Sequel!

You Make Me Crash And Burn

 

[Yongguk's POV]

I gaze at Himchan from behind the wall for the thousandth time. He's with that girl again... I shouldn't interrupt them...

Aish, when will I ever get the courage to face him?

I ruffle my hair in frustration. I've been here for ages, yet I still haven't mustered up enough courage to face Himchan. I'm afraid of how he'd react when he sees me. I was the cause of his misery, of his heartbreak, of his death...

"Yah! Bang Yongguk, stop being such a damn coward and go and tell him you love him already!" Youngjae's voice cuts into my thoughts, and I almost leap a foot in the air. Quickly, I slap a hand over his mouth, my eyes swiftly flicking to Himchan. Luckily, he hasn't heard.

"Youngjae! Quiet down!" I smack him playfully on his head, peeking at Himchan again.

Youngjae rolls his eyes, and gives me a small shove. "Go and confess already, you idiot."

I stick my tongue out at him like a small child and take a tentative step towards Himchan. I look back and see Youngjae mouth 'Hwaiting!'. I take a deep breath and, taking long, confident strides, I slowly make my way over to Himchan. No, I correct myself. He's my Channie.

 

[Himchan's POV]

I play with the ring in my hands, sliding it onto my left ring-finger, where a matching ring sits snugly, and removing it absentmindedly. I meant to give it to him when I was still alive... Before I found out about him and Zelo... A tear falls from my right eye, and I brush it away quickly, but I know Sunhwa has seen.

"Yah, Kim Himchan. Didn't you promise me you wouldn't cry over him anymore?" Sunhwa glares at me. She's been my confidant ever since I came here, and she's been helping me to get over Yongguk. I think she's probably the only person who bothered to listen to me.

"..Sunhwa, it's hard. I love him so much..." More tears threaten to push past my eyelashes, and I hurriedly blink them away. Sunhwa worked so hard to help me get over Yongguk; at the very least, I shouldn't cry in front of her.

Sunhwa's expression softens and she pulls me into a gentle hug. "Channie, you can cry if you want. I won't judge you."

It's as if her words trigger some unknown switch inside of me, and all at once the tears flow.

"..S-Sunhwa... O-Ottoke... I really l-love him s-so much..." I keep choking on my tears, not able to control my emotions.

"Then let me love you." A familiar deep voice says behind me, and I stiffen in shock.

I turn around and gasp. "Y-Yongguk?!" I turn away, not knowing how to face him, and I notice that Sunhwa is gone. I silently plead for her to come back, to stay with me. I can't face Yongguk alone, I can't, I can't...

"Channie. Face me." I hear a note of desperation in his voice, and I can't help but turn around.

"Why are you here..? Are you..?" I trail off, not knowing how to ask the question. Why is Yongguk in heaven? He's not dead,  is he? If he is, why?

"Yes, I'm dead... I killed myself, for you." My eyes grow wide at his statement. He killed himself...for me?

"Channie, when you killed yourself, I realised I couldn't live without you. I asked Zelo out for the sake of my father, who works under Zelo's father. I thought there were feelings between us, and I kept deluding myself that I only wanted you as a buddy because Zelo was too young, but I was lying to myself. I was in denial. Channie, I love you so much. Please believe me, I know what I did was wrong, I know nothing I say will make what I did explicable, I know nothing I do will atone for what I did-"

I gently press my lips to his, cutting him off. His arms automatically wrap around me, and I press closer to his chest. We stay like that for a few seconds, until I pull away and smile gently at him. "Gukkie, you don't need to explain. I believe you."

"Why, Channie? After all I did?" He asks me with a somewhat bewildered expression. I can tell he's been worrying about this moment for ages.

"Because I love you, Gukkie. I love you and I always will." I answer confidently, because there isn't a need for me to hesitate. Because I really love him that much.

"I love you too, Channie. I promise I'll never hurt you again." Yongguk kisses me gently on the lips again, and I don't hesitate to kiss back.

I love you so much, Gukkie. We'll be together. Forever and always.

Even in heaven.