You Can't See It...

You Make Me Go Insane

                      "IlHoon! It's your turn now!" EunJi bellowed from the dressing room. I rolled my eyes and stood up, dragging my feet to the room. She could be such a gorilla sometimes. SungJae was laughing as he walked out of the room, hands in his pockets. He stopped as soon as he saw me. His hand reaching out for my arm.

                      " Hyung. You alright? You look tired. Look at those purple bags under your eyes," he exclaimed. His face painted with concern.

                      I smiled my signature smile. "I'm alright, Maknae," i patted his hand and gently brushed it away from my arm.

                      I arrived to the dressing room only to find EunJi busy searching for an outfit in the wardrobe. I cleared my throat. She whirled to face me and our eyes met. I could hear my heart beating wildly. Oh, there it go again.

                      "You're here," she said cheerily. She held up her forefinger, "Just give me another few more seconds."

                      I nodded and paced towards the seat in front of the dressing table. I sat down and crossed my legs, brushing my hair with my fingers as I gaze at the handsome me in the mirror. Seconds later, she arrived with a black blazer filled with glitters. She smiled at me through the mirror. I stood up and let her put the blazer over my plain white T-shirt. I sat back down as she stepped to the table, reaching for the make-up kit.

                    "Why are you so quiet today?" she asked out of the blue. "You were never this quiet. Is something bothering you?"

                   I shrugged, trying to avoid her gaze through the mirror. "Spill then beans when you're ready. You know you can trust me," she said as she turned to face me, wearing the same warm smile that melts my heart every single time i lay my eyes on it. But her beautiful smile faded away as soon as she realized something.

                    "What happened to your eyes? Did you not sleep last night?" she frowned.

                    I looked away, not wanting her to see me like this. Not wanting to answer her question. I rested my elbow on the arm of the chair and touched my temples. No doubt, she was all i had in my mind last night. I can't stop thinking about losing her. I can't afford to let her go. I want her to be by my side.

 

                                    *                       *                      *                     *

 

                      "What are you doing here?" a familiar voice echoed through the hallway as I stepped out of the gent. I pulled down my sleeves and stepped out of the corner, but stopped my tracks as soon as i saw EunJi. Yes. She was suppose to be waiting for me, alone. But this time, a man was with her. An unrecognizable man, grasping my girl's arm.

                      EunJi shook her arm away from his grasp. "I asked you a question. So you're suppose to give me an answer instead of touching me," she said angrily, clenching her teeth

                     "I miss you. I really do," he said softly.

                     EunJi scoffed, "Have you been stalking me?"

                    "EunJi please. Let me explain,"

                    "What more do you want?!" she yelled. "I gave you almost everything. But you threw them away, dumped me like a piece of trash and went away without saying goodbye. I waited for you like a fool all these years. But you were happily married on the other side!"

                    Tears started to stream down her face. I wanted to go there. I wanted to pull her into my embrace. I wanted to give that man a real good punch in the face. But my feet were glued onto the floor. I could only clenched my fists tightly to every word hurtful confession she expressed.

                   She wiped her face with the back of her hand. "Leave me alone. I don't want to see your face here."

                   "It's alright. I know you're mad. I'm really sorry. For everything i had done. I couldn't forgive myself. All those years, you are all i had in my mind. I  still love you. And the marriage you're talking about, it's a contract marriage. We divorced three months ago.

                    I understand that you're not ready to accept me back into your life. But no matter how long it takes, I'm willing to wait. I would do anything. I want us to be like before, perfect," he explained.

                   EunJi showed no reaction towards his explanation. She continued staring at the wall behind him.. The man heaved out a heavy sigh and leave the scene. He was shuffling towards my direction. I quickly push the gent's door with my palm and let it closed with a thud. I began to hum a randon song to avoid being suspected of eavesdropping. The man walked past me as though i was invisible. I walked out of the corner and caught EunJi with a tissue in her hand. I approached her slowly, still humming that random song. My heart ached upon seeing her red face.

                 "Atchoo!" she faked a sneeze. "Oh! You're here," she exclaimed, trying to look surprised. "What took you so long? I'm tired of waiting," she pouted.

                 I'm tired of waiting. Her words felt like she'd sliced them through me. 

                "If you're tired then just leave!" I raised my voice, looking straight into her eyes. She was stunned by what i had lashed out. I turned my back to her and stomped away.

 

*                          *                      *                      *

 

                  "Knock knock! Earth to Jung IlHoon!" EunJi's yell snapped me back to reality. I stared into the mirror. The purple bags under my eyes were gone. 

                   "IlHoon," I turned to her who was standing beside me all these while. "What happened to you?" she folded her arms.

                   "Nothing," I murmured nonchalantly.

                   She just shrugged. "Fine then." She shifted to the dressing table and dug into the make-up kit.

                   "Noona," i called out.

                   "Mmm?" she asked, still digging the make-up kit.

                   "Who's the man that was with you when I was in the loo yesterday?" I asked  softly.

                   EunJi stopped what she did and turned around to face me. She leaned her body leaning against the table. A faint smile formed on her cherry lips.

                   "You heard everything?" she asked, her head tilted to the side. I nodded in reply. She did not react. Instead, she looked down and started to play with the fabric of her pink blouse. The whole room turned silent for a while.

                   "So, are you going back to that guy?" I asked out of curiosity. Anxiety sipped through me. I crossed my fingers, hoping that she wouldn't.

                   She shook her head, still playing with her shirt. "I don't know."

                   "Don't go," i blurted. EunJi lifted her head and looked at me, puzzled. I clenched my teeth upon realizing what i said.

                   "Why?" she asked. I rose from my seat and locked eyes with her.

                   "I do not want you to leave me," I said sternly.

                   She snorted. "What are you talking about? You know that I'll never leave your side. Ah. I get it now. You must be having a nightmare last night," she chuckled. "Sorry boy. Really sorry," she smiled and started messing my hair.

                   I couldn't believe it. How could she? How could she do this to me? How can she not see it? She's driving me crazy. My heart was acting crazy too, as if it was going to burst any time, any minute, any second. I wanted to yell at her. Yell out all my heart's content. But i couldn't. A lump in my throat had blocked it.....