Chapter 1

Hello

Baekhyun waited in the bus station at 7:10 AM to take him to his high school, the place where he was never excited to go to.

 

He wasn't a terrible student, it was quite the opposite. Baekhyun would always go home and do all his homework even if there was a massive pile of it waiting for him on his desk. On top of that, he would always hand it in on time.

When he gets up in the morning, Baekhyun would always get to the bus stop an hour earlier just to get to school. What does he do there for the extra hour?

People say Baekhyun always goes to the library to improve or review materials he had learned the day before.

In reality, Baekhyun is hiding.

Keeping his distance from society.

The same society of people that treat him like a pile of garbage. Throwing him around and tossing him somewhere where he is left to be forgotten.

Bullies always run to him at full force with name calling or physical abuse.

If they found him there, Baekhyun would constantly run away from them until he lost them at one of the only places he felt safe at, the rooftop.

It was fenced with railings that came up two times higher than him. The crisp air he inhaled gave him time to relax. The rooftop's gray atmosphere led him into a paradise none could make up for.

The top of the school became one of his safe haven. It was a place where he could scream until his lungs shriveled up and was in need of oxygen. He felt that screaming would help him relieve his stresses in life. It worked, most of the time.

The beatings, the name-calling; nothing is worse than the fact that no one cares about him. No friends to comfort him in his days of depression. Baekhyun never liked the fact that he was a loner either.

And here, teachers wonder, "Where does Baekhyun go?"

He goes to a number of places. To the bathroom for crying about how he really doesn't deserve the life he has now. Or to the library again to learn and hide away from all the stress this world is giving him.

Sometimes, Baekhyun is tired of all this; tired of having a life that he had created. He's also been keeping this subject away from his parents ever since it happened. His parents however, both have a job that prevents him into not wanting to tell them his situation. His mother is a nurse. There no way he'd want to go to the hospital or to the psychiatrist there. His father is a talk show host for a large television company in mainland China. Obviously, he can't talk to him about it or his reputation would go down quickly.

And despite being how busy they are, Baekhyun isn't their main focus in life right now any, it's their jobs. He doesn't mind though. His parents both are too busy to come home anyway. His mother would stay at the hospital for days even; working on a kind of surgery that her patient's life depends on. No matter the reason, she rarely comes home anyway.

 

Baekhyun sighed when he saw the bus coming; he just had to live his life the way it is now. He believes that when he gets older, things will get better.

He saw the bus coming to a stop in front of him, doors opening away from him. Baekhyun took a step inside, looking over at the seat avaliable. He payed the bus driver the fare money and took a seat at a two-seater chair. He pulled out his iPod and started to listen to the soothing music.

For Baekhyun, music was the only thing that made him feel better, comforting him after every breakdown. Almost all his songs in his playlist (or music library) were ballads -- but he still have some rock and dance music. The important thing about knowing about this is that he loved to sing. He wasn't really sure if his voice was good or not but either way, he loved to sing his heart out. Pressing the play button, he smiled and closed his eyes while listening to his favorite song, 'What is Love' by EXO.

He felt a little paranoid for a second as if someone was watching him listening to music. Baekhyun opened his eyes to find out that a boy who stood a small distance from Baekhyun was staring at him in a questionable way. It was as if the stranger is trying to read Baekhyun's messed up thoughts.

Baekhyun got a little creeped out so he quickly turned away from the boy. After several minutes passed from staring out the window; watching people  and cars pass by the moving bus, he glanced back at the boy to find out that the other's eyes were still on him.

He felt uneasy from the amount of tension the two had silently created between them. Suddenly, the boy looked away from him. Baekhyun wanted to take a better look at this mysterious stranger. The boy was no longer staring at him which made it impossible. Baekhyun tilted his head and looked down at his clothes, the boy was wearing the same uniform as Baekhyun coincidentally. Baekhyun seemed to be in shock for a short while.

"Maybe he was a guy that also wanted to make my life miserable and kick me around."

Baekhyun shivered at the sudden thought , but they quickly faded away when the boy looked back at him, almost giving Baekhyun a slight heart attack. The boy smiled at him and Baekhyun couldn't believe it, he really thought he was dreaming for a second.

"I don't think a bully would smile at me." He muttered under his breath.

Baekhyun smiled at the thought and blushed a little; remembering that the boy was actually quite handsome. Baekhyun looked back at the seat the boy was sitting at, but couldn't find the stranger any longer. He looked out the window and realised that he already arrived at the high school. After he got out of the bus, Baekhyun looked around the area. He didn't see any signs of the attractive schoolmate. He sighed and proceeded to walk further towards the hell hole.

"Maybe it was only my imagination..."

Baekhyun knew that he wasn't the picture-perfect child who would get perfect grades, had an amusing group of friends, and woulf eventually go on to marrying a great woman.

First of all, Baekhyun doesn't feel any attraction to women ever since he was little. A few months prior to this day, Baekhyun had come out of the closet and told his mother and father that he was gay. Of course, his parents didn't mind it. They just said the usual quote, "If you're happy, then we're happy." Baekhyun knew that his parents would never lie about their reply to this topic. Although Baekhyun is actually really happy to know that his parents approve, he doesn't have anyoone to talk about these kinds of things with.

He start to walk to the school, finding out that is still 10 minutes until classes were to start. Baekhyun prayed so that no bullies get in his way this morning. Nothing was going to get to him, not when he just saw a handsome boy from his school smiling at him. For Baekhyun, it was a sign that today could maybe be better for him.

Baekhyun started to blow in his hands and rubbed them together, creating a warm sensation absorbing into his palm. It was a fairly cold morning and Baekhyun, again, forgot to bring his gloves today.

Baekhyun suddenly heard a crack behind him and footsteps pacing behind him. His lips twitched to a slight smile, thinking that maybe it was the boy that was permanently stuck in his mind. Instead, when he turned around, his lips fell and his eyes showed immense amounts of horror. Baekhyun walked back slowly but soon had been punched from the back.

They were the bullies that came everyday to Baekhyun to harass and beat him again. Baekhyun whimpered at the shot of pain and tried to run when he tried to get up.

The strangers had other plans for the boy.

They weren't going to let him go just like that, he needed to make him suffer

Why?

It was because they could.

They even always had fun doing so. The first one kicked Baekhyun in the stomach, making the boy buckle his knees until he collapsed on the ground. The next one punched him in the side, fracturing a rib. The largest one slammed Baekhyun to the ground, making the victim of this mess cry and yelp in pain.

Once the three strangers decided that they had enough, they all spat at Baekhyun one last time and left him sobbing and clenching his stomach. After what seemed like years, Baekhyun got up slowly and limped back to his home, not wanting to continue his day in the current state he was in. He just wanted and take a shower and sleep off the burning pain.

Baekhyun took a long shower that made him feel much more relaxed than his previous state. He slipped in his bed sheets and hugged his big white bunny blushie that made him feel safe.

Baekhyun's room was all white. Even the walls,bed sheets, desk, his closet, some of his clothes, the carpet was pure white. He also had dozens of white bunny plushies. Let's just say that baekhyun's favorite color is white and his favourite animal was bunny.

He tried to close his eyes and fall asleep, but something, more like someone, popped into his mind again; it was the strange boy from the bus.

After thinking about it for some time now, he just wanted to meet the stranger and tell him one word.  

A word that he believed could be the beginning for a friendship.

He just want to meet him and tell him, "Hello."