I can't sleep

SHINee Oneshot collection

 

A/N: Wrote this because I'm supposed to be sleeping right now but I'm listening to Onew's I WON'T GIVE UP instead. Onew... please make me sleep. :D

You tried closing your eyes for the nth time. It still didn’t work as you were still awake after 2 hours of turning here and there trying to find the right position to fell asleep. It’s already 3 am and you’re still having difficulty sleeping.

Probably because Onew isn’t still at home. This is the first time since 4 months ago that he was out of home during the night. You got married during their long hiatus in the industry, and now that SHINee’s trying to be active in promotions again, you’re trying  to adjust at the sudden changes like there will be nights when Onew will stay out and you need to sleep alone – all by yourself.

“I can sleep. I can sleep. Onew’s gonna be here by tomorrow. It’s okay. I’ll eat breakfast with him tomorrow for sure. Let’s sleep so tomorrow’s gonna come real soon.” You uttered to yourself as you were trying to feel at ease.

Turn here. Turn there. You feel kinda sad that next to you is just an empty space. No Onew who was there smiling at you before both of you could fall asleep.

You took her phone and looked at the time. 3:24 am. You shook her head and suddenly, You saw an incoming call. You pick it up because it was your husband, Onew.

“You called?” You said as soon as you answered it.

“I knew you’re not sleeping yet.” He told you.

“HHAAAA….” You faked a yawn and tried to sound so sleepy. “Yah.. Onew why are you calling late this night..” You uttered. “I’m sleeping already.” You said.

“You’re not sleeping.” Onew replied.

“I am. In fact, I’m dreaming of chocolates right now.” You lied again.

“If you’re fast asleep, why were you able to answer the phone in just a second?” Onew caught you off guard. “Minus the fact that you turn your cellphone on silent mode during the night.” He added.

“You caught me, fine.” You said and pouted. “I can’t fall asleep. I’ve been trying to shut my eyes for 2 hours but I can’t.” You said like a little kid whining. “I want you to be here… but of course you can’t since you’re still at work.”

“And I must earn for our family.” Onew added. “It’s also hard to go back from Japan to Korea.”

“I know, I know…” You said. “I just miss you… that’s why I can’t go to sleep.”

“I’ll sing to you.” Onew said in his sweet warm voice. “Place the phone to your ears and listen to me. Try to fall asleep, okay?”

“Okay.”

Onew then started to sing few lines from the song I won’t give up.

I won’t give up on us… even if the skies get rough… I’m giving you all my love, I’m still looking up. When you’re needing your space to do some navigating, I’ll be here patiently waiting to see what you find…

You were not able to hear everything because you quickly fell asleep as you hear Onew’s warm and comforting sleeping voice.

“___-ah? ____-ah?” He called you few more times and when you didn’t answer, he knew you were sleeping already. “Have a sweet dreams, my love. I love you… so much.” He whispered on the phone and ended the call.

**** **** ****

You woke up the next morning to a sweet kiss on your forehead. “Goodmorning, honey.” It was Onew who was looking at you who just opened your eyes.

You just looked at her… thinking if you’re still dreaming. Onew’s in Japan… how can he suddenly rushed back homr just like that? You rubbed your eyes and saw that Onew was still there. He chuckled when he noticed you were kinda not believing what you see.

As you frowned, Onew leaned down and reached for your lips to kiss it gently. “I missed you… that’s why I came back immediately after finishing my part in the MV.” He told you while smiling. He was just few inches away from you.

You smiled and caressed your hubby’s cheeks. You’ve been married for months and you still can’t believe you were able to get him by your side forever. He was just a dream before… now he’s perfectly your reality.

Onew cleared your face from the hairstrands and he chuckled. “Do you want to know one interesting fact that I discovered about you?” He said.

“What?” You asked.

“Your heart… it still beats the same for me no matter how long we got married. When I hugged you the first time before… I heard your heart beating this fast… and now that I’m staying this close to you… I realized your heart doesn’t get tired of beating for me.” He said sweetly and you nodded.

You gently placed your hand on his chest… feeling his heart as well. “Yours beat so fast as well.” You smiled.

“They’re talking to each other.” Onew uttered and smiled so sheepishly. “My hearts telling your heart to help you sleep during the night because his owned couldn’t work so well if he knows your heart’s owner isn’t asleep yet.” Onew uttered. Both of you looked at each other. No other words could explain how you love each other.