Chapter 2

Banana Lovers

 It was the last class of the day and Chanyeol was about to head back to the dorm when TO ALL MA BAYBEH YESSIR URIREUL TTARA YESSIR SIJAKHAE READEH ACT-

 “GOSH.” Exaggerated Chanyeol.  “HELL- Hello?”

 Since he was the last one to leave, the classroom was extremely quiet. He needed to change the ringtone into ballad someday or he might have a heart attack.

 “Park Chanyeol, am I right?”

 “Yes it’s me. Who’s this?”

 “Please come to the room with the ‘Club 03’ on it. We’re having a meeting.”

 “Oh…kay?” He furrowed his eyes in confusion but it soon clicked. “Ah, are you that Banana something club?”

 “Yes I a- I mean it is. And it’s Banana Lovers to you.” The guy on the other line answered seriously as Chanyeol muttered a small ‘sorry’.

 “Okay, I’ll be going now. Thanks for informing me.” He said cheerfully.

 “Nice talking to you.”

 He hung up and the cheerfulness immediately disappeared as he gave out a long sigh. Without an option, he just went straight to the said room.

 ‘Weird.’ He thought. ‘What does a Banana Lovers club has to discuss anyway? About bananas?’

 He thought if he joined this club, he wouldn’t have to do anything at all. It’s a Banana Lovers club for God's sake! That was why he chose it. He hated activities. His specialty was even lazing around.

 Meh.

 Taking out his phone again when he remembered a rather important thing, he dialed Junmyeon’s number. If he didn’t, Junmyeon would probably go everywhere looking for him and he would end up with a speech about being kidnapped or getting lost.

 I’m 19 and ing 185 cm tall! What idiot would want to kidnap me? - His once denied words of justification.

 “Okay. But be back as soon as you can. It’s late.” The seriousness of Junmyeon was soon replaced by an excited one. “I want you to meet Yixing!”

 Oh… It wasn’t Bing Xing something then.

 “I’ll be back soon, don’t worry.” He said obediently while chuckling before hanging up.

***

 ‘Club 03 club 03… Ah here it is!’ Chanyeol’s eyes lit up as he found the room. There were soooo many rooms for clubs in the building and they weren’t even set in order. What - oh yeah, the so-called Principal.

 “He-hello? Can I come in? I’m Park Chanyeol.” He knocked and suddenly felt nervous for no practical reason.

 “Yes. Come in please.” A voice came out from the other side of the door.

 Okay, this was what Chanyeol had expected: a room with yellow painting, bananas, bananas and bananas. And this was the reality: a room with modern dark blue painting, an expensive-looking leather sofa, a LED TV with some game controllers in front, a small bar on the side and a rectangular glass table in the middle.

 Is alcohol even allowed in a university?

 “Welcome! You are the last member to join this year. Please take a sit.” A sharp-featured guy stood up and Chanyeol remembered it was the voice calling him earlier.

 He obeyed, sitting rather awkwardly in the corner of the sofa, hands on his knees. He let his eyes scan around the room and stopped at a cute looking boy with a doll-liked face sitting right beside him. Then he noticed two blonde guys.

 ‘Now it looks more like a Banana Lovers club.’ He sighed, somewhat in relief, because he was in the edge of panicking right now; the surrounding was just too suspicious! But he straightened his posture immediately when his name was heard. The atmosphere was ing tense and he didn’t know why.

 “Now Park Chanyeol and hmm… Luhan. Thank you for choosing this as your club this year. As you can see, we only have like, 8 members including the two of you so, yeah, we have to maintain this number no matter what in order to keep this club going. But you can’t leave anyway, so we don’t have to worry about that.” The sharp-featured guy said with his high voice, grinning evilly at his last sentence.

 “Wha- what do you mean by-” Chanyeol spoke his thought out loud but was cut short by the boy beside him.

 “But I only see 7 people here.” Luhan said, raising his hand.

 You don’t have to raise your hand.

 “Ah yeah. The other member, he’s special. He doesn’t need to be here.”  The sharp-featured guy said while didn’t actually care as he sat on a chair, putting his arm around a chubby guy’s shoulders.

 “Uhm. I have something to say…” Chanyeol awkwardly continued what he was cut earlier as if he was afraid of somebody hitting him.

Awkward is so the first word to be found in Chanyeol’s dictionary.

 “Spill.” The sharp-featured guy said with his mouth full of chips.

 “Uhm… So… I’ve been wondering, what is this club about anyway? I know it’s a Banana Lovers club and all but, I don’t see any bananas or anything related here. And what did you mean by we can’t leave?”

 He swallowed hard when he finished his question. He had a bad, very bad feeling about all of this.

 “Didn’t you read the contract?” The sharp-featured guy asked, raising his eyebrows.

 “Yes I did!” Luhan said rasing his hand while grinning ear to ear. They wouldn’t give you any candy you know.

 Chanyeol just shook his head.

 "Baekhyunnie, show him~"

 The guy named Baekhyun, who Chanyeol didn’t notice before, rolled his eyes before standing up from a chair and lazily walk to his bag. He pulled out a paper which Chanyeol assumed to be the contract.

 When Baekhyun walked closer to him, something suddenly hit.

 “Hey you’re the guy I bumped into! You were rude you know, ignoring me like that. You should have accepted my apology!” He said while crossing his arms.

 Silence.

 Beakhyun just stared at him, eyes wide, not recalling what the taller was talking about.

 ‘Ah… How can those eyelashes be so long and pretty……………………………”

 Uh, whut?

 “Uh, Chanyeol-ssi?” Beakhyun suddenly spoke, breaking the silence.

 “Oh just call me Chanyeol.”

 Uh, again… Whut?

 “O…kay? Uh… this…” Baekhyun said, eyes motioning to the paper.

 Chanyeol finally got out of his fantasy and clumsily took the paper in Baekhyun’s hand, which landed on the ground for the fourth time.

 The ticking sound of the clock could be heard.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 “WHAT THE ?”