SooHan || Irpe

C'est La Vie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

for NoonMonkey

 

Irpe

~flow19~

 

It’s that look on his face that she hates so much.

It’s that look on his face that makes her squirm.

It’s that way one side of those lips of his tilts upward.

It’s that look that can tell so many things – arrogance, confidence, pretence

That smirk.

Choi Sooyoung honestly hates that smirk.

She honestly can’t understand how one face; one that looks so innocent and sweet can have that look that is a complete three sixty.

Lu Han

Boy, she hates him and that smirk of his.

o-o-o-o-o

“Did you hear? Yonghwa oppa is taking Seohyun unnie to the dance!”

“Kris oppa is going stag though. Bummer.”

“That just leaves Luhan oppa! Who do you think he’ll ask?”

“I hope he’ll ask me!”

                Sooyoung rolls her eyes as she walks through the corridor of the second floor of the east wing. She isn’t so sure if she’s annoyed by or she pities how most of the student body is consumed by this supposedly important dance. She also isn’t so sure if she’s annoyed by or she pities how everyone is on the lookout for who Luhan is asking to the dance. Sooyoung really doesn’t what the deal with that guy is. So what if he’s good looking? So what if he has this devil may care attitude that contradicts his angelic face? So what if he’s so mysteriously alluring? So what if he is the Luhan?

Sooyoung really doesn’t get what the deal is with him and his obvious popularity.

                She shakes the thoughts away, rushing down the stairs to reach the first floor. She can’t wait to be reunited with the cafeteria any minute from now. Sooyoung turns left and skids to a stop. A huge crowd is hovering over the entrance to the cafeteria. Her eyes roll again, quite used to this by now. Some guy is probably inside, ready with a huge ‘proposal’ for the dance. She is used to it but it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t annoy her. It’s delaying her eating time.

Just as she turns to head to the back entrance of the cafeteria, a scream keeps her frozen place.

“There she is! It’s Sooyoung unnie!”

                Her eyes widen and she fights the curiosity and barely manages to not turn out. What do they mean? Why is she feeling many pairs of eyes staring at her? She is certain, even without seeing, that everyone has their attention on her. But why? Sooyoung makes a move to run to only stop when she hears familiar voices trying to get through the crowd; footsteps coming towards her as she finally dares to look.

“There you are!” Yoona rests her hands on her knees as she catches her breath. “We’ve been waiting for you.”

She glances in fear at all the students gawking at her. “What the hell is going on?”

“I really think you need to see this.”

                Without really bothering to way for a reply, Yoona takes her best friend’s hand before a loud move out of the way escapes her lips. Almost like the story of Moses she has read in the Bible countless times, Sooyoung sees the sea of students part in half; the entrance of the cafeteria visible once more. From where she is, she can see more students inside, huddling around something she can’t quite see, and as Yoona drags her closer and closer, she gets a better view of what the big deal is. Needless to say, she is stunned speechless as soon as she reaches inside.

                Luhan is standing by the table in the center of the room; the ever present smirk on his face and a bouquet of gardenias in one hand. It’s that smirk of his that reeks of arrogance and certainty and Sooyoung fights the urge to scowl, suddenly anxious and nervous to find out what he wants and get the hell out of there… Well, after she grabs a bite to eat.

“There you are.” The smirk on his face broadens as he easily ignored every other person in the cafeteria. “I’ve been waiting for you.”

Her eyebrows shoot up. “What do you want?”

“Well… Will you go to the dance with me?”

                Her eyes widen much more than she thinks they can and her jaw threatens to hit the floor. What the hell? They have barely spoken to each other ever since they have known the other exists. She is highly annoyed of him and is certain that he knows nothing about her… and now he wants to ask her out to the dance in front of everyone?

Luhan chuckles under his breath. “Come on, Choi Sooyoung… We all know you’ll say yes so just spare everyone the suspense already.”

“No.”

                If it’s at all possible, everyone in the room holds their breath and blinks in unison. Murmurs of various versions of ‘Did she really say no to Luhan’ spread across the audiences and this time, it’s Luhan’s turn to be shocked. Sooyoung’s jaw is clenched and so are fists. She isn’t like those other girls who are wrapped around Luhan’s finger. No. She is so much more than that and she isn’t going to let this Chinese who-the-hell-does-he-think-he-is change that.

“Do I even know you?” She arches an eyebrow, watching as his face hardens. “I know you are Lu Han, this popular, arrogant guy who has girls at his beck and call. Sorry to disappoint you, sweetheart, but I’d rather be the wallflower of the dance than go with you.”

                With that, she turns on heel and walks out of the cafeteria, forgetting the fact that she hasn’t eaten and just revelling how she has put that guy in his place. Where is his smirk now? Gone. That makes her happy. She fights the urge to roll her eyes as Yoona appears by her side; shock still clearly written on the face of her best friend.

“You just said no to Luhan.”

“Yep, I did.”

Yoona nods slowly. “No one has ever done that before.”

A smug smile crosses the slightly older woman’s beautiful face. “I know.”

o-o-o-o-o

                Life hasn’t been the same ever since she said no to Luhan to say the least. She has gained just as many ‘supporters’ and enemies. A day never ends without her hearing ‘How can she do that to Luhan oppa?’ or ‘She doesn’t deserve Luhan oppa anyway’ and many, many other comments. Sooyoung’s fine with them but that’s because that it surprises her how Luhan hasn’t done anything to torment her. Despite the angelic baby face he sports, he knows how to make anyone who crosses him live in hell being the egotistical, bad guy image he has. It makes her curious that he hasn’t done anything to her… but then again he has been practicing along with the rest of the football squad for the finals.

A game which happens to be today

A game which she is actually watching and cheering for

                Surprisingly, it does not surprise anyone that she is there to support the team that is one game away from being champions. Everyone knows by now that she isn’t there for Luhan, the team’s star goalie. She is here to cheer on someone who is actually her friend and the star striker of the team, Kris Wu. With Yoona’s hand clasped tightly in her own, Sooyoung takes a peak at the scoreboard. There isn’t much time left and both teams have one goal. The opposing team has possession of the ball as they fight their way across the field; the ball kicked and passed between many pairs of feet. Everyone, even Sooyoung, watches anxiously as the other team’s star striker takes hold of the ball; his eyes narrowing as he sets his sights on Luhan and the goal.

“Don’t this up. Don’t this up.” Sooyoung mumbles over and over again under her breath as the opponent searches for the right moment to kick the ball and it ends up happening sooner than later.

                Everyone can see how hard the ball is kicked, how it can be the potential winning shot Yoona squeezes Sooyoung’s hand tighter as they watch the ball fly right into Luhan’s waiting arms. Luhan smirks at his rival before sending the ball flying once again, landing square on Kris’s chest. The ball rolls off his chest and the tide of the game easily shifts back to the other side. Kris easily dodges the pair of o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter