It was a choice. Drabble.

Void.

He woke up. He felt it missing, like a dark hole in his body. Lying in the pearl white sheets he thought about his missing piece. His numb fingers blindly clutching what used to be his favorite side of the bed.

"Wake up baozi," the affectionate name bounced off the walls of their shared room.

"Why?" Minseok complained "Let's stay here all day."
Lu Han wrapped his arms around his baozi's waist and buried his face in the soft skin of his lovers neck. He inhaled the all too familiar scent of vanilla.

"I wish, but Kris wants me to print out the manuscript for my new book," Lu Han kissed Minseok's forehead.

"Fine," Minseok pouted.

Lu Han got up. His feet padded across the carpet. He took a quick shower and began to get dressed. Lu Han looked at the mirror and saw the dead eyes that stared back at him. The room was empty.  Lu Han glanced at his manuscript.

Luhan was ruffling through the sea of papers of his desk. He felt something press against his back.
"What are you looking for?" Minseok asked.

"My manuscript," Lu Han panicked "Kris is going to kill me if I don't have it today," he continued to overturn their bedroom.Minseok walked to the living room and came back to their shared bedroom. Lu Han failed to notice his lover holding the object of his frenzy.

"Luhan...."

"I can't find it baozi! What am I going to do!" Lu Han turned his head and stared at  what was in Baozi's hands.

"Oh my God! You don't know how much I love you," Lu Han ran to Minseok and kisses his lips. Minseok giggled and gave Lu Han his precious manuscript.


Lu Han sighed and grabbed his keys. He lethargically trudged towards the door. He grabbed the bouquet of roses. Lu Han stepped out the door and got into the car. Driving past everything that was familiar to him and stopping at his destination.

"Baozi, can you go get me coffee from the coffee shop around the block," Lu Han sang sweetly. Lu Han reached over the couch and pouted at Minseok while hugging him.

"Maybe.." Minseok said while smiling slowly.

"Please.." La Han said putting effort into looking like a child asking for candy.

"Okay, move and let me get it," Miseok went to the door.

"Wait, Why are u leaving?" Lu Han asked looking at Minseok.

"To the coffee shop across the street Lu Han. You know, You were the one that decided to make 'Coffee soup'," Minseok said staring at Lu Han.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time!" LuHan sniffed. Minseok rolled his eyes and told Lu Han that he'll be back in bit. After some moments Lu Han remembered that he wanted Minseok to pick up a special surprise that would add the finishing touches that would bind them for the rest of their life. Lu Han had bought them but he hid them and wanted Minseok to pick them up at the place they first met. He planned to arrive first but had to tell Minseok to get them. The coffee and manuscript were merely props.


Lu Han's feet stepped on the grass and made his way over to a specific point.

Lu Han ran out of the apartment and called out to Minseok.
"What!" Minseok screamed pausing in the middle of the crosswalk. Lu Han screamed something but all Minseok heard was a loud horn. Lu Han's eyes started to water as the scene unfolded.


Lu Han looked at what was in front of Him.It was a cold inscribed stone. He gently set the roses down and felt tears well
up in his eyes. Maybe, Lu Han thought, if he had waited. Maybe if he actually decided to plan further. Maybe if he could stop time. Maybe if he could reverse it.  Maybe if he was faster. Maybe, there wouldn't be a void.

 

 

 


OTL I'm sorry for those who thought this would be longer...i feel like it's longer than a drabble though.

and I'm sorry if it seems rushed.

I tried guise,

really.

If you actually decided to read this,

thank you,

a lot.

like seriously.