1

A Fanboy's Diary

I was frozen on my spot. Had I heard it right? Was my tiredness playing tricks on me? Yes, that must be it, I was tired and thus, I was imagining and hearing things. This is nothing to be worried about. I returned to packing my things but suddenly stopped when I heard the silent creaking of my door. Tensing up, I dropped whatever I was holding and placed it on top of the table. I looked behind me. “Hi,” this tall guy, with brown hair did a small wave and greeted me. Yup, it was true. He is none other than Hwang Chansung, of 2PM. freaking 2PM!

He entered my room and sat on the small couch which was placed just beside my bed. “So, you’re Yujin-hyung’s nephew. Wow, you look like a girl,” he teased and yet, I couldn’t bring myself to get mad. I looked at him like he was mad. I was about to open my mouth when my mother entered and placed a glass of orange juice on the table. “Honey, I forgot to tell you. Yujin works in JYPE, he’s 2PM’s manager,” she said. I looked at her in disbelief. She only mentioned that now? Unbelievable.

 My mother left and went back to her room. I was left with the beastly idol, Chansung. I slapped my forehead. “What are you doing?” I finally managed to ask. He looked at me like I was crazy. “I’m waiting for you to finish packing,” he said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. I looked at him. Were the numerous acrobatic moves they’re doing getting to him? I rolled my eyes and returned to my packing. Deep inside, I know I was jumping like crazy. Hwang Chansung of 2PM was sitting on my room and talking to me!

Finally, I was able to finish packing my things. I was looking for something to wear when my phone rang. ‘I’ll be back, neon dashi nareul chajeul geoya,’ it sang. I heard Chansung chuckle. I rolled my eyes and answered the phone. “Yoboseyo?” I said. I took a plain t-shirt and skinny jeans and entered the bathroom. “Taegyun-oppa, where are you? I haven’t seen you since last week,” I could feel her pout. “I’m staying over at my uncle’s house for a week. I promise, I’ll come visit you,” I told her. I don’t think I could mention the ‘living with the beastly idols themselves, 2PM’ to her.

I went out of the bathroom and found Chansung sprawled on the couch, reading a black notebook…BLACK NOTEBOOK! “Yah, what do you think are you doing?” I asked him. He brought the notebook down and looked at me. “You’re quite a skilled composer, Lee Taegyun. These are pretty cool,” he muttered when he brought the notebook up again. I brought my brows together and took the notebook from him. “Nobody, and I MEAN NOBODY must find out about this notebook, you hear me?” I asked him. With eyes widened, he nodded.

I sighed and placed the notebook in my bag. I placed my bag on my shoulder and went out of my room. If Chansung is like this, I have a bad feeling about my stay in 2PM’s dorm. But, who knows, maybe he’s not so bad after all. Who knows?