"Jae Hwa, you look like a complete idiot."

Know Your Name

T H R O W B A C K x S I X T E E N .  Y E A R S  . O L D

She was bouncing up in down in excitement as tears of joy ran down her cheeks. It didn’t matter to her that she looked like a complete obsessed psycho path, she was overwhelmed with excitement. It didn’t matter anyways, everyone else around her was screaming and bouncing as well, she just happened to be the one wearing flamboyant bright high lighter colors. She was wearing a bright pink tutu, knee high tube socks with two yellow stripes on top of her black stockings, a tight bright green colored shirt, with several glow in the dark sticks, and a pink bandana wrapped around her head with her hair in a high ponytail.

She completely sticks out in this dim crowd. Of course the fans were carrying glow sticks as well, but it could not beat the 16-year old girl that was bouncing with attention. She had glow in the dark paint on her face, one cheek spells out, “JAY,” and the other side had, “Park!” She had several glow in the dark accessories on, three different colored ones around her neck and one on both her ankles and both her wrists. She went all out for this concert, she knew Jay Park having a concert in New York City wasn’t something that was going to happen all the time, and she even took Friday off of school to get her nails done with Jay’s full name on it. She was obviously an obsessed fan girl.

She shouted out lyrics of his song along with him. Her friend, Tae Hee, was completely embarrassed by his best friend looking like a deranged maniac. Tae Hee’s face showed no signs of excitement and you can tell he wasn’t amused at all. On top of that, he was going to be dragged to his meet and greet later on tonight, he rolled his eyes at the thought of it.
 

“Jae Hwa, you look like a complete idiot.” He said with her arms folded as he rolled her eyes.

Jae Hwa smiled at her best friends’ usual attitude, “Try to have fun, Tae!!” She screamed as she jumped around happily.

(MEET AND GREET)

“Make sure you take lots of photos!!” Jae Hwa repeated to Tae Hee as they waited in line for their turn. They were only four people away from meeting him.

It was a line of people waiting to meet him; the line was long enough to extend all the way around the long corners of NYC. They’ve been waiting to see him for two hours now, and to Jae Hwa, the wait was short and worth it. Tae Hee begs to differ.

 

Jae Hwa isn’t always like this; she’s actually a pretty chill person. She’s a senior, very outgoing and well-known. She’s been a fan of Jay since 2008. A little bit before the whole incident with 2PM. Jay’s the only k-pop artist she’s actually interested in. Her usual taste in music consists of Trey Songz and Chris Brown, artists that fall into that category.

 

“I am a huge fan of yours!!” Jae Hwa screamed before letting him speak. He chuckled with a bright white smile that made Jae Hwa squeal, “Thanks, you’re very loud and I like your outfit. I like the name that’s written on you.”

“Thanks and I get that a lot,” She walked on the other side of the table to take a photo with Jay like everyone else did. She was so excited, her hands were shaking due to how excited she was, and she had a plan. She and Tae Hee had gone over it earlier that day.

She kneeled down a little to match his height because he was sitting, he put up the peace sign and Tae Hee was counting down to take the picture,
 “3… 2… 1…” Just as 1 hit, Jae Hwa kissed his cheek. Jae Hwa smiled as she stood up; Jay was completely surprised. He laughed nervously after shaking it off. The group of fan girls were shouting and groaning in jealousy.

Jae Hwa ran up to Tae Hee, “Did you get it on camera?!” She asked as she jumped around.

Tae Hee nodded, “Can we go now?”

Jae Hwa nodded and then she turned around, “Nice meeting you, Jay!” She smiled, “I love you and hope to meet you again!!”

He laughed, “Nice to meet you too.” As he waved to her bye as she walked away.

Tae Hee still had to drive for two hours to get home, so Jae Hwa understood why he was in such a rush.


Sorry for the confusion, this was chapter 1 at first but I decided to use the forewords as chapter 1 instead! I wanted to change a few things up and this whole story line is completely changed! To something better, I promise. :)

12.04.12.  xoxo