Epilogue

Prejudices

 

Myungsoo gazed at Jiyeon, captivated by her beauty, “It’s perfect. You’re perfect.”

Jiyeon blushed, looking down at the dress, “Don’t exaggerate, Myungsoo.”

Myungsoo took her hand, “I’m not exaggerating. You know I never exaggerate. If anything, I do the exact opposite. You look ravishing.” He kissed her gently on the cheek.

“Woah, woah, hold up. Don’t display so much skinship in public, man.” JB covered his eyes in mock horror. Myungsoo kicked one of the discarded high-heels at him, “Oh shut up. I should never have gotten you to be my best man.”

JB jumped out of the way. He was dressed in a tux, looking handsome as always. Behind him, Woohyun and Hyomin waited. Jiyeon stared at Hyomin, dressed in a beautiful, short white dress, “Wow, Hyomin-unnie, you and Woohyun-oppa are really trying to outdo the bride and groom, aren’t you?”

Hyomin rolled her eyes, “Just because I’m naturally prettier than you-”

Myungsoo kicked another shoe at her, “Yah, don’t insult my bride!”

Woohyun just managed to kick the shoe out of the way, “And don’t abuse my wife!”

There was a general laugh. Myungsoo’s phone rang; he glanced at it, “My parents are here, I’ll go and find them first.” He kissed Jiyeon again.

JB made a choking sound and pretended to claw at his throat.

Woohyun and Hyomin turned to leave, “We should go get our seats.” Hyomin paused, smiling at her friend, “And honestly, Jiyeon, Myungsoo is right. You do look stunning.” They left.

JB walked over to stand beside Jiyeon, “Look at you. All grown up, and about to get married.”

“I’m older than you are.” Jiyeon reminded him. JB chuckled, “Still.”

“…Is this the right choice, JB?” After a long pause, she spoke, the uncertainty showing on her face for the first time, “We’ve been together a long time, almost four years, but I can’t help but remember the way we started out, that it was a cont-” she couldn’t say the words.

JB frowned, “He told you he loved you, didn’t he? For real.”

“Yes, but I can’t help but think…what if…I don’t know, I’m just so scared that one day, he’ll leave me…” Jiyeon’s voice trailed off as tears came to her eyes.

JB set his hands down heavily on her shoulders, “It won’t happen. Even if it does, I’ll punch him till he regains his senses, all right?”

“…I haven’t even met his family yet.”

JB hesitated.

“I’m wondering…is it because he doesn’t intend for our relationship to last. He can’t be bothered to let me meet his parents because he’s just going to break up with me.” The tears nearly overflowed, and Jiyeon wiped them away with a small laugh, “I’m paranoid, aren’t I?” But the uncertainty was still there.

“That’s not it, Jiyeon. You’ll see. By the end of the day, you’ll see.” JB responded. He paused for a moment, “In fact, you can see it right now if you want.”

Jiyeon turned to look at him in surprise, “What do you mean.”

JB jerked his head towards the door, “Follow me.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Myungsoo folded his arms, his poker face back on as he stared woodenly at her, “What do you want?”

Mrs Kim hesitated. She half-turned towards Taeyeon, spreading her hands in a request for help.

Sungyeol and Taeyeon stepped forward, “Mother wants you to reconsider.” Taeyeon cast a careless glance at the chapel behind her brother, “Reconsider marrying this…Jiyeon girl.”

“If that’s all you’re here to say, then leave.” Myungsoo pointed back at the car, “I don’t need you all here.”

Sungyeol leaned forward, “Think about this carefully, brother-in-law. You’ll lose everything if you marry her.”

Myungsoo’s smile was sardonic, “Father’s already thrown me out? What else can he do to me? Cut me off from the inheritance?”

Mrs Kim stepped forward, clutching Myungsoo’s hands tightly, “Myungsoo-ah, I don’t want to lose my son…your father says that if you insist on marrying this girl then he’ll disown you and forbid all of us from ever seeing you again. I…I don’t want that.”

“Why do you have to listen to him all the time?” Myungsoo ripped his hands away from his mother, “Why do you have to adhere to his stupid prejudices? Why do we have to be so snobbish and arrogant like he is?” His eyes burned, his voice dripping with bitterness, “Why did you have to let me be tainted with the same snobbish prejudices? Do you know that because of you all, I nearly lost the chance to meet the most important woman in my life.”

Mrs Kim took a step back, startled by her son’s sudden vehemence. Sungyeol raised a hand, “Wait, Myungsoo, listen-”

“I don’t want to be cut off from the rest of the family either. But I won’t leave Jiyeon. Not when you’re the ones being unreasonable.” Myungsoo turned away from them, then started, his eyes wide, “Jiyeon, what are you…”

Jiyeon was staring at the Kim Family with wide eyes, forming a little O. She looked at Myungsoo, “They…”

Myungsoo grabbed Jiyeon’s hands, pulling her back into the chapel. Jiyeon’s eyes were teary again, “You didn’t tell me about your father…”

Myungsoo smiled, a true smile, one that he only showed to her, “It doesn’t matter. As long as I have you, all their stupid prejudices don’t matter one whit to me. All that matters is you.”

Gently, he leaned forward and kissed her. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Finally done! I had serious mental block for this last chapter - I wanted to end on a happy note, but at the same time convey that not all the troubles are over for Jiyeon and Myungsoo.

I'm actually not that satisfied with this threeshot, I don't think I conveyed all the emotions and feelings that I wanted to, but I hope all you readers liked it :) 

On a sidenote, I've got another threeshot lined up, also a competition story, and also Myungyeon: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/314604/the-path-not-taken-angst-hoya-infinite-jiyeon-myungsoo-tara-myungyeon. Whereas Prejudices was more fluffy, this new one will be more angst and tragedy, so I hope you can all check it out and support it! 

Once again, I thank all the readers, and miss_lollipop for organising this competition. Please comment on your thoughts, and support my new fic!