back of his mind.
 
"what are you doing?" a voice calls out.
 
kai freezes.
 
he literally freezes, arms stiff, legs numb, his fear paralyzes him to the spot and he can feel his heart hammering wildly, and it's ing jumping at his throat already.
 
he contemplates in the millisecond if he should drop the illegal object he's holding or perhaps chuck it somewhere in some vacant area...
 
"what are you doing, jong?" the oh-so familiar voice repeats itself.
 
the good part: kai's currently back-facing him. 
 
the bad? it's sehun behind him.
 
"jong?" sehun lifts his hand (though obviously kai doesn't witness that or he would have moved so far he'd be flying to south pole) and places it grimly on kai's shoulder, in which he flinches, jumps, (literally ing jumps yes) and yelps. 
 
kai wants to just ing rip the tiles off the floor with his bare hands (who cares if his fingers might never be able to work after that) and just dive straight in to the black hole and just fall. and never come back. and not face oh sehun right now. 
 
kai has to react, and respond fast; sehun's suspicion is going to escalate with every damn second he doesn't do something. 
 
he realizes he has two options; he can run back to his room, or he can bolt back to his room. considering the fact that the living room isn't too far from his bedroom, probably about 3 absolute-supersonic-rapid-speed strides he'll reach his room. 
 
He has to bolt. If he runs, he's gonna take 500 years to reach and sehun's going to catch him, and then he's going to demand an answer out of him and then...
 
"jong-in! what's wrong with you?" sehun shakes him. 
 
well scratch that, too late. he thinks too much, too slow and too long. 
 
"talk to you in the morning okay hun, alright later," ultimately, kai resorts to something lame and flashes an awkward lop-sided grin then dashes back to his room, leaving sehun speechless and more confused than ever. 
 
it feels like forever to kai, but in actuality, it probably took about 5 minutes, kai notes as he checks the time.
 
at least he's got it now. 
 
he briefly forgets all the earlier trepidation he faced and disregard the presence of sehun outside, wide-awake.
 
well he's gonna have to face the music tomorrow if sehun finds it missing and he is going to for sure demand an answer and kai will not, simply will not embarrass himself by admitting the truth. 
 
unless.
 
kai makes good use of the object and then place it back before sehun discovers it. (he certainly can't put it back anytime now, god knows if sehun's going back to sleep or play video games, kai rolls his eyes at the thought of that.)
 
yea that sounds like fun, kai nods and grins to himself as he slumps onto the bed. sehun's going to ask him 'what's up with last night ?' tomorrow as well. 
 
oh ery.
 
--