Heaven Beside Me

Oneshot for himalayancat :)

 

A/N: Thanks for my susbcribers! : kawaii_neko, 24Rere, sehunsangel, reihn22, lilprincess, KPOPfan619, glamzchic, tamagie, indifference, Seomate_seobaby, himalayancat, irene_cute, Cathsnsd09, bekahmin, iloveHyoHyuk12, uizt143

I was so busy that I can't even finish this much much earlier than what I've promised. Moving on, I divided this oneshot into four parts. Each character have their own viewpoint here. Er, (sadly), no one tried to guess about the relationships. But by the end of the story, you guys will be able to know these things I've been blabbering about... Enjoy!

 

*

 

"I'm afraid I have to request for another table on the utility department..." Suho snickered gingerly as he shifted his eyes on his tutee who was throwing a fit by pounding her head on the wooden table. Still, his voice was cautious enough to avoid sounding offensive. Through her knitted eyebrows, he could tell how displeased she already was.

 

"The hell with this book. I would be more than willing to ask the most expensive desk in South Korea from my parents..." Sulli lifted her head and carelessly flipped her messy curls, running her long fingers on the strands. It was her habit when she's stressed out. "Just not with reading. Just not with comprehension. Just not with anything that involves Literature, I swear...I really do."

 

Suho's lips stretched wider, his white teeth were shining down on Sulli. He, a senior representative for Literature Department, already expected that she hated his favorite subject. He wouldn't have to come there, sit in front of her and assist her if she wouldn't be intentionally failing Literature. 

 

Meanwhile, Sulli's frown worsen; not because she felt mocked by her tutor's foolish grin, but due to the fact that his teeth was whiter and brighter than hers. Technically, he was too much of a gentleman to . She then wondered who's his dentist but eventually shook the crazy thought off her head, sighing as she gathered her strength to open a novel.

 

The novel was a book assigned by her teacher; she must give a firm analysis and strict review on it within just a week. But with all the procrastination she had been exercising, she doubted if she'd ever finish reading just the novel itself.

 

Suho's left eyebrow mused over the younger girl, watching her getting back on the so-called hell of a book. During his first few days with Sulli; the spoilt brat was filled with complaints and endless rants about what she disliked with the subject. He knew how she strongly disliked reading very long fictional pieces, sitting on steel chairs for a very long time and comprehending whatever she should be.

 

Yet, Sulli just sighed and got back on the novel which amused him truly. Usually, she would give up easily and would just open her tablet to surf on the internet. Or at times, she would just diss out the tutorials especially if he hasn't yet arrived. His not so early time pace just gave her a reason to do so.

 

"You know..." He trailed off, taking off his eyeglasses and closing the folder he had been looking at. "I do believe you wouldn't be able to comprehend anything if you're feeling burdened by just reading it. The more you frown, hate and mentally curse on it, the more you kill and waste the time you're spending. Useless." He earnestly explained, getting a steel chair and sitting beside her.

 

Sulli closed the book for the umpteenth time, biting her lips as her sunbae's words slightly pierced through her. The moment she tried reading - just the foreword of the book, she felt like she's going inside a dark tunnel and she would be lost anytime as she went further. The more words that passed by her eyes, the more confused she got. "Then what should I do?" She asked with a desperate tone.

 

Suho casually shrugged, unsure of his suggestions. "Maybe, take a break first? I mean, these past few days your dark circles are becoming more obvious and you seemed skinnier...You looked so stressed out."

 

Sulli gasped and felt the bags under her eyes, suddenly conscious of her appearance. "Oh God, I do?"

 

Suho sheepishly scratched his head, not meaning it the way she interpreted his words. "I meant, you looked problematic. That's why I suggest you to take enough rest first. No need to freak out though..." He pointed out, emphasizing his last sentence. He knew too well how women would fret over their appearance.

 

Sulli calmed herself, nodding slowly. Actually, she was currently, indeed, taking a lot of things too seriously. The happy-go-lucky Sulli was gone and replaced by a lonely one.

 

"Perhaps...a boy?" Suho asked softly, not really intending to be heard by his tutee.

 

But Sulli's ears perked up, reddening for he was correct. "Uh..."

 

"Hahaha, a boy indeed." Suho laughed, taking her speechless expression as an angreement and a sign of embarrassment.

 

"I-I..."

 

"Don't worry. You can trust me...I may not be able to give the best solution out there. But I've at least shared a pair of listening ears." His broherly smile gave her an assurance, a smile she could never have since she's just a sole child.

 

Sulli sighed heavily, preparing herself. "Well, I've got a boyfriend..."

 

"No way! You already have one?" He asked, both amused and doubtful. He was amused that she already have one while he had just got his first girlfriend last month - he's really one reserved man. He was also doubtful; wondering if there would be a guy putting up with her fussy attitude.

 

Sulli laughed out loud, almost wiping off her invisble tears of joy. "Let's just say that I'm the only one who knows that we're a couple..." She giggled again, thinking that she already dubbed her crush as her boyfriend.

 

Suho looked at her weirdly, slow with taking the pace of her joke. He mentally smacked his head for being too mentally old to understand the young girl.

 

"Sunbae, don't look at me like that; as if it's illegal to pursue a dream." She pouted, her mood changing all of a sudden.

 

Suho had just got what she meant and chuckled along, shaking his head in disbelief. "Ah..."

 

"Yeah. Well, we're pretty close and I'm definitely lucky because he's the type of man who wouldn't be close with just some girls..."

 

"Uh-huh...then what's the problem?" Suho asked, rubbing his chin as if he needed to think deeply with the things she's talking about. It looked weird to her though; a grandpa-like man like him interested in love. But nevertheless, she felt like a quarter of her problems had slowly diminished while she was still just narrating it.

 

The deep frown in Sulli's face showed her dismay, unconsciously crumpling a paper. "Until some new older girl began averting my boyfriend's attention to her. I mean, she's freaking two years older than him! And, as much as I hate to admit it - they looked closer than we were." She grumpily mumbled, slamming her clenched fist on the table.

 

"O-okay.." Suho stuttered, momentarily scared at the younger girl's expression. He was a bit taken back from her dark side, darker than the demanding brat. He surely didn't want to get in that side of hers.

 

"Just by her mere presence, my blood boils to the highest degree. Aish, we shouldn't have talked about her anyways. Everything about her spoils my day the same way with Literature." She murmurs, throwing the crumpled paper anywhere else she didn't know.

 

Suho scoffed lightly and mentally shook his head. He actually thought that her hate for the girl was the worst. He had just proved that his favorite subject was still just on the same level along the unknown girl. "Moving on, I'll give you a break with the rest of the day. Just get refreshed so that you'll be able to finish that novel of yours. Spend your time wisely though..." Suho spoke like the well-respected senior he usually was, his tone hinting a superiority over the younger girl.

 

Thus, Sulli had nothing else option left but to strive harder with reading and comprehending the novel. She might be really hard-headed. Still, she knew her limitations; and probably, she already learned her lessons dealing with Literature. 

 

//

 

"Noona, how many times should I be reminding you not to put creamer in my coffee?" Sehun calmly asked his older sister, though the latter was well aware of the fact that he's raging inside.

 

 It was lunch break and the siblings have decided to stop by their favorite coffee shop; the one and only one located inside their campus. It wasn't really any of a grand or prestigious coffee shop but since it was the only available in the school's premises, they've became too fond of it - spending most of their breaks in there. They might be tons of different with each other but they both love coffee; from the aroma to the liquid that would flow down to their throat. 

 

Seohyun, the one and only girl who would be able to pop the calmest boy's composure, knew better that irritation he contained as he dropped his words.

 

And even if she had that information, she didn't budge in her seat. Instead, she mockingly crossed her legs and too calmly sipped her caramel macchiato; too calm to be in the situation. How ironic since anytime at that moment, the younger man would errupt.

 

Sehun poked his tongue on the back of his cheek, annoyed at how his sister childishly acted in front of him. "Yah...I'm asking you. Why are you so immature?" He asked rudely, pointing at his coffee which didn't receive any justice from her; as what he thought. It might not be really a big deal but as Sehun, the boy who loved his coffee without any sugar nor creamer, it was a big deal.

 

Seohyun looked directly at him, as if her glare would kill him instantly. "Yah?" She raised her voice, not minding the attention from the other customers that she would get. It tarnished her pride whenever her younger brother would be acting as if he's more authoritative than her. "Seriously? Yah? And people call you Mr. Nice guy? Hah!" She remarked scornfully, obviously offended.

 

"Look Seohyun noona, my beloved pretty sister, this wasn't about me and my kindness. I was just pissed off since even with the fact that you knew how much I hated anything sweet with my coffee, you childishly put a creamer in it. Now-"

 

"Now, why do you think I would act immaturely then? Why do you think your beloved, pretty sister would do such childish thing when she knew the fact that her poor little brother hated it?" She, too affectionately questioned him as she gave him a small pat in his shoulder. And with a smile, she sneered at him as she faked innocence.

 

Sehun, getting what she meant, immediately ruffled his own hair in exasperation. He then blew the bangs that blocked his sight, as if she had just showed that he gave up. "Fine then, you really want me to watch on you and your boyfriend just like what mom and had told me? You want your cute little dongsaeng to be disturbing you with your sweet moments-"

 

Seohyun, without any second thought, smacked his brother's head using the roll of newspaper. "Cocky, I was suppose to tell them about me and Suho anyways. You're just too excited to deliver the good news. Oh wait, you're just too bitter right now since you couldn't approach your crush. Poor baby boy..." Seohyun teased, sticking her tongue out to annoy him more.

 

Sehun was suppose to get back on his sister when a familiar figure passed right in front of his eyes. "Choi Sulli!" He chirped like nothing happened between him and his sister.

 

Seohyun, who raised her eyebrow at her weird brother, shifted her eyes on the direction wherein her brother's pair of eyes ogled at. And soon, the eyebrow raised began to meet the other brow, creating an almost perfect one line. She definitely didn't like to see the figure which Sehun gawked on.

 

"Sehun-ah!" Sulli's high-pitched voice echoed all throughout the cafe, unnerving one particular woman. She was so glad that she saw him unexpectedly (probably because she had been worrying about her unfinished novel), but her shoulders obviously deflated at the sight of Seohyun. Quite mockingly, fate had made its way to get into Sulli's nerves again.

 

"It's your break also? Have you already planned for your schedule now? Wanna kill the hour with us? This cafe is the perfect place!" Sehun rambled thoughtlessly, not really sure if he, himself, understood what he had just said. He then, just like the gentleman he was, offered a chair into the lovely girl. 

 

Sulli chortled sheepishly, finding it that funny wth how Sehun looked hyped up with his continuous questions. She then shyly took Sehun's offer, tucking some hair strands behind her ear. Though she was still intimidated with the presence of an older lady with them, she was instantly flattered with Sehun's refined manners.

 

"Ah yes, it's my break also. I really don't have any plans for this afternoon and, sure! I've also thought that this cafe would be a good place to spend the time." She meekly answered, defintely wouldn't be letting his boyfriend spending the hour with the older lady. She just wouldn't back down.

 

Sehun then delightfully grinned; obviously enjoying Sulli's company as well as ignoring his sister's donwfall expression. He then stood up, brushing non-existent specs of dust in his shirt. "Sulli-ah, what do you want? It'll be my treat! Anything will do as long as it's in the cafe!" He more than willingly offered. 

 

"Eh? You don't need to! I-I can manage myself to buy for my own-" Sulli was left speechless, really not knowing what to do with such situation. It's not that she didn't want to (heck, it quickened the rate of her heartbeat). But she just didn't want to feel something she shouldn't be feeling - that feeling when a guy was doing something special for a girl.

 

Sehun nearly pouted, still trying. "I know you can Ssul, I'm sorry if it sounded offensive. It's just that I really want to; huh, this is a limited edition offer from the great Oh Sehun." Sehun poured his overflowing cuteness, wriggling his eyebrows in a hilarious manner.  

 

Sulli faintly smiled, giving up with his aegyo. "Fine then, I would like to have blueberry muffin, red velvet cupcake, choco smoothie and coffee caramel-" Sulli tried to joke, thinking that Sehun would be outraged since she ordered the highest-priced items on the shop.

 

"Okay! Wait for me here eh? I'll just line up." Sehun ignored the shocked face she contained and happily went in the line. He was indeed too serious when he said that he'll treat her anything as long as it's in the cafe. She just puffed her cheeks, afraid that she'll just fall deeper.   

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun kept a poker face throughout the conversation between her brother and her worst enemy. It tarnished her pride as a woman; with Sehun going all lovesick-fool for the girl. And that girl, named Sulli, just didn't get her brother but even her boyfriend as well. She had been jealous of Sulli and her reasonable time with Suho; the love of her life.  

 

She then scoffed when she realized that it's just the two of them, alone, left by her wonderul loving baby brother. It choke/sickened/suffocated her, knowing that Sulli was breathing the same aroma of coffee with her.

 

Seriously! She exclaimed mentally.

 

Sulli, on the other hand, had just fully got her senses back. With the scoff from the older lady, she looked up and met eyes with her; the wicked antagonist of her fairytale with the great Oh Sehun. She wasn't just any girl who would be stealing her boyfriend, but also the girl who took out the throne from her.

 

Seohyun, the so-called goddess newbie, have stolen almost all of the titles from her. From being the "Goddess of all Subjects", "Goddes of Beauty" and even adding a new title "Goddess of Femininity", she surely got insecured and threathened with her arrival.

 

Actually, it didn't mattered to her; being a campus goddess was surely tiring. But with the fact that this woman, who could leisurely hit Sehun, who could casually link her arms with Sehun and could even happily kiss the man in his cheeks, it maddened her - really. She had been keeping her two-year long adoration for the boy but in an instance, the transferee goddess smoothly stole everything and everyone from her. 

 

How could she?!? She exclaimed in her mind.

 

Tension grew worse with the exchange of meaningful glares form each others. And Sulli, having more problems in terms of mood and patience, decided to break the ice first.

 

"So...how are you Seohyun-ssi?" She asked nicely though both of them already knew how sarcastic she was with her question. It's not that Sulli would be interested on how good the lady was; just out of her little courteousness.

 

Seohyun also faked her smile, riding with her trip. "Ah! I'm actually feeling good Sulli-ssi. It's just that, something in the air right now, ruined the atmosphere." She bluntly stated, indirectly but evident.

 

Sulli clenched her fists under the table, really really controlling her temper. She knew that the girl was composed and calm, so much unlike her, which was the older girl's advantage. If wasn't for the fact that she's family-oriented and the fact that Sehun was just near them; she could've pounced on her. "Ah really?" She just asked, with a flat yet dangerous tone. "Why don't you just get out of the shop and maybe you wouldn't have to endure that something which ruined the atmosphere?" She suggested, simply practical.      

 

Seohyun flared through her nostrils, sick with the beating-behind-the-bush conversations. She then lightly slammed the table, but enough to emphasize her anger. "Little girl, I've got no time with these childish things. I'm well aware of the fact that we weren't on good terms. But please, don't even try to involve my little brother here." She calmly but bravely declared her observation.

 

Sulli was shocked with her but managed to sigh inwardly. "What's with your little brother-" She wasn't even able to finish her question when Seohyun cut her off immediately.

 

"Enough with that innocent act, Sulli-ssi. I already know how Sehun was so damn in love with you but don't even play with him just to get with me. I may not know what's with you, hitting on my brother, but that's pretty immature right?" Seohyun rolled her eyes, oblivous that Sulli was no longer faking her innocence.  

 

A lot of things flood Sulli's mind and was about to list down her protests when she came into an actualization.

 

 

 

 

 

My brother, my brother, my brother...

 

 

 

 

 

The voice of the woman she strongly disliked echoed inside her mind, as if it pierced and made a painful strike inside her. Her milky-white skin became paler, as if she was losing her blood. "B-brother?!?" Her voice trembled, asking something ridiculous and utterly annoying in behalf of Seohyun.

 

She was about to argue more when she saw her brother, gleefully carrying the foods on the tray. At a point, she's pretty envious at how he would be acting that nice in Sulli while they were filled with bickerings and unpeaceful teasings. All of the tension forming between them subsided.

 

"Sorry if I took a long time, the cashieress was very very slow in her service." Sehun coyly reasoned out, oblivious from the two fuming ladies with him. He just prepared all of the foods, whistling with joy.

 

Sulli was still frozen in her spot, very clueless to the next action she should be doing. It was as if her brain stopped functioning and she could only heart her slowly, dangerously slowly, throbbing. On the other hand, Seohyun couldn't take it anymore. She wouldn't let her brother to fall into the witty girl's childish trap. 

 

"Sehun, just stop it. How can you be so stupid-"

 

"Noona, I don't know what you're talking about and I don't care. Just let me be in peace here..." The boy gritted through his teeth, not wanting for Sulli to hear their conversation. Being the innocent boy he was, he didn't know that Sulli was already conscious of the fight going on between him and his sister.

 

Seohyun pursed her lips real hard, smacking his stubborn brother's head mentally. She the sighed, trying to explain her side.

 

"Look noona, I wouldn't plan anything to ruin your date with your so-called guardian angel. So please, just please..." Sehun sighed in defeat, thinking that he's still in the game with his sister.

 

Seohyun curled her fingers in frustration, almost pulling her own hair out of her head. "FINE! If that's what you want, burn with her! Why would I care anyways?" She literally yelled in front of the two younger figures, grabbing her purse with her. She then stormed out of the cafe, rapidly carrying the blazing aura with her out of the room.

 

People threw glances and murmured at how Seohyun finally lose her composure, much to their surprise.

 

Sehun also scratched his not so itchy scalp, bowing his head on the people frowning in their direction. He knew that he and his sister had been causing stir in the shop. Of course, it was too scandalous since the two of them were both quite popular in the university.

 

Sulli, who had just got her senses back, faced Sehun who was also confused at how his sister took his jokes seriously. She gulped, lightly smacking his arms. "Oh Sehun, why didn't you tell me that she's your sister?!"

 

//

 

Seohyun didn't know that she had been wandering around the greenery football field, obviously deprived with the argument she had with his brother some few hours ago. Even with the fact that she doesn't skip classes, she just did just because of her uncooled and still disappointed mind. She, who brought a tin can with her two feet, kept on kicking the poor thing as if she's planning on pouring all of her miseries on it.

 

"What does a goddess like you doing out here, when everyone's already in their own classes?"

 

A familiar voice caught  her attention, finally coming to an actualization that she had been out for some long time. She then lifted her head up, meeting with the pair of angelic eyes she had been adoring. A heavy sigh escaped her nostrils, melting instantly in front of the guy.

 

"Joonmyeon-ah..." She uttered silently, taking her time slowly just to watch him and every detail of his actions. The way his lips turned into a crescent form which brightened up her gloomy day, the way his eyes bore right into her soul and just the simple way he could affect her; it could complete her day. 

 

The guy then went towards her, embracing her with his fluffy arms. Though it seemed to fail since the girl was a bit taller than him, Seohyun could care less. She wanted him, only him, just to be calm again. She actually thought that he's her guardian angel who descended from the heaven up above, making her always feel safe and sound. In addition to that, the way he patted her back, made her feel like crying harder in his arms.

 

Soon, her moistened eyes began releasing warm tears of both pain and comfort. Crying, in her dictionary, could only happen once in a blue moon. But with the consolation that Suho gave her, she felt like sobbing more; endlessly. She was never afraid to show her weak side to the guy, for he was always there to support her. And she felt valued and loved with his tender loving care. 

 

"Why? What did make my goddess cry like this?" He asked softly, caressing her silky hair.

 

Seohyun parted with the hug, wiping her tears away not to look more pitiful in front of him. But instead, Suho stopped her hands and smile. By that, she knew that he showed that he didn't care, as long as she would be releasing everything - everyone that pained her. "I-I've..fought with my brother. And with the girl whom he had been liking..." She confessed, hiding her swollen face in his chest.

 

Suho cackled lightly, causing the girl to smack him harder than what she intended. "Fighting wasn't existing in my goddess' dictionary. But if you really had a little argument, I believe that's only a misunderstanding. You were always the patient and warfree lady, it must have been really hard on you. I guess..."

 

When Seohyun's tears finally dried, she forced a small smile, thankful with his sincere words. "You really think so? Weren't you...disappointed with me and my childishness?"  

 

Suho shook his head, still wearing the smile that eased Seohyun's feelings. "I believe in you. I actually think that you're too mature that you need to loose down, at least, and be childish at times." He replied. "But I'm not spoiling you little missy...I'm just saying that I believe you're capable of handling yourself. I'm just here, and my shoulder in case you would want to cry again." He reminded her as he pinched her nose.

 

It was true though. It looked like Suho was just siding her; which was unfair to the other side. But, he trusted Seohyun, his goddess who wouldn't act rashly in nature. With the unerasable smile in his lips, he softly grabbed Seohyun's hand, clasping them together perfectly. With some few minutes, the two of them stared at how each of their fingers intertwined fittingly.

 

Seohyun, with fired cheeks, finally managed to smile at how the two of them silently felt that warm and fuzzy feeling. Without words and just mere comfortable atmosphere in between them, Suho squeezed her hand.

 

"Should we get back to our class now?" He asked with lightly flushed cheeks. 

 

Seohyun nodded and giggled. "We definitely should."

 

She might not have fully resolved her problems yet, she's happy and feathery at the moment. And as the couple strode their way to the building, they knew inside that having each others would make everything just better.

 

//

 

Meanwhile, Sehun and Sulli just got out of their room. It was their last and only class wherein the two of them are staying together. Though both of them were still thinking about the situation happened some few hours ago, attending their classes kind of helped them to think more properly.

 

Of course, they weren't able to focus on the subject. With all of the rambling thoughts that filled their confused and terribly functioning brains, they were obviously unable to focus. But that was also their only time to regain the peace they needed for the stir that they have caused.

 

Sehun looked at his side, catching how the girl beside him sighed for the umpteenth time. And he knew too well that she's more than bothered. They came into a decision to fix the problem as soon a spossible. And by that, they meant to fix the problem after classes.

 

And that's probably why Sulli couldn't help but to sigh again and again, worried and afraid of what the future hours may give them.

 

"My noona isn't the type to keep grudges on people so...don't stress yourself more than you already were." He nicely said despite of the fact that it sounded too awkward. Heck - they're just causing themselves to become more awkward.

 

Sulli, who still couldn't look directly in the boy's eyes, paused and shook her head. "I really don't think I would be able to face your sister ever again!" She exclaimed and was about to turn her back when Sehun had already grabbed her hand.

 

Sulli, who froze under his hand, dared to meet with his eyes. And even though she mentally cursed herself fo doing so, she couldn't help but to be reminded of Seohyun's feature. They both have clear eyes, pointed noses and brows that would meet into one thin line when frowning. How unlucky for her who didn't seem to notice it.

 

"Trust me Ssul..." Sehun casually yet emphasized what he wanted to. He was also nervous for he had never seen his sister breaking like that in public - Heck! Even with only the two of them. But he wouldn't let the two important girls in his life to plant hatred towards each other; just because of a little misundertanding - especially with the fact that he's the main reason. 

 

Sulli was both surprised for he had called her again by her nickname, and for the fact that his tone was firm. She had never heard him talking with such a dominating tone. "Choi Sulli, please trust me. My noona would be more than willing to accept anything - and anyone within me." He sincerely stated, as if he's indirectly saying that she's him; as one.

 

Though she knew it wasn't the right time to feel all giddy and lovesick, she couldn't help her heart to beat for him. She then closed her eyes, then slowly opening them as if she had just opened her heart for the postive possibility.

 

"Would you trust me and my noona?" Sehun asked, observing how her hard palm began feeling soft as seconds passed. Sulli bit her lips but finally nodding, trusting completely with him.

 

And such connection between their palms had never been that strong to encourage both to walk together and face what they needed to. Just with feeling of having each others, side by side, made them feel like a whole.