Final

Permission

“Key, can I have your permission to order pizza for today’s dinner?”

“Pizza? Yeah, sure.” A smile tugged at his lips.

I couldn’t help grinning at his surprising answer. Usually he would refuse pizza and claim he would get fat, maybe he wants to give himself a treat today. I don’t mind him getting a little fatter anyways, he would look nicer.

Maybe even more perfect than he already is.

For the last sixteen years, my life has been revolving around this picture-perfect human named Key. I’d always loved him and everything he did, from the first moment I laid my eyes on him, I knew it. Maybe that was why my habit of asking him for permission was born. It’s just that, I don’t want him to be angry or upset because of me.

That would break my heart into a million pieces.

“Jjong-ah, I want more cheese and ham. Oh and add more mushrooms too please.”

“Really Key? What happened to you? Did aliens kidnap the real you and replace you with a clone that likes food or something?”

“Nah, I’m just hungry from exercising today. Now go go go! I need food, fast!”

His laughter rang through my ears as I jogged out from the apartment we shared. I could hear that laughter forever; I would even sell my soul to Satan to keep hearing him laugh. Maybe it’s because of that that I pestered him to let my stay with him. I used the reason of his home was nearer to school, but the truth was that I just wanted to stay by his side.

“Sir, may I take your order please?”

“Yes. One regular house special, with extra cheese, ham and mushrooms. And other regular Hawaiian pizza, with more cheese.”

“Okay, let me repeat your order, One regular house special, more cheese, ham and mushrooms, and one regular Hawaiian with more cheese. That will be $13.90 please.”

I handed the cashier, who kept flashing her cleavage, the money. Too bad lady, s don’t . I have Key. I know I attract attention from females a lot, but Key is the only one I want to make mine. He also does attract attention, but from both genders, which piss me off a little.

I unlocked the door with my free hand, just in time to see Key watching a movie, where the male lead confesses to the female lead. A thought struck me hard.

Maybe I should confess.

But what if he doesn’t feel the same way? What if he’s a homophobe? What if he avoids me after I tell him? Worries flooded my mind. Then I remembered something my mom always said before she died. Three strikes and I will do it.

Three strikes.

Three strikes and I will confess.

I laid down the steaming hot pizza and Key bounded over to the table from the sofa. His beautiful eyes sparkled in anticipation as he waited for the food. How I wished they were instead sparkling for me. And me only, of course.

“Ooh, you really did order what I wanted. Nice~”

I just smiled, and used the knife to cut the pizzas into slices.

“Key, can I have your permission to start eating?”

“Of course you can, stupid. Just eat.”

Key took a slice and munched into it. His face washed over with satisfaction as he tasted the delicious creation. I took a slice of mine and bit into it too. It was really good; I could see why Key liked it that much.

I looked up when I finished the slice, only to see cheese dotting the sides of Key’s mouth. I laughed; he really did look like a cat like this. Unknowingly, my hand went up to wipe his mouth clean, and only when he blushed then I realized what I was actually doing.

Strike one.

We ate in silence after that, and then Key broke it.

“Jonghyun-ah, do you want to go to the school festival tomorrow? Tomorrow is a holiday after all. I heard they have fireworks at night there!”

“Can I come with you?”

He rolled his eyes, and gave me that you-don’t-say look.

“Err, okay then.”

The rest of the night went along peacefully, and ended with me snuggling against Key in bed. At first, I was rejected by him to do that, but eventually he gave in, and I have been doing so ever since. It was pure bliss, to bask and sleep in the comforting warmth that he radiated.

The next day came fast, and because we both slept until afternoon, once we got up we started preparing to go to the festival.

Key needed to so-called, prep himself, which actually means foundation, BB-cream, eyeliner, hair gel, etc… Oh and skinny jeans too. So while he prepared, I gained 10 minutes of extra sleep, until he came to give me my clothes and stuff.

Like a mom. Just like a mom. But I still love him.

We were ready by 2, and just in time for the festival to start. As we walked towards the school province, we were greeted by stares of both girls and boys. Like I told you, Key and I attract attention for our looks. I receive like say, 3 confessions per month? Key gets more though; 5 per month. And yes, I’m not quite happy about that. Lucky for me, he rejected every single one of them.

I have quite a chance, don’t I?

There were quite a few stalls. All were either game or food stalls. They had good stuff, like caramel popcorn, potato swirls, frozen yogurt, fish and chips, and of course, cotton candy.

“Ooh oh my god they have cotton candy!” Key squealed.

I sighed as he pulled me towards the stall packed full of people. When it was our turn, the erted stall owner kept eyeing Key with that kind of I-want-to-eat-you-right-now look. Little Key, didn’t notice, because the owner gave him a whole lot more cotton candy compared to mine. But I did.

Strike two.

I practically dragged him away from the stall, fuming mad. Key had the surprised look on his face, which infuriated me even more. How could he not know he was being targeted? And so obviously?

I stopped at a place where there were not many people. Key gently slid out of my hold, and I was faced with his worried features. I guess he knew I was the type that won’t get angry easily, except if I was really angry.

“What’s wrong? Are… are you okay?”

I took several deep breaths before forcing a smile and speaking.

“I’m fine. I… There were just too many people.”

He arched a perfectly-shaped eyebrow at me, questioning my reason. I shrugged innocently, and gave him my signature puppy-eyes. Before he could question me any further, I just pulled him towards the games stalls. Heh, smart eh?

It was nearly night time when Key told me to follow him somewhere. I was quite puzzled. Didn’t he want to see the fireworks display? Nevertheless, I followed him obediently. We went up a small hill behind the school compound, and when the fireworks started exploding into beautiful lights, and then I could understand why Key brought me here.

At our position, we could see the entire night sky bursting with bright colours and not be interrupted by other people. I turned to Key, and saw his face being illuminated by the glow given off by the fireworks. He looked simply… beautiful.

Strike three.

I took a deep breath, and tapped his shoulder.

“Key, can I have your permission to confess something?”

“What is it?”

“I… I have always loved you since the day we met. Ever since I exchanged gazes with you. I love your eyes, I love your hair, I love your lips, and I love even your nagging. But I was scared to tell you because I thought you would avoid me and now that I told you, you probably will. I’m so sorry for this I will leave your life at once after this-“

“Enough.”

My head jolted up, my eyes glistening with un-shed tears. He raised his head, and I saw that he was crying.

“You idiot! Do you know how long I’ve been waiting for you to say this? And you don’t need to disappear from my life, because… I love you too.”

And then he rushed into my arms. My mind was spinning. He loved me… back?

Wait, he loved me back! HE LOVED ME BACK!

I hugged him close, and released him after a while. I cupped his face, and we shared our first kiss, in the light of the bursting fireworks.

 

 

A.N

I'm so sorry if I didn't update this for a loooooong time. I had to attend my aunt's funeral for the past 3 days. I stayed there from 8 plus in the morning till 11.30 in the night so I just didn't have the time. If you had read my other fic (Inferno) you would know I'm chinese.

For those who aren't chinese, Chinese funerals last either 3, 5, 7 or 10 days. It depends how old the person is. As I'm her direct niece, I have to stay and help out with the wake and funeral stuff.

I REALLY HOPED YOU ENJOYED THIS STORY. I myself really liked the plot :) ROMANTIC JJONG NAEEE~

I intend on starting another chaptered fic, SO STAY TUNED OKAY? :D

xoxoxo, PP