SooKris || Discovery

C'est La Vie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey, guys! Before we get into the story, I just want to let you guys know that the voting for the SOOKEY shipper name has already started. Suggestions are in and you have until Wednesday, 14 November 2012, at 7 PM KST. You may only vote ONCE.

Thank you very much and spread the world!

Click here to vote!

for SY-JaeHa

 

Discovery

~flow19~

 

                The room was silent, cold and mostly dark except for the light coming out of a lamp on a table by a desk. Behind the said desk, Kris Wu let out a deep sigh, disrupting the silence. He ran a hand down his face in exhaustion before he gathered the papers on his desk, shoved them in a folder and placed the paper on the pile of those documents he had finished reading and signing. It was a tall pile but with one move of his head, he saw the other much taller pile – the one he still had to read and sign.

“You’re killing yourself.”

His attention shifted to the entrance of his office, finding his older half-sister standing there. “Victoria jiejie.”

“It’s already ten o’clock, didi.” She reminded him as she walked further inside the room. “All your employees have gone home. Why are you still here?”

“I still have a lot to do. Sure, I’ve accomplished a lot already but there’s still so much more to do.” Kris sighed. “Why are you here, by the way?”

“Amber called, telling me you’re working overtime… again.” Sitting on one of the two leather couches in front of his desk, a frown crossed her features. “So I came here to personally pluck you out of your seat.”

An eyebrow rose. “What am I? A flower? And won’t jiefu kill me because you’re here instead of being at home with him and the kids?”

“Zhou Mi understands.” His older sent him a pointed look. “C’mon, Kris. Get up and let’s go home.”

“Jiejie, I still have a bunch of things to read.” He gestured to the taller pile of documents on the desk. “I’ll leave by eleven or eleven thirty. I promise.”

Victoria grimaced. “That’s too late.”

Kris grimaced back at his sister. “I’ll manage.”

She shook her head, knowing that she needed to say what needed to be said. The topic had been taboo for such a long time now and it was time to end it. What her half-brother was doing wasn’t healthy, especially when there was still another way to deal with what he was going through. Kris could get mad at her for what she was about to say but she was willing to take the risk, knowing that it needed to be said.

“Well, working 24/7 won’t change the fact that you love her.”

He froze; a hard look on his face. “Don’t go there, jiejie.”

“You need to hear it and I think the best person you could hear it from is from me.” Victoria easily retorted. “I know you two broke up because of work and you’re way of dealing with that is by working even more? What the hell?”

“It’s not like what it seems, jiejie. I lost her. This is all I have left.” His voice rose a fraction and finally, the carefully composed mask on his face broke; the pain, sadness and disappointment he was feeling crossing his face before he lowered his head. “I might as well do everything I can not to lose this company too.”

“You haven’t lost her completely.”

Kris snapped his head up; his eyes wide. “What?”

“I overheard Heechul oppa and Kyuhyun oppa talking about her. She’s just as lost as you are, Kris. She still loves you. I’m sure.” The expression on her face softened. “Why don’t you just call her, didi?”

He shook his head. “She wouldn’t want to talk to me.”

“How would you know for sure if you haven’t tried?” Victoria sent him a pointed look.

His shoulders deflated in defeat. “I don’t know what to say.”

“Hello is always a good place to start.” A smile crossed her face, knowing that she won the argument. “How about you get up from your chair, head home and rest? You can think about what I said in the morning.”

                Kris let out yet another deep sigh and to his sister’s delight, he finally nodded, getting up from his chair before taking his briefcase from the floor. Victoria waited patiently until he had finished packing his things before she turned off the desk lamp; the moon their only source of light as they left Kris’s office.

o-o-o-o-o  

“You’re…” An unreadable expression crossed Sehun’s face as he walked into Kris’s office with Luhan, Tao and Kai behind. “… working again.”

“Not now, Tao.” Kris grumbled from behind a stack of documents, turning his attention back to his secretary. “I want a copy of the final menu for grand launch of the resort we are opening in Miami Beach. Remind Taemin that I need the guest list by two o’clock so I can finalize it and I want the end of the week reports for the ones in Jeju, Boracay, Santa Monica, Aruba, and Nice.”

                The secretary nodded before walking briskly out of the office, bowing in greeting at the four men before completely disappearing from the room. Tao, Luhan, Sehun and Kai all exchanged a look, quietly debating on who should approach the obvious stressed out Kris. A quick rock paper scissors tournament after and Kai was soon grimacing; a lengthy groan escaping his lips before he cleared his throat.

“Hyung…”

“Unless you’re all here for the invitations to the grand launch, I don’t have time to talk.”

Something inside Kai snapped as he glared daggers at the older man. “We’re here to talk to Kris Wu. You know… our best friend? Not the grouchy, hormonal CEO of Luxe Group of Companies. If by chance you see him, tell him we’re looking for him.”

Kris let out sight, reaching a hand up to massage his temples. “I’m really sorry, guys.”

“Seriously, Kris. Just what the hell are you doing?”  Luhan raised a hand when the other man opened his mouth to speak. “And no, I don’t mean what you’re doing with you work. I mean what you’re doing with your life. You’re killing yourself.”

“Victoria jiejie already gave me this kind of talk and honestly, I don’t need another one.” He ran a hand down his face.

“I think you do, gege.” Tao shook his head. “Tell us. What do you want? I don’t mean what you want in work or anything like that… just what do you really want to do.”

                Kris fell silent; his head already throbbing with the stress of his work. He really didn’t need this kind of question to be asked to him. But now that all was said and done, he couldn’t help but think of what the answer. The obvious ones came to mind so quickly yet he knew it wasn’t the answer he was looking for. He had always listened to his mind up to this point and he knew, whether or like it or not, that he had to start listening to his heart once again… and his heart only had one answer.

He wanted to be with one Choi Sooyoung.

o-o-o-o-o

                It was evening again and Kris was still in his office. After convincing his sister that he would leave even before the clock struck nine, Victoria had finally left to go out to dinner with Zhou Mi and their two kids. She had been humming something under her breath the entire time; a song so familiar to Kris thanks to the years he spent in America. It was intentional on her part and Kris knew it for sure. She was trying to send him a message; one he understood oh so easily.

Hello, yeah, it’s been a while.
Not much, how ‘bout you?
I’m not sure why I called,
I guess I really just want to talk to you.

And I was thinking maybe later on,
We could get together for a while.
It’s been such a long time,
And I really do miss your smile.

I’m not talking ‘bout moving in,
And I don’t want to change your life.
But there’s a warm wind blowing the stars around,
And I’d really love to see you tonight.

                A ghost of a wry smile crossed his handsome face as he reached for his phone, scrolling through his phonebook until he reached her name. Choi Sooyoung. If his sister’s information was correct, Sooyoung still hadn’t changed her number. She, as well as his friends and even Zhou M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter