Truth

Deadly Sweet Melody

 

I lay on my bed reminiscing about last night’s events. Did that really happen? Was it just a figment of my imagination? Everything just seemed so unreal but something told me that they really did happen and I’m just deluding myself into thinking that it didn’t. I ran a hand through my hair in frustration. Why is it so complicated? Knowing what she really was and what she’s capable of really scares me but at the same time I can’t seem to get her out of my head. Minah. Every time I think of her my heart would skip a beat, my stomach would do flips, and I just unknowingly smile. I-I think I’m going crazy. I tossed and turned not wanting to think about it. It was no use. No matter what songs I would randomly sing out loud, I just couldn’t take my mind off of it.

 

Finally getting out of bed after laying there awake for most of the morning, I changed into sweats and put on my running shoes. I jogged out the house and onto the streets not really knowing where to go. Should I just run around the block? I opted to just let my feet go wherever they felt like going even if it meant going to a specific park that was home to specific girl. I’ve never really noticed how far I actually lived away from the park until 30 minutes later I found myself at it’s entrance panting as if I ran a marathon. I wasn’t exactly a fit person. I would like to say that I occasionally workout… once every other week for a whopping 1 hour. I’m very proud of myself for at least doing some physical activity other than walking from one part of my apartment to another.

 

The park was quite dead even though it was only half past 12 in the afternoon. After walking for about 10 minutes, I concluded that this park was completely empty. No human beings in sight except for me of course.

 

I hesitantly made my way to the pond half hoping that she wouldn’t be there, but I knew in the back of my head that she would always be there, watching and waiting for the perfect catch to satisfy her needs.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol walked slowly, hesitance was obvious in his body language. He fiddled with his fingers as he stood in front of the pond. Nervousness had taken over his hesitance from earlier. But what could make Chanyeol nervous? Was it the unbelievable truth or the realization of the feelings he held deeply buried within him for Minah? They’ve only met the day before so how could Chanyeol feel this way towards Minah considering the little time they’ve know each other? Is it just infatuation or somewhere along the lines of love? Chanyeol contemplates but shrugs of infatuation and leans towards love as the answer. But is it really?

 

All this time Chanyeol had been off in his own little world Minah emerged from the deep depths of Siren’s Lake. Minah observed Chanyeol before getting out of the water. Sloshing sounds were made as she made her way to the ends. The sounds had made Chanyeol return to reality. He watched as she got out. He was deeply aroused at the sight. He dared not to look away, enjoying himself every second.

 

“What brings you here?” Minah said. Chanyeol was slightly surprised by the lack of… innocence in her tone of voice. Snapping out of his daze, Chanyeol replied with a mere shrug. It was clear to Chanyeol that the Minah he met a couple of days ago was just a mere façade of the real one but yet he could not get rid of these feelings even if it was, at first, meant for the fake.

 

Minah shakes her head as she walks towards Chanyeol. She stands next to him. “Why’d you come?” Minah turns her head to look at him but his eyes are fixated on the tips of his fingernails. “Chanyeol,” Minah says in a hushed tone. Chanyeol lifts his head to face hers and almost instantly do their eyes lock into an intense staring battle. Minah opens to say something but nothing comes out and so she is forced to close them.

 

Chanyeol glances back and forth at Minah’s lips and then at her eyes. He was tempted to kiss those soft pink lips. He tries to resist but fails in the end. Without warning, his lips come into contact with hers. It was slow and sweet but grew harsh and lustful. Chanyeol wraps his arms around Minah’s waist as she ran her fingers through his hair. Chanyeol was too engrossed with the kiss that he didn’t notice how close they were to the edge of the pond. He didn’t notice how Minah would slowly move backwards. He didn’t notice how she was luring him into the water until it was too late. By the time he found out they were already in too deep. “Mi-“ Chaneyol gasped out but was cut off with Minah’s lips crashing down on his. “I’m sorry~”

 

 

 

 

A tall young man stands in front of an all too familiar pond in the middle of spring. He counts the lotus flowers one by one. “… 17, 18, 19, and-“ He was cut off by an all too familiar girl. “And 20.” He jumps out of surprise but blushes when he sees a beautiful woman with ember like hair and chrome colored irises that looked all to real for it to be fake. “Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you." She smiles. "I’m Minah.”

 

 

 


And that concludes Deadly Sweet Melody. I hope you guys liked it and make sure to read my other stories.